... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    2) O-Zone (Dragostea din tei).
    Yes, that was a horrible song, it was like our Gangam Style

For those curious:

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Haven't been there since the right after the fall of the iron curtain.
    I know the regions history though and it is very intriguing.
    We changed a lot since then, not all for the best unfortunately.

For some reason lots of cam girls seem to be from Romaina although I am not sure why ?
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-04-14 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes, that was a horrible song, it was like our Gangam Style

For those curious:

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 10:55 PM ----------

We changed a lot since then, not all for the best unfortunately.
    Hey now, I like Dragostea din tei. Also Despre tine.

I didn't realize those were Romanian. Strange, because unlike my Latin American co-workers, I can't understand the words hardly at all, even though I speak Spanish.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-04-14 at 08:04 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

What do I know of Romania? That AK-47's are fucking shit. Get Bulgarian, a real AK-47.

Deleted
    Snowraven isn't moldova in even a more messed up situation? Surely integrating them into Romania would worsen your economy?

47 Was created there. Then there is the vampire stories which often takes place in Romania. But nothing from the real world.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poor country, beggars, dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    What do I know of Romania? That AK-47's are fucking shit. Get Bulgarian, a real AK-47.
    Get them while you can. One of the last weapon factories is going to get closed down soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Siegenburgen, countless footballers and conquering well-fortified Wallachia in EUII as either Austria or the Ottomans. I know a lot more due to studying but those are the first things that come to mind DID YOU SAY DAN PETRESCU???
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I recommend you something about Romania during the summer, try Mamaia, best Black Sea resort and by that im not referring to great 5 star hotels and luxury conditions, not even nice waiters in bars and restaurants but what you will live here you probably will live in ibiza. Great clubs, house, minimal, dance, hip hop, every weekend there are over 100.000 people coming, clubs are full, beautiful girls are everywhere. Some of them are cheap ( girls) but you wont find this amount of beautiful girls anywhere else in the world and i`m honest. You can find lots of info`s over the internet. If you are intrested check it out ( just use youtube or whatever and search Mamaia parties or beach parties or clubs ). Also there are other resorts, one of them is called Costinesti, used to be teenagers resort for years. Cheaper accommodation but also a lot of fun. Clubs are not like in Mamaia but if you`re intrested to get drunk and to have sex on the beach during the night that`s the place I have some American friends that came here with the army, and they told me when we meet that they thought they landed in the middle of nowhere, but when they saw what is really going on here they stayed for 4 -5 months If you ever want to come you can pm me and i`ll give you more details about the little "Miami" (although in Miami you are not allowed to consume alcohol on the beach, well here you can

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Hey now, I like Dragostea din tei. Also Despre tine.

I didn't realize those were Romanian. Strange, because unlike my Latin American co-workers, I can't understand the words hardly at all, even though I speak Spanish.
    Well, everyone with their own taste in music

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Snowraven isn't moldova in even a more messed up situation? Surely integrating them into Romania would worsen your economy?
    It tehnically is, but as we're doing stuff now, we gave free passes for moldavians (compared to any other country in the world, it's easier for them to get passports to our country) and they're invading us in masses.

I honestly don't think uniting is the option now, in a way we're like East and West Germany... only we're both poor and corrupt just that they're a bit worse then us lol. Many people however do believe so, and I see politicians trying to push for this. on some aspects.

This is a fear of the EU why they didn't allow us in Schengen by the way, alongside corruption. They fear russians will just hop to Transnistria (it's a small part of the Republic of Moldova that wants autonomy and to unite with Russia), then hop into the actual Moldova, then hop to Romania and then in the EU. It is a founded fear, as some are already doing it.
    So, as I said, not sure if uniting with Moldova is best thing now, if anything, best thing now is to work on getting rid of corruption, and then grow a bit and only then worry about Moldova too. Plus, in the end, now it's their choice as well on what they want, and since they had more years of communism then us, some ideas that they're separate are fully in the head of some, so they feel as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Siegenburgen, countless footballers and conquering well-fortified Wallachia in EUII as either Austria or the Ottomans. I know a lot more due to studying but those are the first things that come to mind DID YOU SAY DAN PETRESCU???
    Yes, he's Romanian.

As for history stuff, Austro-Hungary, Russian Empire and the Ottomans had fights all over our country, think that all three empires met here.

