Poll: Was the man correct to sue his wife?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    He married for looks, not love. Simple enough to me ergo hes a huge dick who just ruined a childs life. As for everyone saying she had surgey to make herself look better... BUT SHE DIDNT TELL HIM SO SHES AT FAULT. You make me laugh, really you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    He married for looks, not love. Simple enough to me ergo hes a huge dick who just ruined a childs life. As for everyone saying she had surgey to make herself look better... BUT SHE DIDNT TELL HIM SO SHES AT FAULT. You make me laugh, really you do.
    You really think it's ok for someone to spend a small fortune on plastic surgery and then not even mention "Oh hey, by the way I used to look completely fucking different"? You don't see why someone would be at ALL upset over that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    You really think it's ok for someone to spend a small fortune on plastic surgery and then not even mention "Oh hey, by the way I used to look completely fucking different"? You don't see why someone would be at ALL upset over that?
    Yes, I think it's fine because everyone is so focused on looks, so you're going to have a harder time in life if your unattractive, telling him what she looked like before completely defeats the purpose of getting the surgery in the first place. If someone who looked like her could get surgery and look like that, I don't see why looks matter anymore when EVERYONE can just go get surgery and look perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Lets just say as a drastic but still viable comparison that you fell in love with a reeeally beautiful woman or man, or that you're reeeally vain and only married for the looks, ok? Then later on you get a really ugly child, seriously ugly, sure to be bullied etc.
    Then you find out the woman/man you married used to look REALLY horrible as well, lets say huge dumbo-like-ears, huge nose, weird lips, non-symmetrical bonestructure in their face, crosseyed, you name it.

You wouldn't feel fooled, one bit?

People are different, some might feel this was just a bit unfair and dishonest, others might flip a *** like this man did here. It's all relative.

My own opinion; I wouldn't care and I don't see it as dishonest or at all important AS LONG AS you aren't talking about having children, when you are starting to think about offspring, then it does matter.

I can see the reasons behind both sides actions. I do think suing over it is a bit extreme though.

Deleted
    I dont see any problem with a (PRIVATE) surgey being done before hand, and her then meeting said dick of a man. Should i mention every surgery (i have had none thankfully) before i meet a prospective wife?
    I can see it now... Sitting on the couch watching a movie (please not twilight) oh hey honey, i forgot to tell you while dating but 10 years before i met you i had major surgey on my foot.

Im just simply amazed all you find at fault here is the women, while not the man leaving a child he deemed as ugly... Your a two faced son of a gun you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I dont see any problem with a (PRIVATE) surgey being done before hand, and her then meeting said dick of a man. Should i mention every surgery (i have had none thankfully) before i meet a prospective wife?
    I can see it now... Sitting on the couch watching a movie (please not twilight) oh hey honey, i forgot to tell you while dating but 10 years before i met you i had major surgey on my foot.

Im just simply amazed all you find at fault here is the women, while not the man leaving a child he deemed as ugly... Your a two faced son of a gun you know.
    Just because someone did something wrong doesn't mean that the other person is completely alleviated of any fault, and while I don't agree that the women did anything wrong, I can see why people who think she did do something wrong could find fault in her side as well.

Something.

LOL Manakin, you know she married him right? He doesn't seem like the nicest man in the world so she should have seen something like this coming lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    LOL Manakin, you know she married him right? He doesn't seem like the nicest man in the world so she should have seen something like this coming lol.
    Some people are deeply in love and cant see a person for what he/ she really is, This is the case.
    I can bet he was most likely an ass whilst being married, and was confirmed for being a dick after divorce.

I can understand the guy being upset not knowing about the drastic surgery she had done to change her looks, that is something you should never kept hidden from your spouse. However, to sue for an ugly baby?? Really? It takes 2 parents to make a child, and the half the genes are his as well.

Anyway, I find it interesting that there are no photos out there of him, only her. I'd be very interested to see just how special this guy apparently thinks he is.

Deleted
    All I'm gonna say is damn that is some amazing surgery results right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I just don't see why she should of had to tell him. The surgeries are done. And it's not like her face had an expiration date (besides your typical aging). If the man had specifically chose her for her looks, in order to make an attractive child- then I could agree with him being upset. But that wasn't the case here.

It's the same as someone who has a facelift or a nose job. Why would you NEED to tell the person your with if you had the surgery before they even met you. Your face or nose isn't going to go back to what it was before the surgery. It is what it is now.

Hiding, would be constantly wearing makeup. Surgery is permanent. You can't take it off. It's her permanent face now. It's not going to go back to what it was.
    Well half the reason you get married is to have offspring. No one wants an ugly baby. That's precisely what her genetics turned out though.

Are you kidding? Look at all the celebrities that people find so attractive. You think the majority of them looked like that naturally? Should they reveal their "true" selves (before their surgeries) to the people they meet and date?
    To people they meet? No. To people they marry and have children with? Yes.

I find it hilarious that your source is a website called first to know. But yet this story was covered here on MMO a few months ago..

OT: I'll say it again. I can sort of see his point, it's his right to be shallow and his wife lied about it, I think he's going a bit too far personally. But I also believe he is within his rights.

15+ Year Old Account
    My insides are laughing pretty hard, like seriously, wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you, but I didn't date/marry my husband because I thought we would make good-looking kids. Majority of parents don't care what their kids look like. They just want them to be healthy.
    Again though, she is very attractive but before she was not. If this baby is unattractive, why can't the baby (when older) get the same type of surgery that she did?

Something.

I don't know about you, but I didn't date/marry my husband because I thought we would make good-looking kids. Majority of parents don't care what their kids look like. They just want them to be healthy.
    Most parents want their children to be successful in life, this will (most likely) not happen if the child is extremely ugly.

Also, remember that China has a one-child policy.

I'm not saying you date or marry to have good looking kids. No one wants an ugly baby. It's not fair to this kid that she's been born to a dad who doesn't love her. But from the dad's point of view the kid should have never been born in the first place.

The Chinese do things differently. Do they still do the whole "abandon baby girls" thing over there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's China, what do you expect.
    I would be more inclined to go with, "So he was an asshole, what else would you expect?"

Though both bear some responsibility. Her for not being open about her past and him for being unrealistic with his expectations.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    when I saw the thread name I instantly thought "oh, america", but then I read the article and was like "oh, china"