Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So.... he was afraid of being attacked by people still upstairs... so he went to her, dragged her across the floor (probably no easy task for his age), thus removing his ability to defend himself should someone else come downstairs, and then shot her in the new position? Your argument would be far more feasible if he had delivered a finishing blow on the spot.
    It's not that hard to drag a person across a floor even at 64 but that's a side point , ihe was under duress he obviously wasn't thinking at capacity and while I do agree it's not the most feasible but it's plausible and since most people on this board (myself included) can't theorycraft the situation it's hard to say what lead to the resulting actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    You have a good point since no humans were ever violently killed until the invention of the gun. Criminals are decent folk trying to make a living, and only have your best interests at heart.
    Why would a thief kill? It serves no purpose. So again, maybe if people like you thought with their heads instead of their guns America would have a better reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    Why would a thief kill? It serves no purpose. So again, maybe if people like you thought with their heads instead of their guns America would have a better reputation.
    I'm agreeing with you. No one has ever been killed or raped by a thief so why harm them?

If someone came into my home, i would expect that they are burglars, i wouldn't attack them because I am smart enough to know that they are probably only after valuables, i would call the police and then wait for them to arrive, if they saw me and tried to attack i would probably run, but since they wouldnt have a gun, because i live in a civilized country that doesn't sell guns in supermarkets i would probably not be in much real danger.
    I couldn't help but chuckle at your naivety, they don't sell guns in supermarkets here either, it's actually quite a process to get one legally, just as in your country.

And like in your country, criminals will get guns either way, and will have them. Have fun trying to outrun bullets in that `10 minutes it takes the cops to get there. I'll be standing over numerous dead home invaders while I wait for the police and I won't feel a bit bad about it.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Sigh. 609.065 applies to 609.06.

609.06 AUTHORIZED USE OF FORCE.
    Except as otherwise provided in subdivision 2, reasonable force may be used upon or toward the person of another without the other's consent when the following circumstances exist or the actor reasonably believes them to exist:
    (3) when used by any person in resisting or aiding another to resist an offense against the person

Yeah where I came from we refer to our police as "any person" too.

The point being is you are fucking wrong, both in your understanding and the application of the law.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    And you are a psychopath and I am not glad you are.

Sure robbing is retarded, but you don't have to be killed if you do something retarded.

We all would have died 5000000 times if we had.
    And the world would be a better place.

Deleted
    if the article is correct and the man said he shoot them even when they were wounded by gunwounds and said he wanted them dead then hes just as good as a murderer i dont see a problem shooting strangers in your house to ensure your safety specialy if you have a family. Strangers could be raptist murderers child kidnappers and not just robbers you just dont take chances when threatened in your own home.

I'm agreeing with you. No one has ever been killed or raped by a thief so why harm them?
    I'm sure the 64 your old gun wielding male was simply mortified at the thought of being raped by the 17 year old, unarmed thief.

Because when they rape or kill they call them rapists or murderers.... Common sense.

You have no idea how many thieves ended up killing someone in the heat of the moment to avoid getting caught, because at that point they became murderers. If they don't want to get shot in the face, they shouldn't be trying to break into places they are not welcome.

The punishment fits the crime.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    It must be nice to know that the person breaking into your home is a thief. Not everyone committing home invasion is just looking for valuables, and even if they are, most are willing to do anything necessary to get what they want, including taking your life.

You are a bad person because you are glad that people have died. I would be glad if the crime was avoided. That is where we are different. I'm not saying that violence shouldn't be used in a necessary situation, but actively seeking blood, like you do, and like the guy in the article, is a sign of a lack of humanity.
    Yes, the guy in the article was SEEKING BLOOD.... he was seeking it so much he asked them to break into his home... he asked her to come down to the basement...

In some countries they kill you for being gay... why don't i ever hear from you people about them?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can only use force to stop a threat. Once that threat is stopped, you have to stop. Therefore, in this case, the murder charge is justified. He needs to be a better shot. Also, waiting a day before calling the police was a bad idea, a really bad idea. You need to call the police immediately.

There's nothing wrong with shooting to kill; you should always shoot to kill as your primary goal is to stop the threat. But once you stop that threat you need to stop. Walking up to the body and putting one through the head as a kill shot is not reasonable.

Also, what kind of fucking losers are these teens, and how appalling is the defense of them? "Oh they were great people. Well liked. This is horrible." Next breath: "She had a drug problem. They were involved in other burglaries."

IMO, they got what was coming to them for breaking into that house. I just wish the homeowner had been a better shot so that he didn't feel compelled to do what he did. Put five in their chest the first time and you won't have this problem. By the way, how stupid was that girl to go down the stairs after her cousin and hearing gunshots? Idiot.

I'm sure the 64 your old gun wielding male was simply mortified at the thought of being raped by the 17 year old, unarmed thief.
    I thought we were talking about thieves in general. This 64 year old man is a bad person for becoming protective of his home even after two previous break ins. What right does he think he has for safety and security?

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    if the article is correct and the man said he shoot them even when they were wounded by gunwounds and said he wanted them dead then hes just as good as a murderer i dont see a problem shooting strangers in your house to ensure your safety specialy if you have a family. Strangers could be raptist murderers child kidnappers and not just robbers you just dont take chances when threatened in your own home.
    If the murderer's victims practically volunteered themselves and broke into said killers house knowing that said act was a repercussion.. Sure. He could be called a murderer.

If someone came into my home, i would expect that they are burglars, i wouldn't attack them because I am smart enough to know that they are probably only after valuables, i would call the police and then wait for them to arrive, if they saw me and tried to attack i would probably run, but since they wouldnt have a gun, because i live in a civilized country that doesn't sell guns in supermarkets i would probably not be in much real danger.
    You are wrong. If I came into your house to rob you, gun or not and you encounter me you are in danger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I couldn't help but chuckle at your naivety, they don't sell guns in supermarkets here either, it's actually quite a process to get one legally, just as in your country.

And like in your country, criminals will get guns either way, and will have them. Have fun trying to outrun bullets in that `10 minutes it takes the cops to get there. I'll be standing over numerous dead home invaders while I wait for the police and I won't feel a bit bad about it.
    I like you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    And the world would be a better place.
    The world wouldn't have any humans on it anymore. Which is what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post

Where I live, the only people with guns are; Cops, farmers, and bikie gangs. The bikers only really kill each other. Common burglars don't carry weapons because they are such a pain to get, and because they aren't aiming to kill. There is no argument that an unarmed population is less dangerous than an armed one. Also, if it was as difficult to get guns in the US why would there be so many articles like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah people like you shouldn't be on a jury, because the judge would give you an outline and rules for weighing the evidence, and my guess is you would ignore them, unlike most and go with your own gut feeling, and put a 64 year old man in prison to make yourself feel better.
    so, a person is laying on the floor bleeding from several chest wounds and it's ok to put a gun under their chin and blow their brains out? how in the world is that self defense? how is that person still committing a felony that you must stop? i actually support castle laws, if anybody here is ignoring facts and law here it is you

I thought we were talking about thieves in general. This 64 year old man is a bad person for becoming protective of his home even after two previous break ins. What right does he think he has for safety and security?
    So basically he had had enough, he decided to take the law into his own hands and end his issue. ' MERICA SYLE