Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkin View Post
    Where I live, the only people with guns are; Cops, farmers, and bikie gangs. The bikers only really kill each other. Common burglars don't carry weapons because they are such a pain to get, and because they aren't aiming to kill. There is no argument that an unarmed population is less dangerous than an armed one. Also, if it was as difficult to get guns in the US why would there be so many articles like this one.
    I agree with the unarmed population, but unfortunately this is the real world, not the internet. There are a lot of bad people out there and I draw the line at my front door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Given what was presented in the article, and of course if the factual evidence is different the results would change as well, he very clearly committed second degree murder of the girl (not the boy). In certain states, it can even be interpreted as first degree murder as he physically positioned her in the place she was executed at. Each state defines the rational time needed for it to be premeditated differently.
    I'll go as far as to say different tribunals will give a different interpretation of premeditation, it's very subjective in common law systems, there's no unified code, criminal law is codified yes but too many definitions/aspects are left to case law. In my opinion precedents in criminal law only add innecessary legal insecurity.

Given the circumstances the prosecution will have a very hard time succeeding on second degree charges. With the information we have: old man in his house, two young drug addicted intruders, a history of previous burglaries, provocations from the girl, i wouldn't like to be on the prosecutors side. And absolutely no first degree murder, this is not the pharmacy case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biased, biased, biased biased. Anyone who thinks the man deserves death is stupid. You break into someone's home, you better damn well know what country your in. America allows citizens to hold guns for this very reason, defense. I don't think the arrogant people defending the kids in this thread have ever been in a situation like this one. It's late, you can't tell who's breaking into your house, you hear a window break. Your adrenaline rushes and all you want is to be safe. He instantly shoots the first person he sees which is reasonable... I'm sorry he isn't a trained officer with guns and knows how to properly subdue someone... it's his god damn house and people broke in. I can't even believe people are siding with the stupid kids... they deserved to die, especially if you want to remain a kid and not control your substance addiction. Stupid kids.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    The world wouldn't have any humans on it anymore. Which is what you want?
    So you are now saying EVERY human is a criminal that would break into homes and commit very offensive crimes.

MMmmmk. Do me a favor, go steal a Snickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    Yes, the guy in the article was SEEKING BLOOD.... he was seeking it so much he asked them to break into his home... he asked her to come down to the basement...

In some countries they kill you for being gay... why don't i ever hear from you people about them?
    Because no one 'civilized' argues on the side of killing people for their sexuality?

But I am humane.
    That's fair, but you never know just how you'll react until you're physically in such a situation. I'd like to think I'd be humane and shoot someone in the arm/leg, but that's harder to hit than the torso and I might be panicked. I think it's totally reasonable to allow someone to shoot whatever they manage to hit when they're defending themselves.

If someone were in total control and manages head shots under stress, well with great power comes great responsibility and they should look to their morality, but for the sake of everyone else being able to defend themselves, I'd say that's ok.

The world wouldn't have any humans on it anymore. Which is what you want?
    I would totally take a world with out humans pretty sure the rest of thing that share the earth with us would throw a party.

So basically he had had enough, he decided to take the law into his own hands and end his issue. ' MERICA SYLE
    People do crazy things under extreme duress. The law failed to protect this man twice previously.

I'm sure the 64 your old gun wielding male was simply mortified at the thought of being raped by the 17 year old, unarmed thief.
    Kidding? When I was 17 I could smash in a 64 year old face easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    I am very sad that these 2 good looking kids are dead. That being said, at age 36 I can already tell I am getting weaker. I'm not the same me, not sure if I still have the same ability to protect myself. I couldn't even imagine age 64, probably could barely move, if he has precriptions to steal he probably has pain too.
    lol. finally a post that made me laugh..
    Okay. I got a few days on my back. I'm a lot closer to 64 than I am to 36.. And I can assure you that it isn't that bad lol
    Granted. I am not in the shape I had when I was 25 - 35. But that has not much to do with my age. I simply don't go for soccer practice anymore twice a week and have a game at the weekend, like I did back then. I have no weight problems. no beer belly. I don't need to do workouts to keep my shape.
    And despite the lack of exercise I am still pretty fast running for short distances. I might feel like I need to pick up my lungs from the ground again afterwards, but that's again just the lack of exercise, and not the age.
    The guys I am working with, and so are most friends I have (naturally, when you get older, your friends getting older too lol) all are in the range of mid 40s to mid 60s. And not a single one amongst them feels or acts like they need help to cross the streets.
    They are all very much the same people they've ever been.
    Granted, there's things we don't do anymore now. But that's rather because it grew old on us.
    I don't need to get outdoors for a week camping in a tent anymore, for example. Hell I love me my cozy bed just too much now.
    Everything we don't do anymore is a "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" issue and not an age issue.

Deleted
    Let's stop with the nation bashing and the personal attacks. Be civil or don't post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    People do crazy things under extreme duress. The law failed to protect this man twice previously.
    It isn't really duress though is it, nope.

