Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I do hear that a lot. "Hey, female humans are fat lolz !" and "Wuuuut, female belfs are too thin !"

I think they're both fine and look pretty normal.

The issue is the people have their views of what is healthy or normal so warped that they see "fat" everywhere where is none in surplus. I wish we had more normal women around in fashion and less unhealthy skin jobs.
    Subjectivity my friend. For some people, belfies are the closest thing to normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really only found their thighs to be slightly to large, but over all they look good to give the game some variation to the NElf/BElf thinness and Dwarf chunkyness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Subjectivity my friend. For some people, belfies are the closest thing to normal.
    Those people are either living under starvation conditions, or have a body image disorder of some kind.

The human female model is a moderately slender fit normal. They aren't "muscular". They just aren't starving themselves. They don't have "thunder thighs", unless you're completely insane.

For comparison;

Allison Stokke, Internet-famous pole vaulter, side by side with a human female model from WoW;

Got it as close as I could for a quick comparison, height-wise.

The human model's thighs are LESS chunky than the real woman's, though longer, and her bust is bigger (though that may be in part due to the sports bra). Her shoulders are even more narrow.

The human model is slender. As any comparison to actual, healthy, fit women will show. It's even idealized a bit. If you think it's "chunky" or she has "thunder thighs", the problem lies with you.

Now, if you LIKE skinny women, fine. I'm not gonna tell you what you should like. But you need to be aware that your predilections are for "skinny", rather than trying to claim that "skinny" is normal. Because it ain't, and it's people like you that give 12 year olds complexes and get them started down the path of eating disorders.

/Why Allison Stokke? Because her picture made the rounds a while back so everyone's familiar with her, and because she's an athlete rather than someone who's trying to be slim
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-11-25 at 04:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal woman's thighs do not look like this. Tone, thin, muscular, chunky, doesn't matter. FemHumans definitely have some crazy thunder thighs. They go straight down, they don't go out 1/2 a foot.

I think a big problem on why they look so odd is just that they have a very short torso with pretty long appendages.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sip.[/SIZE]
    Thank you very much! THAT!

It's a shame when a good Female Human is fat.

Deleted
    Completely offtopic, but if i would respect one forum-user here, it would be Endus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the human female model the most... Blood elves are too skinny, night elves stand like they've got a metal pole for a spine, and draenei well... goat legs. All the other races are just... Ehhhhh...

Anyway, the only issue I have with the human female model is their blockiness. Hopefully that's fixed up in whenever they role out the new models.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Normal woman's thighs do not look like this. Tone, thin, muscular, chunky, doesn't matter. FemHumans definitely have some crazy thunder thighs. They go straight down, they don't go out 1/2 a foot.
    See the pic I posted right above yours. She's got a very similar curve to the thigh. It's not right bang-on exact, but this is WOW; we're not expecting anatomical perfection. The point is; it's dark close.

I think a big problem on why they look so odd is just that they have a very short torso with pretty long appendages.
    That's true. You can see in the same comparison that the length of a normal human torso+head is about the same as the length of the legs. On the human female, it's more like 2/5 torso/head, and 3/5 legs. That's the one oddity with proportions, though, and it just makes them leggier, it doesn't mean "thunder thighs".

That's true. You can see in the same comparison that the length of a normal human torso+head is about the same as the length of the legs. On the human female, it's more like 2/5 torso/head, and 3/5 legs. That's the one oddity with proportions, though, and it just makes them leggier, it doesn't mean "thunder thighs".
    If anything, it makes them more idealized. It's common for dolls or fashion design drawings, just art in general, I suppose, to depict women that are pretty much all leg. It's an idealized body shape that basically puts the torso and head of a much shorter woman on top of the ENDLESS LEGS that women destroy their joints in extra-extra high heels in order to appear to have.

Allison Stokke has crazy man legs. She's pretty, but still man legs (yes I know she's an Olympian and that's muscle).

Human females in wow are a tad too fat imo.

Fat is where it's at. If anything, the human females should be rounder.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. They're built fine--if anything, I'd like their arms to be a touch thicker to account for the fact that the female human PC kills stuff for a living, but that's a nitpick.

And you'll take my paladin's thunder thighs from her over my cold, dead body. Doubly so if I'm playing a Forsaken at the time.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Those people are either living under starvation conditions, or have a body image disorder of some kind.
    How can you say such a weird thing ? The concept of normality is very different depending on who is looking at what. There is no "right" universal body image of any kind. It's not even a question of liking curves or anything, it's just a matter of perception.

I also don't think that some very athletic woman is the best example of what a normal person should look like, because frankly, evolution and society pretty much made women look way thinner than what you're showing on that picture. So according to actual facts by looking at how humans mostly look nowadays, Allison Stokke is absolutely nowhere near that so-called normality. (Even if there's no such thing.)
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-11-25 at 03:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I think they're fine. Wouldn't change anything.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Female human looks like a normal, average woman. Which to me is perfect.

Hip width seems to indicate she's had children in the past.
    This, i play a female human, and i wouldn't change anything about her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also don't think that some very athletic woman is the best example of what a normal person should look like, because frankly, evolution and society pretty much made women look way thinner than what you're showing on that picture.
    Society, yes. And it's been amplified to an absurdly stupid degree, where we actually have to tell our children that what they see in movies and advertisements is NOT normal and NOT to be expected.

Evolution? I think not. Unless it's in the obese region, a well fed person would always have an evolutionary advantage to a skinny one because it can survive a bit longer w/o food. Fat = energy reserves of our body.

Please, to anyone who thinks that the Human Female models is fat, check this link https://www.google.gr/search?hl=el&s...MM6L4gTS9YDICg and compare it to the pictures above....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    Obviously too fat.

No self-respecting woman has a weight that could be described as anything other than "holocaust survivor-esque."
    you sir have won an internet