Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WTF? I exited the game and went to sleep leaving my computer on to download games and apparently the process didn't shut down and just now I noticed that my Steam profile says I'm in-game and I just killed the process and now I have 20 Hours of game time even though I've only really played 45 minutes :/

Deleted
    ive not played the game, only seen videos/streams, and is it just me or do a lot of the monsters looks like pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    WTF? I exited the game and went to sleep leaving my computer on to download games and apparently the process didn't shut down and just now I noticed that my Steam profile says I'm in-game and I just killed the process and now I have 20 Hours of game time even though I've only really played 45 minutes :/
    Yeah, there appears to be some issue with the launcher not closing completely when you exit the game.

Deleted
    Game seems fun so far. Lacks telling you what the fuck to do after making an anvil and shit.

Deleted
    well my game crashed with about 20 different error messages after i got the make a distress beacon quest

beta will be beta!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well my game crashed after i got the make a distress beacon quest

beta will be beta!
    Probably better off anyway lol, unless you've got some good armor and a lot of luck the UFO sucks hard.

Though I killed it yesterday by cheesing it something fierce.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

well my game crashed with about 20 different error messages after i got the make a distress beacon quest

beta will be beta!
    Yeah, hopefully today's patch is going to fix some of the major issues with crashing.

Deleted
    ok, so after my game crashed, a tonne of differtent error messages appeared and now i can't relaunch the game :\

i launch it but it crashes on the "chucklefish" screen

help me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Probably better off anyway lol, unless you've got some good armor and a lot of luck the UFO sucks hard.

Though I killed it yesterday by cheesing it something fierce.

i don't even know how to get armor and weapons lol

im just in what ever gear it starts you with.

ok, so after my game crashed, a tonne of differtent error messages appeared and now i can't relaunch the game :\

i launch it but it crashes on the "chucklefish" screen

help me!
    Are you by chance running Windows XP?

Deleted
    Are you by chance running Windows XP?

windows 7, im doing verify integrity shizz on steam, taking forever! it better have saved my progress!

windows 7, im doing verify integrity shizz on steam, taking forever! it better have saved my progress!
    Were you getting error messages saying shit like "C++ Runtime Library" "something requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" blah blah blah, like 5-10x?

Kind of like this: http://i.imgur.com/e6Vhkzs.jpg ?

Try disabling the Steam overlay for the game and also run it as an administrator.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-12-06 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Were you getting error messages saying shit like "C++ Runtime Library" "something requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" blah blah blah, like 5-10x?

yeah, loads of them came up, then the error mesages them selves crashed and i couldn't clear them. fixed it though, verifying the game files worked.

Well there you go, cya in 3 days when you resurface for food!

Deleted
    is the starting planet random? because im sure i've been shafted on resources, can't find much ore or trees

the materials needed for this beacon is crazy!

is the starting planet random? because im sure i've been shafted on resources, can't find much ore or trees

the materials needed for this beacon is crazy!
    They should be random, the starter planet seems to be kind of small though.

Dig down!

Don't forget to visit other planets in the system you're in by interacting with the pilot's chair on your ship. You might find more stuff on other planets, just be mindful of the threat levels. I wouldn't go above 3 or 4 if just starting out. You'll need some fuel for your ship to travel there, Coal works...somehow...

First things to get should be a pickaxe and an iron hunting bow. Iron Hunting Bow can one shot pretty much all the low level stuff from range.

Deleted
    They should be random, the starter planet seems to be kind of small though.

Dig down!

Don't forget to visit other planets in the system you're in by interacting with the pilot's chair on your ship. You might find more stuff on other planets, just be mindful of the threat levels. I wouldn't go above 3 or 4 if just starting out. You'll need some fuel for your ship to travel there, Coal works...somehow...

First things to get should be a pickaxe and an iron hunting bow. Iron Hunting Bow can one shot pretty much all the low level stuff from range.

i was digging down, and the screen went blurry and i died, whats that about?

Froze to death or something?

Was your little sun-meter bar going down?

Oh yeah that sounds like hypothermia lol, the game has a body heat thing

Carry a campfire with you and when you notice the thermometer at the bottom of the screen getting low to the left, place the campfire to warm up. Then destroy it with an axe or your matter manipulator to pick it up again for later.

Otherwise, sounds like that planet sucks and you should leave it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Froze to death or something?

Was your little sun-meter bar going down?

yeah, it thought that was telling me the sun was going to rise hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah that sounds like hypothermia lol, the game has a body heat thing

Carry a campfire with you and when you notice the thermometer at the bottom of the screen getting low to the left, place the campfire to warm up. Then destroy it with an axe or your matter manipulator to pick it up again for later.

Otherwise, sounds like that planet sucks and you should leave it lol.

ive been digging for like 15mins now with a stone pickaxe, found only coal and iron so far D:

died about a million times already

yeah, it thought that was telling me the sun was going to rise hahaha
    That's what I thought, too.

Except then I noticed it going up when I was inside my hovel, and it was still getting darker outside. It was about then that it dawned on me that it was probably like the hunger meter, and I should probably keep it filled lol.

Up until someone mentioned bringing a campfire with you, I had no idea how exactly to do that