Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The OP's suggestions are pretty irresponsible outside of very detailed context, because there is an apples-to-oranges aspect to understanding pvp balance.

All of those suggestions sound great for minimal skill zerging twos.

If you put these buffs in the hands of very skilled pvp players, the consequences could be disastrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneska View Post
    Strangulate: remove rune cost, GCD and facing requirement
    No.
    Boneshield: make this baseline
    No.
    Icebound Fortitude: Increase dmg reduction
    To 40% maybe.
    Unholy:
    Remove Pet summon CD, remove all pet spells of GCD, and remove rune cost from Dark Transformation.
    No, no and yes.
    Increase Chains of Ice duration.
    No.
    Overall Frost dmg needs to be reduced a bit
    Yes.

FIXED

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    Yes.

FIXED
    Nerf Obli against light armor, buff FS, remove FS and Obli bonuses from MotFW and ToT

Need to be stronger versus heavy-armored classes and a little weaker versus light armor. This wasn't a problem in cata since most of our damage was frost damage.

I suggest them to rework "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" to no longer increase FS and Obliterate damage. Keep the other bonuses. Increase FS-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for all frost DK's instead, also make Obliterate ignore 15% armor per diseases. This would even things out. We would be strong against heavy armor again and less OP against Light armor.

I would also love to see a new dps-skill with around 15-30sec CD. I think frost has too few damaging skills. Not for a dps-increase but for some change to our boring rotation. Soul Reaper also need some use in PvP for frost, because it's hardly worth putting on the action bar now

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    By how much? Also, grats on making an already strong tank stronger in PvE.

Again, by how much? We need specific numbers if you're going to 'fix' the class.

How? Would you nerf Obliterate? Frost Strike? Increase the cooldowns on Runes? Maybe change one of their DPS cooldowns?

You've fixed nothing. Just thrown out a bunch of vague suggestions. Give us specifics, go into exact detail about your changes. That's what Blizzard needs if they're going to use your suggestions to 'fix' Death Knights.
    Icebound functions differently for tanks and non tanks. As it stands for dps specs its a 20% dmg reductin for dps on a 3 min CD. Proubably the only thing that needs to be looked at from the OPs list ( it does not need to change for tanks).
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Most of these would be VERY reasonable QoL changes.
    I don't believe there are any ranged silences on a 2 minute CD in the game at the moment. They are all on a much shorter cooldown, and they are also resource-free.
    Boneshield baseline is REQUIRED at this point. Death Knights simply die too fast and don't have nearly the defensive tools they need.
    Icebound Fortitude is pathetic as a damage reduction CD. Make it 40% for DPS specs so it's actually worth a 3 minute CD.
    There are many more things that would be great QoL changes and whatnot, but the above ones are the most necessary ones.

Strang being off the GCD and costing no Runes - YES. This should definitely be implemented as frankly our current strang is shite compared to what otehr classes get.

Buff IBF - Nope. IBF is more of a stun breaker and buffing it wouldn't be that much help to us (or possibly make us OP and broken). A much better alternative to give dks some better defenses/mitigation would be to give all specs Bone Shield. Reduces damage taken by 20% for 6 hits on a 1 min CD. This would give us a nice defensive similar to like a barkskin.

UH Pet control/needing a rune for DT is fine.

CoI duration is fine.

Damage is fine.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trollpost?
    if not nerf HBcleave and Ebon plaguebringer first, then buff scourge strike a bit, and then work on offensive/defensive cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you seriously think DKs need any of those buffs, I'm glad you don't work for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Trollpost?
    if not nerf HBcleave and Ebon plaguebringer first, then buff scourge strike a bit, and then work on offensive/defensive cooldowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If you seriously think DKs need any of those buffs, I'm glad you don't work for Blizzard.
    If you don't play a Death Knight at high arena rating, get the hell out of this thread. You don't know what you're talking about and your opinion frankly doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    If you don't play a Death Knight at high arena rating, get the hell out of this thread. You don't know what you're talking about and your opinion frankly doesn't matter.
    If you didn't notice this is a forum and not an elitist place where elitist players share their elitist opinions.

