Thread: Warrior 5.1 =(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    7) Hamstring
    I see your Hamstring and raise you Disable.

It's the same thing as Hamstring. Except it auto refreshes if the Monks stays within 10 yards, and pressing it again roots the target. Yes, it alone has the functionality of Hamstring + talenting for Straggering Shout, with an auto refresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AboikoS View Post
    Seriously read your post again and look how stupid he is. You listed almost half of all abilities that warrior have. Ofc. all of them give some of the utility. I can tell and list you a much more and much better usefull abilities that specifited classes have. You need to list a unique ability that provides a big utility. Before it was gag order and Shockwave, now it is only shockwave. And about gag order...im not saying that removing it was a bad idea. No, it was in some cases good enough to nerf warriors and their control but it happened too hard. People say about it "we need something to compensate these nerfs". And it is clear - We need more damage, more sustained damage to our targets :].

Warrior got high uptime? Ok, high but if you look on other classes, basically all melee got high uptime on their targets maybe and ONLY except Dk's, but imagine Dk's with their damage and also with high uptime...just a massacre. Warrior's uptime without dispeller is probably same as Dk's uptime. With such huge amount of CC it isnt hard for comps like PMR and MLS to keep a warrior on roots and healer on any of the lost-control CC's.

If you still think that warrior's sustained damage is good enough - make a warrior, lvl him to 90. And look what "dps" you can make on for example, holy paladin and compare it to other classes. I can answer you now - only rogue will have worse dps.
    I gave you an example with dps but you can also try to kill him or any healer which will use some of the CC on you :]. Even without kiting it is impossible. And please, try to not use silences from Gag Order becouse they will not longer be in future. (im not sure if they are still on live but dont blame me if im wrong, i didnt play around 1 or 2 months since i end the game on this "worst expansion").
    You said there goes all of Warrior utility. I listed a bunch of Warrior utility spells. Sure Gag Order was huge but removing it wasn't game breaking for Warriors and you do still have plenty of utility. Mass Spell Reflect for a burst attempt, spell reflect a cyclone, charge stun to interrupt a cast, shockwave to fuck entire teams, disarm a DK during Pillar of Frost, Shattering Throw a bubble or Ice Block, Intervene a killing blow, Skull Banner a kill attempt, etc. Yes Warriors lost some utility with Gag Order, but it hardly made them useless and Gag Order wasn't your only utility.

You also don't really need more sustained damage. I was doing 3s last night and a Warrior without CD's up crit me for 40k Heroic Strike, 40k Overpower, 35k Colossus Smash in 2 GCDs. That's 115k damage that I can't prevent. On my Warlock, I need at least 2 seconds of interruptable casting to get an 80k Chaos Bolt (without CD's) off and as Demo my damage is laughable without CD's. The only melee that has better sustained damage than Warriors is DK's and they are arguably OP with their current damage.

I also agree that CC is out of control right now, but that affects every class the same way it does Warriors. If a MLS can keep you CC'ed for half the game they can do the same thing to every other class. Warriors have better tools to get back on target than DK's, Enhance Shamans, Ret Paladins and Rogues. Ferals are impossible to kite right now, but you're ahead of every other melee. And yes, I do think that Warrior sustained damage is good enough. If you want more sustained you would definitely have to give up your burst and good luck getting that through. (Not that sustained damage is worth a shit right now since good healers don't go OOM in 3s and burst is the name of the game).

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    I see your Hamstring and raise you Disable.

It's the same thing as Hamstring. Except it auto refreshes if the Monks stays within 10 yards, and pressing it again roots the target. Yes, it alone has the functionality of Hamstring + talenting for Straggering Shout, with an auto refresh.
    The arguably worst melee class for PvP right now has one thing that's better than one very minor ability in your toolkit. Big deal. They have an interrupt/blanket silence with a facing requirement for the silence, a paralysis that you need to be in melee range for and breaks on ANY damage, a very slightly better Disarm than Warriors, and well that's it. I don't care how minor of a utility Hamstring is in your toolkit, fact is Warriors have a very extensive toolkit for a variety of situations, on top of superior mobility, insane burst and great survivability.