Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worst thing you can do is to find love in WoW.

Find my ex-gf in my ex-guild. 3 years later she left me for another player who was the guild master.

Ruin the game for me. Don't do it !

*cool story bro*

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I've never seen so many white knights congregate like this.

I would say 3/4 of the posts are white knights coming to the rescue.
    Well, got to keep people guessing whether I'm a really nice chap or if I like donkey punching ball gagged women handcuffed to the radiator.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Im trying to guess her bewb's size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Well, got to keep people guessing whether I'm a really nice chap or if I like donkey punching ball gagged women handcuffed to the radiator.
    I have a boner now.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    Normally my thought is..."oh it's a girl"

But my favorite all time of these events so far is one raid I joined...and there was a female. She started talking and everyone went silent, and then when she said she would be right back and got off the computer for a second some dude was like "dude that chick has the hottest voice I've ever heard" I couldn't stop laughing
    Aye, seen that a few times. Probably one of the most hilarious things I've encountered in game.

Most of the time I simply don't care if the player is female or male as long as they are capable of following directions, don't utterly fail, or are simply fun to be around.

My instant reaction: "OMG A GIRL ON WOW I WONDER IF SHE'S HOT".

My reaction a second later: "Wow she actually knows what she's talking about".

My reaction a few minutes later: "Why the hell would anyone bot in LFR?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Amalisa View Post
    enough bindings for you?
    You're my hero, Amalisa <3 lol (not allowed to post the link, because MMO finds me unworthy xD)

and as for Cirque's response to my comment, thanks for replying, I kind of knew you weren't the 'princess' type or anything, but I wrote it anyway to get my point across :P and yes, there are some women with very.. high.. pitched voices, but regardless, they are your team members/guildies and maybe a friend in the future and would be hurt to hear of your biased opinion on their voice, they can't help how their voice sounds and you shouldn't care about your voice in vent either. Speak freely, but constructively and everyone you encounter will appreciate you and people won't end up on these forums bashing the female stereotype

First thing I think when I see a girl in a raid is "Oh, great. Another terrible player no one will call out for being bad because she has ovaries." If she's exceptionally chatty, I'll also likely get to hear her clumsily flirt her way through failing at simple boss strategies, and then see loot that someone else could use go to her while absolutely nobody fucking objects.

Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised, but most women who are solid players don't usually let it be known they're women unless it's in a group they're already really comfortable with. The ones that make it known right off the bat or talk a little too much in Vent are almost always looking for something to be handed to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    WoW player#1255: Give her a chance Eagleowl shes doing her best
    WoW player #1254: If she goes I go

Devastating consequences from time to time; I'm just saying

*Giggle*
    Arggg, i hate when people do that only because she's a girl, i remenber one time in LFR i got Deathwing Bow and people started telling me, "Hey give her the bow, she came just for that", "Hey, don't be an assh*le and give it to her" and i was like... "But but... i won the roll! why should i give it to her?!", and them they replied "DON'T BE A FAGG*T AND GIVE IT TO HER!, SHE'S A LADY!" and i was like "yes, she's a woman, but that doesn't mean that she have more rights than i do" and they started insulting me a lot and i was like oooohhh well... and left >.>

O.T:

I actually don't give a shit about that, but normally their voices are a little to low and is hard to listen to them when they speak :S

Deleted
    I really dont care. What I do care about though is the immaturity of some co-raiders when they try to sweet talk with the females and forget about their own duties in the raid.
    Also regarding this topic I made a lot of bad experiences when the guild leader was married to one of the raiders and she wasnt up to everyone else's skill. He would end up picking her over someone better suited for the job because he cant say no to her and it would create a lot of confusion, anger and mistrust. I stayed away from those kind of guilds where having chicks in the raid created problems. Right now we have 2 females in our 10man people raid but they dont really raid anymore. During raids it all goes smoothly and thats all I care about :>