If you must rage to anyone that doesn't share your same opinion and is not high arena rated then get the hell out of this thread.

Your welcome :P
    /me closing this thread ForFeastSake

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    If you didn't notice this is a forum and not an elitist place where elitist players share their elitist opinions.

If you must rage to anyone that doesn't share your same opinion and is not high arena rated then get the hell out of this thread.
    It's a Death Knight subforum. People who don't play Death Knights and come in here with misinformation like "dks are fine lol", are not helping the debate at all. Especially when it isn't much of a debate, but more of the general opinion of almost anyone who plays a Death Knight, and absolutely everyone who plays one at high rating, particularly arena as suvivability, or lack thereof, is most noticeable there.
    If people want to argue that Death Knights are indeed "fine" then they need to at least prove that they know what they are talking about. And since most of the time they don't, we don't need their garbage opinion in here.

Basically, if you disagree with Death Knights DPS needing a survivability buff in PvP, you need to prove you know what the hell you're talking about, and you need to say why you disagree. Otherwise there's not even a point to the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    It's a Death Knight subforum. People who don't play Death Knights and come in here with misinformation like "dks are fine lol", are not helping the debate at all. Especially when it isn't much of a debate, but more of the general opinion of almost anyone who plays a Death Knight, and absolutely everyone who plays one at high rating, particularly arena as suvivability, or lack thereof, is most noticeable there.
    If people want to argue that Death Knights are indeed "fine" then they need to at least prove that they know what they are talking about. And since most of the time they don't, we don't need their garbage opinion in here.

Basically, if you disagree with Death Knights DPS needing a survivability buff in PvP, you need to prove you know what the hell you're talking about, and you need to say why you disagree. Otherwise there's not even a point to the thread.
    That's what you had to say in the post I quoted before. Rage is for girls.

Last edited by Aran; 2012-11-22 at 03:19 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

10+ Year Old Account
    UH pet is weak that's for sure, buffing it armor/magic res would be awesome.
    Rune cost for DT is bad as it requires you to launch five coils to become active, taking a lot of time and resources to activate (may be make it cost 3 coils AND a rune?)
    Rune cost/gcd removal for Strang is very nice because now you have to use Blood Tap to silence someone in time.
    IBF's rune cost should be removed as well, being zerged by stealth teams, while your healer is cced, and u can't use your only physical damage mitigation CD is bad.
    lowskill Engrish

That's what you had to say in the post I quoted before. Rage is for girls.
    That wasn't rage. That was me trying to express my opinion in as few words as possible due to posting on my phone.

And I still stand by what I posted then. You don't play a DK seriously(in PVP), your opinion doesn't matter. The only exception would be an experienced PvPer who's played with and against DKs a fair bit.
    Last edited by Shahad; 2012-11-22 at 03:57 PM.

One of the definitions of a forum is a place for people to share their opinions.

And anyone who is good enough to get a dk to a decent rating right now is going to be more than familiar with the current problems the class has.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol dks they talent into that useless purgatory and then they wonder why they lack survivability.

Would be nice if Icy Pillar didn't have a rune cost...
    RETH

I like how AMS is neglected in this thread. I agree that in the Arena we are pretty much hard countered by any other plate DPS because our physical DR CD's are pretty awful (comparatively) but you have to pay the price somewhere. It wouldn't be so apparent if Avatar wasn't operating like an IWIN button atm....I don't even mind the DPS buffs it gives.....but 20 secs of being unkiteable.....I mean....for real?

I also agree that the Summon Ghoul CD needs some adjustment, 2 mins is really really harsh. People should be rewarded for killing it but you cripple UH DK's when it's down. Yes you have diseases and some sustained damage but you've just lost all your burst and control not to mention one of our only meaningful survival buttons in Death Pact. 30-60 second CD seems more appropriate.

Outside of these issues though I think we are fine.