Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We use DKP and are in the same situation as you are. Small guild and everyone knows everyone well, a lot in real life. I know people have said do a need before greed or simply be friends and decide who needs gear, but I feel it would be better to get a system in place now and stick with it. Down the road one or two of them may not raid and you may end up getting a few new people in the guild. With a system in place, and again we use DKP in our 10m, you can tell recruits up front the system and they'll know where they stand.

We also hold our DKP system all the way through a expansion and then reset when a new one comes out. This is something that is up for debate, however. You may want to consider a DKP reset every tier so the people don't hoard it before another tier comes out and pass on upgrades.

10 mans we used /roll with a loot council veto. basically it was /roll unless we noticed someone who hadnt gotten much loot lately kept losing the rolls then we would loot council it to him. worked fine. had a few complaints now and then but the rest of the raid group put them in line when loot whored too much.

DKP isn't necessary at all. Pure loot council can cause drama/headaches. Suicide Kings... Lol, just no.

Use EPGP, with occasional loot council. Fair, transparent, easy to understand. Only use loot council on the important stuff, e.g. weapons and tier tokens. Or don't, and just leave it entirely to EPGP. Up to you.

At any rate, EPGP is basically the best loot system I've ever known/used.

Deleted
    My guild uses EPGP, so much easier to maintain and organise than DKP, kind of like fire and forget

get EPGP - DKPreloaded
    and EPGP - Lootmaster

and you're set.

If you 10 are all real life friends just use roll and say mainspec before offspec and if you won something already, pass for next. That way everyone will get something, but youd need some common sense with this one and all of your group must be carying their own weight, else someone that isnt pulling its weight will get upgrades instead of someone that is pulling a whole group.

I would just use need/greed with a 10 man guild full of friends. Another one I am a fan of is loot council but I don't think your guild needs that, it's purely for progression raiding.

Never heard of Suicide Kings before. Sounds good for a more casual guild. It's more fair than just need/greed.

I wouldn't go for DKP. It's so much hassle and can be unfair if your rules are not good enough. In my guild we use bidding, works just fine. I don't really care when I get loot because it's a team effort. As long as the loot is used properly I am all good. And everyone gets their loot at some point anyway.

It just depends. If you think you don't need any rules and everyone puts in their effort then you can just use need/greed or SK. But I have been in guilds where people wouldn't come to progression raids but only to farm raids. They were skipping all the wipes basically and then looted everything while we were farming since they were so high in the DKP list. That's when you want very good rules.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-11-26 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    Hello fellow Guild leaders, loot distributers or just guild members.

9 IRLS and myself have started a raiding guild, and we are discussing what loot system we should be using.

We came down to the 2 possible systems
    DKP
    Suicide Kings

So, how are you guys distributing the loot? DKP or SK, and what tweaks have you made to make it more fair/better?

Any ideas? Please help me out!
    In a ten man it really doesn't matter. You're probably fine with a /roll system, with a don't be a loot whore clause. There are only going to be a couple of users for most items anyway.

But in a 25 man, I've found SK to be the fairest. DKP can lead to hoarding, and EPGP also to a certain extent. With SK, when you win an item, you go to the bottom of the list, which doesn't have many problems.

Deleted
    i go against what most people say then.

As you are friends i would recomend dkp, second Suicide kings.
    Why?
    Becuse when it comes to loot and purple pixels people seem to utterly loose their minds... and the potential for drama is huge.
    You do not want to loose friends over some crap that drops
    So to minimize all the chance for drama i say DKP is best and SK is second.

You could use and addon called QDKP, it makes dealing with DKP very easy.

Suicide Kings is fucking devilspawn. Whatever you do end up choosing, SK should not be it.

Deleted
    My guild has a bunch of players, who at some point, have all played together between vanilla and now. We didn't bother implementing any loot system, the fact we are all experienced players and all knew each other we felt it was better just to let the individual players decide if they actually needed an item over another person. As long as everyone pulls their weight i'd recommend the same for yourself.

Loot systems for such small numbers aren't worth the effort you put in. As long as your friends have the most uncommon of traits "common sense" you won't need one.
    Last edited by mmoc5247e124b4; 2012-11-26 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    A combination of /roll and common courtesy is what my guild uses. If you're all actually friends, this should do fine.
    Same system here. by far the best in my oppinion.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild just rolls. with the common sense rule, that say you are one of two plate wearers.. if you win something, you pass on the next drop if the other person can use it. then it goes back to rolls. obviously people might trade if they decide they both like the other item more and are willing to.

In a 10 person raid filled with friends there is no reason to mess with a loot system beyond /roll main/off spec. Beyond that the only thing we do is have ppl pass if they have gotten something that day and the other person or ppl rolling haven't.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

We do biggest main-spec upgrade, followed by /roll if it's an equal upgrade for multiple people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Same system here. by far the best in my oppinion.
    Same for us. Although our trials unfortunately get to roll, when none of the raider wants it. But no one has problem giving their gear away, passing to someone else who needs it more etc. We are not all friends as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    My guild uses EPGP, so much easier to maintain and organise than DKP, kind of like fire and forget

get EPGP - DKPreloaded
    and EPGP - Lootmaster

and you're set.
    This exactly. No drama, no nothing, it accounts for everything. Numbers can support decisions. Also it should work for you guys since you are friends, cause you will be using common sense and courtesy, plus epgp will bring about a sense of justice and transparency.

10+ Year Old Account
    epgp?
    /10chars
    (what my guild uses lol... didn't see this previous post)
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Common sense/courtesy is the system we are using for our 10 man. And in most cases the one that needs the upgrade the most will get the item, it's really that simple for a 10 man.

When I was raid leading a ten man I left group loot up and had a don't be a dick rule. The only exception was BOE's would not be rolled on off-spec until everyone had their crafted. These got sold for raid funding. After we farmed enough everyone had crafted we would also have enough money to let people os and greed roll them.

In my current group I am just a raider and our lead uses a MS > OS degrading priority. if cloth pants drop and we have me and a mage in the raid. If I win great. Next item the mage and I can both roll on mage auto wins over me. I can still roll but if the mage decides to roll my roll doesn't matter. Once the mage and I both win loot we are on equal footing again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My old guild which was made up of just friends would do it simple rolls on items that are needed;

The only time we will go against the rolls is if say 'tank a' has got the majority of his gear and 'tank b' has not got any loot gear then 'tank a' will happily let 'tank b' get a few items so that his stat's can be kept up and he doesn't fall behind

BUT this is may be easier to do between RL friends than game friends i dunno

Either way using that method we manage to clear all off 'Wrath & Cata' about 1-2 month after the top guilds