I have the pre-conceived notion that female wow players are bad wow players =/
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Chiori View Post
    You're my hero, Amalisa <3 lol (not allowed to post the link, because MMO finds me unworthy xD)

and as for Cirque's response to my comment, thanks for replying, I kind of knew you weren't the 'princess' type or anything, but I wrote it anyway to get my point across :P and yes, there are some women with very.. high.. pitched voices, but regardless, they are your team members/guildies and maybe a friend in the future and would be hurt to hear of your biased opinion on their voice, they can't help how their voice sounds and you shouldn't care about your voice in vent either. Speak freely, but constructively and everyone you encounter will appreciate you and people won't end up on these forums bashing the female stereotype
    You're absolutely right of course, I don't think my choice of words is correct really, but I can't express it differently - my English is just bad today. I will try to keep it in mind though, I never meant to offend or hurt anyone, and sorry if I offended you. You actually reminded me of an old guildie I had, ages ago, who had the sexiest, most amazing female voice I have ever heard. Shame my voice doesn't even come 1/1000th close to that.. Haha. derp. x.x

This thread got big really fast.. I didn't expect that, and overall really I think the replies have encouraged me to NOT mute myself next week's altrun.. and.. just see how it goes. Seeing most people claim they don't care, or are worried about the other guys' "i'm 12" reactions rather than about the girl's performance, then I should be fine, most of the time. I hope. Thanks again guys. I'm off to bed for now, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it tomorrow too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, I don't form an opinion until recount does.

OP: I don't think I have any thoughts in relation to that. After comments happen, though, I'll think something along the lines of: "I sure hope this doesn't mean the boys will start spasming... What's the average age of our PuG..?"
    Maybe I'll get angry because of all the sandwich and kitchen jokes that will happen in some groups. I really, really can't stand those.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Hi guys!

So here's the scenario. You join a pug for any random raid (or you invite a random dude to cap your conquest, or whatever). You join Vent and.. Find out that one of your pugs is actually female!

Be honest! What would you think? Would it surprise you? Would you feel she'll be bad, is it demoralizing, or is it perhaps a big bonus to enjoy a possible sexy female voice? Will your opinion be different depending on what role she does (dps/tank/heal)? Or maybe you honestly don't give two shits?

Curious to see your replies!
    my Guild master is a woman, one of my officers is a woman,
    currently as it stands, three out of ten raid members are women in our raid group, yeh i woulden't have any problems and I don't give two shits about it.

Every single person I play with on WoW is a girl. My best friend is a girl. My guild only has girls. It'd be far more weird to not hear a female voice than to hear one. I think I'm like, the lone anomaly of guys on WoW, or something.

I like meeting female players but I usually let out a massive sigh because now I have to listen to the raid leader or some other guys hitting on her for the next few hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalisa View Post
    I find this post sexist. Why should a "girl gamer' be any different then a male gamer? We are people, we play games, just because I don't have a penis does not mean I will play worse then you.
    It's not about how they play, it's about the drama they cause in general. And often it is the girls fault that drama happens, from personal expirience it's rare for a dude to be the cause even if it is related to a girl.

But as you said, girls can play just as good as any guy.

Since every group I have played MMOs with has at least one female in it, I don't think I would give it much thought one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I've never seen so many white knights congregate like this.

I would say 3/4 of the posts are white knights coming to the rescue.
    This attitude pisses me off more than pretty much anything in the entire universe.

Guys aren't allowed to have the honest opinion that they don't mind having women around, without apparently white knighting. That's just fucking fantastic, really. The moment a person stands up for another person, if that person happens to be female, suddenly it's white-knighting. What the hell happened to being allowed to voice your support for someone or something? Seriously?

Oh wait, I remember now. In this day and age people aren't allowed to be nice or friendly, if you're not a dickwad you're doing it wrong. Because not being a dickwad automatically gets you labelled as any number of negatives.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.