Quote Originally Posted by adibandi View Post
    I recommend you something about Romania during the summer, try Mamaia, best Black Sea resort and by that im not referring to great 5 star hotels and luxury conditions, not even nice waiters in bars and restaurants but what you will live here you probably will live in ibiza. Great clubs, house, minimal, dance, hip hop, every weekend there are over 100.000 people coming, clubs are full, beautiful girls are everywhere. Some of them are cheap ( girls) but you wont find this amount of beautiful girls anywhere else in the world and i`m honest. You can find lots of info`s over the internet. If you are intrested check it out ( just use youtube or whatever and search Mamaia parties or beach parties or clubs ). Also there are other resorts, one of them is called Costinesti, used to be teenagers resort for years. Cheaper accommodation but also a lot of fun. Clubs are not like in Mamaia but if you`re intrested to get drunk and to have sex on the beach during the night that`s the place I have some American friends that came here with the army, and they told me when we meet that they thought they landed in the middle of nowhere, but when they saw what is really going on here they stayed for 4 -5 months If you ever want to come you can pm me and i`ll give you more details about the little "Miami" (although in Miami you are not allowed to consume alcohol on the beach, well here you can
    I am not so sure we should be making commercials for "cheap girls" and "sex on the beach"...
    For those of you that want to come here, prostitution is not legalized in Romania, so any hooker you find might have diseases easily as there's no check on them or anything. As for the other women, yes, they're nice, but if you want to come here only for that you might get surprises. Not good types of them.

As for sea, I wonder if they cleaned those seaweeds that came around every year, they stinked up the place. I haven't been to the sea for a few years.

Deleted
    Hot girls.
    Yeah.

Deleted
    All I have heard (and I dont trust this btw) is that when Romania becomes part of the EU that your citizens will be heading towards the UK by for free everything.
    Like I said, I Don't trust the reports only going off what they have said in the right wing media.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    For some reason lots of cam girls seem to be from Romaina although I am not sure why ?
    Because medium wage in Romania is around 400-500 euros/month (in Bucharest). Cam girls can earn in the thousands, from what I heard. Math wins. It's not a very orthodox method of making money, but who am I to judge? It's legal as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    All I have heard (and I dont trust this btw) is that when Romania becomes part of the EU that your citizens will be heading towards the UK by for free everything.
    Like I said, I Don't trust the reports only going off what they have said in the right wing media.
    You are still living in 2006?

Deleted
    I know in Romania, everything is cheap, you can find a (rather disgusting, but that's my opinion) alcohol made ouf of plants or something, I know a lot of gypsies (Rom) comes from there, are oftentimes good musicians and that Romanians do not like them that much.

Dracula

Corruption

The soccer team colored their har yellow/white during a euro cup/world cup, cant remember which

Deleted
    Being from Greece i feel ashamed that I know very little about our northern neighbours and not just the Romanians but all the heavy Slavic influenced countries.

I know you have some fine-ass women from watching TV but we also get a lot of your crime guys over here so it does't help with your reputation, also a lot of women that care for elderly and are often associated with taking advantage of the elderly persons state benefits etc.

I know you have some very nice sea resorts to your eastern borden with the Kaspian Sea and also are pretty cheap in comparison to how luxurious that place can be. Although it's cheap for tourists but not so much for locals. I don't think we have any disputes with Romania, we re in very good terms and people living in the north borders of Greece also cross over to Bulgaria and sometimes Romania and do business there or just buy some things that are harder/more expensive to get here.

I know you have a strong background of great athletes. Did i mention some really hot women coming for vacation to Greece? Probably...

I know you and Bulgarians don't like Albanians so much with the whole situation that was going on to the west of you with insurgents etc during the recent "war".

Romanian universities are also notorious in Greece for giving out diplomas that are largely bought without much studying. Not to say that their standard is worse of course, but many a doctor have gotten their license this way. I will also mention that the Unis don't act alone in this matter but they have almost always a Greek liaison who is letting you in on the "job" for a hefty amount of money... So it's not all you to blame!

Dracula! Seen many documentaries. Also the thing that surprises me a lot is how different your traditional settings are compared to ours. Being in the same "area" i would expect heavier influences to each other but it seems that isn't the case. I feel that we missed a lot by not being on the Renaissance/Enlightment train with us being stuck in Turkish rule for so long. You can see it plainly in our "poor-mans" architecture and the way smaller cities and villages are planned out. Your architecture has that northern air of Renaissance that I like to see.
    Last edited by mmoc006c2c15ef; 2013-04-15 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You are still living in 2006?
    woops, Getting Serbia and Romania mixed up.

I know generally the following about Romania, btw none of this is meant as a slight to the country:
    1) the Romanians i know speak at least 3 different languages
    2) the Romanian government is paid by businesses that operate in Romania and then the Romanian Government pays its citizens based on the work they do
    3) Romania has nationalized healthcare
    4) Romanians are given a food subsidy along with their pay checks
    5) The Romanians i have met are either really nice or beggers (was in Paris with some Romanians and they were explaining to me about the Romanian beggers who are in the city)
    6) Romanians like a lot of US movies, was able to hold conversations with them about popular US movies
    7) I will be meeting another Romanian in about an hour

The company I work for has another part of our company in Romania so we occasionally get to meet Romanians in person.

And when visiting Romania they ask questions regarding if you are married or have kids, apparently they are apprehensive of single people going over there because they think that you might ant to stay in the country. We have had this come up with several of our managers that were trying to go over for business purposes.
    Last edited by Legevia; 2013-04-15 at 12:16 PM.