Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What is your plan for your valor upgrade priority in 5.1?

I'm going to guess that most folks will say their ranged weapon is top priority. I currently still lack an epic ranged weapon so I'm leaning right now towards trinkets and/or tier armor.

I'm having trouble justifying spending valor on LFR gear at all (barring maybe the gun from Terrace due to the sha socket). So I'm really curious as to what other people are pondering in the way of Dos and Don'ts for the upcoming upgrade system.

The way things stand I think I'll probably just dump points into Relic of Xuen, normal tier, and maybe Windwalker Spaulders.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

for my its my gun cause i think heroic Lei Shi is gonna be a while for my guild, and my DMC.

Ranged weapon + DMF trinket. After they are both fully upgraded (which will be the day 5.1 drops), I'm probably going to hold off on upgrades just because I don't want to waste any and I want to save some if the H MV bow or the N ToES gun were to drop.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-27 at 12:25 AM.

Ranged weapon if the base damage is increased int he upgrade (havent really looked into it much so unsure if it does).

Then probably my tier as its near on my only BiS's or trinkets if the procs upgrade at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Ranged weapon if the base damage is increased int he upgrade (havent really looked into it much so unsure if it does).

Then probably my tier as its near on my only BiS's or trinkets if the procs upgrade at all.

the 489 is
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/86142-fan...park-of-titans

Weird that wowdb doesn't show that the dps is upgraded, but I'm on the ptr and it is saying it is.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/86142-fan...park-of-titans
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-27 at 01:03 AM.

Weapon followed by trinket (DMC) followed by bracers

Don't have the normal bow yet, so trinket, then I'll wait and see for abit. (But not capping)

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post

the 489 is
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/86142-fan...park-of-titans

Weird that wowdb doesn't show that the dps is upgraded, but I'm on the ptr and it is saying it is.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/86142-fan...park-of-titans
    Awesome, thanks for the clarification mate, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post

The DMF trinket also gains 37 agility and 116 agility on the proc for the first upgrade.

Definitely the normal gun from Lei Shi (I've gotten really lucky with weapon drops, 1st week normal Will, bow drops, 2nd Lei Shi kill got the gun).

Then probably DMF or my normal Essence of Terror (also off Lei Shi). Maybe my 502 bracers off H-Stone Guard since they're BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Definitely the normal gun from Lei Shi (I've gotten really lucky with weapon drops, 1st week normal Will, bow drops, 2nd Lei Shi kill got the gun).

Then probably DMF or my normal Essence of Terror (also off Lei Shi). Maybe my 502 bracers off H-Stone Guard since they're BiS.
    Using an int trink? Think you mean terror in the mists. Personally I wouldn't upgrade the TITM. H elegon trinket would be so much better.

Upgrading my Taoren as soon as I can.

Obviously it's more profitable to upgrade "big" items first, because of item budget (unless those "big" items are much worse than your other items and will be replaced soon). By "big" items i mean weapon, chest, head, pants (those that usually cost 2250 valor/justice points).
    Neck, bracers, rings and cape (1250 points) goes last beacuse of least budget.
    For example, upgrading heroic tier chest gives you 1220 -> 1312 (+92) agility alone, while upgrading heroic tier gloves gives only 1026 -> 1105 (+79) agility, same proportion of secondary stats.

Probably Heroic Fang Kung and Heroic Elegon Trinket.

So trinket procs are upgraded too? That's very good news. Last time I checked it on PTR they weren't upgraded, though it might have been just a tooltip bug, because I didn't actually have any justice points to complete the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Using an int trink? Think you mean terror in the mists. Personally I wouldn't upgrade the TITM. H elegon trinket would be so much better.
    That's what I meant. And I've been passing H-Bottle to our rogue and feral before I take it, we've only had one drop so far though.

Normal Fang or LFR taoren ?

We are still working on Galaron normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Normal Fang or LFR taoren ?

We are still working on Galaron normal.
    Same here except I haven't got Normal Fang and I think it will be quite a long time until I see Normal Taoren.

A heads up for alchemists, http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=75274 has been boosted to 458, add another 8 ilevels (making it 464) for 1500 JP and I think it will beat normal Elegon, right? Perhaps put it close to DMC?

Upgrading my bottle and Darkmoon card first as they'll be BiS (barring TiTM maybe edging out the DMC slightly, but being more "RNG" due to being a crit proc) for the entire tier.
    After that, fuck knows. Still using my 483 gun from BMAH, been super-unlucky with ranged weps, as my DK is in on every emperor kill so far so no fang-kun (RoF tactic).

TiTM isn't on crit, it's on hit. I was under the impression H-TiTM was BiS.

(I have the normal version, had to check to make sure).