Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because 9 times out of 10 it's to flex e-peen, not for any really good reason.
    I don't disagree that is what it is for a lot of people. I think there is some nostalgia there though. Not just "it was harder back then! you cata babies don't know how good you have it" nostalgia. Like really memorable things for me are how hard it was to get your epic mount at 60, or grinding AV rep to get the unstoppable force, telling people to "thottbot" if they asked questions in barrens chat, running scholo over and over again. Nothing "hard" or "epeen". It was just a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    I don't disagree that is what it is for a lot of people. I think there is some nostalgia there though. Not just "it was harder back then! you cata babies don't know how good you have it" nostalgia. Like really memorable things for me are how hard it was to get your epic mount at 60, or grinding AV rep to get the unstoppable force, telling people to "thottbot" if they asked questions in barrens chat, running scholo over and over again. Nothing "hard" or "epeen". It was just a different game.
    UGH thottbot.-_-

All of my cries.

I love you, Wowhead. Thank you for existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have the Knight-Lieutenant rank from Vanillla

Because 9 times out of 10 it's to flex e-peen, not for any really good reason.
    Hopefully I'm the 1 out of 10 then

But I do admit it's not for any reason either....just musings that I'm hoping the helpful WoW community can helpfully help with in a helpful manner

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 04:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    UGH thottbot.-_-

All of my cries.

Hey...Thottbot was like a first girlfriend - don't you go hassling Thottbot

But yeah....Love you Wowhead

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    thottbot or allakhazam. Good ol days, kind of.

Yes the Old School Ride achievement would prove it I suppose (but isn't that rare even if you DID play in Vanilla?). Dunno why you'd feel the need to prove it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Mini diablo
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    zergling .
    I have these and I started in Wrath. I bought them during Cataclysm in fact...

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 05:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They were world bosses in vanilla ... Taerar etc. Very very few people, even of Vanilla players, remember them until you bring it up or explain lol.
    Removed in Cataclysm, I remember trying to solo them in Wrath and getting murdered by that damn perma-sleep lol.

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    All that PLUS Exalted with the Hydraxian Waterlords, and if you played Vanilla you know that was hard to pull off
    Still possible. I did it in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    When did they stop dropping? I'd totally forgotten about them - I remember you could get upgrade books from AQ when BC was around...is that what you're meaning?
    They went grey in Cataclysm I believe. You get piles of them if you solo AQ.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 05:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    When did they remove the warlock mount quests btw?
    Cataclysm. Well, technically the patch just before Cata. Same with the Paladin ones - they were removed as part of the revamp. Sadly... I never got mine. Why did I leave leveling my Paladin, Warlock and Druid until last?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

If you care about telling how old a character is.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/36335446

Oldest guy I have left on my account, don't ask me why I deleted stuff when I was younger, I was stupid.

As for other stuff, only a few things like ash,asteish, the old epic mounts (tauren is only one i can think of), FoS PvP titles, think that is about it anymore.
    But here's the problem:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/74958705

That is my first Horde toon and my first main (very first was a dwarf paladin, but when I made Shaga I decided I preferred Horde.) However I did not make him on Feb 4, 2008. I made him much longer before that. Feb 4 would be when I joined Jane N Finch and transferred to Ghostlands. Warcraft Realms does not have any data prior.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    UGH thottbot.-_-

All of my cries.

haha, almost forgot about good old thottbot.
    great times..jk

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a completely new account, yet I was a beta/vanilla player. Old account was hacked back after 4.2 I guess? Everything was changed. No idea how to get it back since names don't match and emails don't match. Ended up doing RAF with my younger brother because I'm nice.

Also, thottbot gives WoWhead links right now haha. I just thought that would be funny to add here.

I remember questing pretty much ending at Silithis and having to grind to 60...

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/8942824

I guess that was my huntard? I can't remember my Shaman.

Made a boomkin on my new account named Sedarfish! Bringin' it back!
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-11-26 at 06:00 AM.

Since people can buy accounts there is no actual proof.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In game I cant, out I can however, have beta screenshots/vanilla screenshots, also account name (before using emails) is my first name and I have a very odd name.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I was just about to post this too, but someone beat me to it... Pulling up your account history

No way to prove it, items feats of strength all that stuff just means somebody once played that account then nothing more. I have pvp titles and t3 on my toons they didnt play then. More over it matter little if not at all if ppl did or didn't play then. Sure many will say ppl from then are better players but some of the worst players I know are the vanilla left overs. Almost all rest on the fact they have played a long time and are just aweful. All they do is talk about things the did and do nothing now. They are the WoW version of ppl that still talk about the 4 touchdown game against Polk High School. Time to move on.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    No way to prove it.
    I disagree. I looked through my FoS's and the only definitive FoS I could find, besides my pvp rank titles, was my "Old School Ride" FoS.

Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    Exactly. I've seen a few players who boast themselves with having "experience since Vanilla" and they lack skill, effort or fail too much. Or they aren't even up to date with their class mechanics anymore.
    Your skill now is what matters, not your past.

How about Tabard of the Protector? I think I have Legionnaire, too.

If you have the Talisman of Binding Shard... oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you even care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It was definitely true, you just must not have deranked fast enough to lose the title (Knight was rank 5 if I remember right, so not so high as to be competitive where you could lose it easily). Ask anyone who had a higher title but lost it before the new pvp system was implemented. It's not just the highest rank you ever earned.
    Actually it was. The highest rank I ever earned was Blood Guard, I wasn't a blood guard when 2.0 came around and that's the FoS/title I got. Do you think that there were that many people who kept rank 14 when it rolled around? No, because it was nearly impossible and once people had their gear they stopped grinding so much, but yes they got to keep their titles after 2.0. That's exactly how it worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    umm date the account created would be obvious
    what about those who wrongfully got banned and had to start a new acc.? (hacked)