Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhonus View Post
    thanks, what is /10char please ?
    It's what's needed to make a post. You need more than 10 characters for a post to be submitted, so when a response requires just "yes" or "no" it's commonplace to type "/10char" to make up the difference.

Deleted
    I am not quite geared for raids yet, just doing LFR atm and am struggling a little with how best to heal in raid, especially now with 5.1

So because of Soothing Mist mana reduction, improved Chi generation and reduced mana for Enveloping Mist, it would seem that using SM & EV should be used on a wider range of characters, almost spamming that?

Reduction of 1 for Renewing Mist (has CD increased for RM? seems to take an extra second now..not sure though) makes is more difficult to maintain sufficient numbers for Uplift to be as useful...so therefore more use of Spinning Kick ?

I am not keen on the fist weaving approach...am I missing out there?

Deleted
    i did my firstr raid on my MW monk last night we 2 healed most fights and yes i noticed change to RM affecting uplift but with chi burst and spining crane i was more then able to manage incoming aoe damage and was managing to out heal are shammy just mind you on some fights and fights we 3 healed i was out healing are pally and shammy
    with way are mana and crit works i found keeping tanks up alot easier before if i had to heal tank it distroyed my mana where as now wasnt an issue ... soothing mist is improved chi gen not by much but you can notice it and if i had a chi prob a spining crane and i had enough chi for what i needed , i dont like jab weaving so i dont use that but using sm and sck chi was always full and healing was fine,

i was expecting to be droped after reading post here about how bad nerf hit us , it was needed but if you play it right you can still be right up on hps with other healers just if you got a disc priest in ya group as a monk you may aswell go make a coffee and come back after the fight disc Shields asorbes are a joke atm get a good disc in ya group and there hardly any healing to be done, i wouldnt say we top healers now or bottom we are around middle of pack with shammys holy priest with only probs druids below us and pally and disc above us now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofix View Post
    Haha, funny thing.

So last week we were going to the terrace to wipe on the protectors 25 HC. Everything went correctly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=60583

And now. Tonight. I'm proud to say that my Renewing Mist went on the GOLDEN BANANA .. and all the various pets from the raid.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=60583

Im so happy with my class tonight, but we should rejoice, since the Golden Banana is safe.
    I took the freedom to link that log on the official forum. Someone from US please make a copy of my thread on the US forums.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967189272#1

Let's see. Heart of Fear bosses, one week later. I got a bit of gear since, but let's see the difference.

Zor'lok: 28k HPS vs 22k HPS
    Ta'jak: 28k HPS vs 39k HPS
    Garalon: 101k HPS vs 67k HPS
    Mel'jark: 29k HPS vs 40k HPS
    Un'sok: 57k HPS vs 39k HPS (both times not turned into construct)

So I am defo healing less on fights I was spamming uplift, but on the fight I'm using SCK, I saw a huge boost. Of course, this doesn't mean much but it gives an idea.. that is in 10 man, all 3 healed, with one very very good disc priest.

I also noticed ReM jumping on the debuff target on Un'sok, that kind of pissed me off.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    I took the freedom to link that log on the official forum. Someone from US please make a copy of my thread on the US forums.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967189272#1
    No problems, I answered to your topic, and also mentioned the bug with Xuen.

Deleted
    The problem with the RenM nerf is that it's a gameplay destruction

Since yesterday, we juste play A NEW CLASS, which has NOTHING in common with what we signed for

they must go back on this RenM spreading nerf, and just reduce the amount of healing produced by uplift

We play MW because it's one of the richest healer, not to spam SCK in the raid

I went from destroying meters in LFR to matching meters in 10m and being barely able to offset normal mode damage at ilvl479. This is going to take a lot of relearning and practice to be on par at raid healing with other healers again. Seriously, though, when SCK is suddenly off the table (10m spreading out) sustainable AOE healing has dropped in place of spot healing for me.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I concidered Renewing Mist to be the best heal (+ ofc uplift) in WoW, also as a fun factor, I decided it was time to move on for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I went from destroying meters in LFR to matching meters in 10m and being barely able to offset normal mode damage at ilvl479. This is going to take a lot of relearning and practice to be on par at raid healing with other healers again. Seriously, though, when SCK is suddenly off the table (10m spreading out) sustainable AOE healing has dropped in place of spot healing for me.
    What fights are you talking about? I still find ReM=>Uplift is good for raid healing, when the raid is spread out and there needs to be raid healing. I'm not sure it makes sense that it's our best option if the raid is spread out and only a few random people are taking damage.

