Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It seems to me that a lot of you are angry because you know what he's saying is true, but you don't want the truth to be said aloud...
    Makes me not want to be their ally anymore.

Seriously, what has Israel done for us that's been worth $12 trillion and terrorism?

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Seriously, what has Israel done for us that's been worth $12 trillion and terrorism?
    Natalie Portman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am pretty sure this will turn into another "blame The Evil Zionist Juice" thread.
    P.S.
    Israel is not controlling the USA or otherwise.
    They are allies, if you know what that means.
    It is a one-sided alliance though, only one country is benefiting from it and it isn't America.

Anyway Benjamin Netanyahu always stroke me as the clown type of PM just like Bush or our very own PM Blair. Bringing a kindergarten drawing to the UN, disrespecting his allies leaders (e.g. Obama) in public, and claiming that other countries "want to wipe Israel of the Earth" using a twisted and wrong translation to backup his claims.

I would want him to be elected again just to be able to get some free entertainment while reading the news...

I kinda agree with Cirno up there, while I'm sure it's not nice to hear it, a notable portion of the U.S. population is pretty easily moved between extreme patriotism and the word 'God' being thrown around to convince people to blindly follow. While not true for all, there's certainly a noticeable portion of the population for which this is true.

Only three pages and heaps of nutball posts already.

Meanwhile back in the real world none of this actually has anything to do with religion anyway. I wonder if any conflict in human history has every really been about religion and not just money/land/resources with religion used as a justification.

P.S. It's the Middle East, both sides are evil. Why Western countries would want to get involved in such a terrible place is beyond me (hint: money).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

All wars come down to resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    That wouldn't be much of a war. The Sharia law itself is setting fundamentalist muslim countries on the path to self destruction.
    As far as I know "fundamentalist muslim countries" don't really exist and if they do (or did) it is only 2 or 3 of them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I guess you may call it a media fad, in lack of a better term. Like considering jews to be cool is the new black.

There are 2 types of characters in movies that will rarely or never do anything evil: modern day court judges and jewish people. As if the media has been prohibited to belittle representatives of justice and jews.
    You know why? It's not a fad. They're just scared of being called a racist or nazi. It's really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Natalie Portman.
    She's worth $8 trillion. TOPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Only three pages and heaps of nutball posts already.

Meanwhile back in the real world none of this actually has anything to do with religion anyway. I wonder if any conflict in human history has every really been about religion and not just money/land/resources with religion used as a justification.

P.S. It's the Middle East, both sides are evil. Why Western countries would want to get involved in such a terrible place is beyond me (hint: money).
    Saying both sides are evil in this case is like saying Germany and Britain were both evil in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Saying both sides are evil in this case is like saying Germany and Britain were both evil in WW2.
    You really don't pay much attention to the Israeli treatment of Palestinian refugees, do you?

On the other hand, WW2 was only a thing because of the policies of the victor nations in WW1.

This analogy is actually stronger than I thought it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Painting the world in black and white instead of shades of grey is what people seem to be doing in these forums.

I've said it before, but why I think people favor Israel is because people view Israel as a last bastion of hope in the region and/or the only civilized people in the area. I like them because they have great small arms (uzi etc).

If America bends as easy as he says, then the Arabs in the region wouldn't exist, just the way I took it.

Deleted
    I really dislike this guy. That said... he's right, America is easily moved in Israel's favor. I'm sorry but there's nothing to combat here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    I've said it before, but why I think people favor Israel is because people view Israel as a last bastion of hope in the region and/or the only civilized people in the area. I like them because they have great small arms (uzi etc).

If America bends as easy as he says, then the Arabs in the region wouldn't exist, just the way I took it.
    Have you visited any of the Gulf countries? UAE and Qatar are very beautiful and some-what advanced places (the others aren't as good but are improving overtime). What I blame for this disoriented image iss the media image of Middle East as a big desert with camels and people living in huts.

To the bold part, not sure if you haven't noticed most of the governments in the Middle East are pro-USA except for Syria which is in a civil war and Iran which will probably be involved in a war with the US or Israel some time soon.

This is why I don't support going to war with Iran or consider Israel an ally.

Think about this for a second. If Ahmadinejad said the things that Netanyahu says in this video you would never hear the end of it. However, the mainstream media has said nothing about this because it would paint Israel in a bad light and they can't have that.

At the end of the day Israel stands for everything America is against. If that "80% of Americans" that support Israel knew what they were really about we would probably be looking at war with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I really dislike this guy. That said... he's right, America is easily moved in Israel's favor. I'm sorry but there's nothing to combat here.
    I don't contest the truthfulness of what he's saying. I'm saying maybe we should change that fact.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Have you visited any of the Gulf countries? UAE and Qatar are very beautiful and some-what advanced places (the others aren't as good but are improving overtime). What I blame for this disoriented image iss the media image of Middle East as a big desert with camels and people living in huts.

To the bold part, not sure if you haven't noticed most of the governments in the Middle East are pro-USA except for Syria which is in a civil war and Iran which will probably be involved in a war with the US or Israel some time soon.
    Actually the government of Iran isn't that bad.

In fact, the entire reason Ahmadinejad is President is because the US won't keep its goddamn nose out of Iran's business.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post

I didn't say that all of them were in the stone age, I said what some people view it as. I realize there are advanced places outside of my nearest city.

Second part, let me rephrase it, the countries that hate Israel wouldn't exist if America bent so easily with him in control.

Deleted
    Completely agree with Arnorei. I have the belief America will stand with Israel no matter what, and I think Netanyahu knows it.
    I just hope Netanyahu doesn't drag the USA into a unjustified war, against Iran.