Where I live, the only people with guns are; Cops, farmers, and bikie gangs. The bikers only really kill each other. Common burglars don't carry weapons because they are such a pain to get, and because they aren't aiming to kill. There is no argument that an unarmed population is less dangerous than an armed one. Also, if it was as difficult to get guns in the US why would there be so many articles like this one.
    The difficulty of getting a weapon in the US varies from state to state. In some states it takes years to get a handgun, but walk into a Walmart and you can buy a shotgun. in other states there are almost no laws against owning a weapon. The fact of the matter, is that it's our legal right to own a weapon and has been since our country started. At this point, there is NO point in making owning a weapon illegal as that law would only affect law abiding citizens. So welcome to the present where everyone has a weapon, good a bad.

you can say all the "what if's" and "if only's" or "you should's", but it won't change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the defending your land/home bit, maybe even grazing them but killing them is too far, atleast for a something like this. If it was worse, I wouldn't care if they had died. But this is a bit extreme, and again what they did can be seen as a threat on personal safety.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Damn shame. There should be a law against killing hot chicks before we got to nail them.

But on a serious note:
    Thing is, you won't know exactly what you'll do until you're actually in his shoes. On this forum it is easy to brag on how ruthless you may be but in reality more than half would simply shit their pants and cower in a corner. Forums are filled with ego's and lies, most people on them are guilty of both.

Kidding? When I was 17 I could smash in a 64 year old face easily.
    I think some people are underestimating the abilities of a 64 year old, he isn't bed ridden or incapacitated, and how about I edit my statement; "a 17 year old girl that had been shot". Could you pose any danger against an armed man, if you were an unarmed, mortally wounded 17 year old girl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    If the murderer's victims practically volunteered themselves and broke into said killers house knowing that said act was a repercussion.. Sure. He could be called a murderer.
    iam saying if he shoot once or twice to protect himself and the they would die before ambulance comes fine there fault but this guy is explained like this.

When the teenager tumbled down the stars, Smith shot him in the face as he lay on the floor, looking up.

'I want him dead,' the complaint quoted Smith as telling an investigator.

He then shot her several times in the chest with a .22-caliber revolver, dragged her next to her cousin, and with as she gasped for air, fired a shot under her chin 'up into the cranium'.

Smith described it as "a good clean finishing shot",

this sounds like a murderer to me and not a sane person.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    I have nothing against this, he in fact did the world a favor and removed some robbers from the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthedruid View Post
    Anyone who breaks into someones home should expect lethal force to be used.

He didn't need to kill them, but I'm glad he did.

Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    I'm saying he is not a murderer, and the law is on my side mate. Legally speaking. Morally i don't give a damn, I'm happy there's two less robbers in the world.
    I am very sad that these 2 good looking kids are dead. That being said, at age 36 I can already tell I am getting weaker. I'm not the same me, not sure if I still have the same ability to protect myself. I couldn't even imagine age 64, probably could barely move, if he has precriptions to steal he probably has pain too.

Damn right I would have killed them if I could.
    You're just lazy. If you keep fit you have no problems like that at that age. I'm 32, and while i'm getting a bit slower in terms of reactions, i'm only getting stronger. Worlds strongerst men are in the middle of the 40ies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthedruid View Post
    I'm a bad person because I think criminals deserve to die so that innocent people can live safe and happy lives?

I've never committed a crime in my entire life. But if someone breaks into my home you can be damn sure I'll kill them. I'm not risking my life to go easy on someone who is a threat to me and my family. Not to mention that if I let them live they are threats to everyone else as well.

You're probably not older than 8 not to have done any crime.
    Never stolen an apple from a tree that wasn't yours,
    Never taken cookies/candy from your parents,
    Never smoked/drinked before legal age,
    not walked/biked over for red, endangering the trafic,
    too young to drive a car or the like to ever have surpassed legal speed.

All of these things are potentially dangerous to other people(except the apple, that is just theft but that is clearly enough to be killed).
    With your logic each and every of these crimes should be punished by instant death.
    I mean. Driving too fast, can kill innocent people.

None of you narrowminded people would be alive if your own rules applied to yourself, but knowing your kind, the rules only apply when it's convinient for you.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    The difficulty of getting a weapon in the US varies from state to state. In some states it takes years to get a handgun, but walk into a Walmart and you can buy a shotgun. in other states there are almost no laws against owning a weapon. The fact of the matter, is that it's our legal right to own a weapon and has been since our country started. At this point, there is NO point in making owning a weapon illegal as that law would only affect law abiding citizens. So welcome to the present where everyone has a weapon, good a bad.

you can say all the "what if's" and "if only's" or "you should's", but it won't change anything.
    So basically your argument is that because only some people obey the law, why bother making legal reforms?

It isn't really duress though is it, nope.

Actually if you kill someone because you believe they will harm you that is the definition of duress Duress: Threats, violence, constraints, or other action brought to bear on someone to do something against their will or better judgment. . On a given day he wouldn't kill anyone (in fact he took care of his sick mother and volunteered at the boy scouts if the reports are accurate) but due to the actions of the 2 teenagers he had to do something against his better judgement which was kill them as he feared for his life.