Deleted
    The mana costs of Jab, Spinning Crane Kick, Soothing Mist, Crackling Jade Lightning, and Renewing Mist have been increased by 30%.
    Soothing Mist and Crackling Jade Lightning now have a 30% chance to generate Chi when they deal damage (was 35%).
    Seriously? SERIOUSLY Blizzard? I just wanna kill myself.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    patch 5.1 yes
    hotfixed seem abit over the top

15+ Year Old Account
    Jab doesn't seem to have actually been affected by the hotfix... still costing me 9k on live.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    What fights are you talking about? I still find ReM=>Uplift is good for raid healing, when the raid is spread out and there needs to be raid healing. I'm not sure it makes sense that it's our best option if the raid is spread out and only a few random people are taking damage.
    When I wrote this I was with a Holy Paladin (eternal flame + constant mastery shield procs) on the first four bosses of MSV(10m N). By the time my renewing mist and uplift could get someone's HP back up his HoT and AOE heal (whatever that cone is called) would have already taken care of it. I simply couldn't keep up. To be completely fair, he'd been a dedicated healer for years and I only had 10m experience healing Dragon Soul as a resto shaman so his reaction times were probably much better.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I am very, very disappointed with the changes.

I am an extremely competitive person so I don't even like it that much when I don't feel like I'm doing well in LFR. Granted that might change, I did my first LFR yesterday with my chi trackers broken and having no clue how much chi I had the entire time and realizing last night after raid I've reforged my haste cap incorrectly a few times due to reforge sites not working right. However, I realize when before 5.1 I was outhealing other healers in LFR by 10+% that the class needed to be nerfed but I think they've gone too far with it. I have always been a skilled healer on any class and when I'm now struggling to overtake disc priests and some resto shamans in LFR I feel like they've nerfed mistweavers to the point that skill can't make up for it. On the contrary, disc priest (which was my main in Cata) has been buffed up to insane levels.

That being said, my 10 man guild raid last night seemed fine for the most part, but I was healing with a holy paladin and resto druid so...who knows.
    I agreed with you that they overbuffed Disc Priest (especially spirit shell). If you looked at all the World of Logs from top raiding guilds, you'll see dis priest #1 healing spell is from Spirit shell and it outhealed their other spells by a large margin. I hope blizzard will take a look at Spirit shell and fix it. No other healing class can do top healing with just 1 spell, that is just not right.

Deleted
    I've made a post on the forums which outlines what I feel to be an inherent problem with the spec and why nerfs are justified but the method they've approached it with is fat fingered. You can check it out here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyse View Post
    No. 25 mans are terrible now. I went from being able to do 110k - 120k HPS on Garalon to 70k HPS. My 165k healing on Tsulong dropped to 110k HPS. I get we were OP. I get that, but nerfing almost everything we do, giving us no raid CD's that are viable and killing our AOE heals really sucks in 25 mans now.
    So you got put back in line with the rest of the healers not including the retarded op disc priests? qq.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Garaon HC: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e.../?s=794&e=1175
    Tsulong HC: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5000&e=5441

We're still an awesome class. We're just not OP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandwichFace View Post
    Garaon HC: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e.../?s=794&e=1175
    Tsulong HC: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5000&e=5441

We're still an awesome class. We're just not OP anymore.
    I see those are both before the 30% increase, how much more do you think that will nerf your healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I see those are both before the 30% increase, how much more do you think that will nerf your healing?
    It does nothing to it. In both fights I ended with 50-60% mana. It wont nerf me at all, it balances me.