Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    But what about our childrens childrens childrens childrens childrens childrens childrebs futures?

If you focus on merely your direct descendants i truly feel that you run a very high risk of endangering children in the future.

Such scenarios could be humans becoming physically weak in the extreme from lack of natural selection abd our EVERY child MUST live/thrive mentality, or the very POSSIBLE scenario that all our vaccines may wind up triggering an even worse epidemic(one reason i think taking the hit from chicken pox is better than vaccinating it. The mire things we vaccinste the more possible/ likely a super virus becomes) and those are just TWO others could be populatio problens a lack of continued physical evolution and so on.

BTW if i'm right this is one of the areas Spectral and i disagree on. I try abd think of what COULD happen and is more than improbable while if i'm rightvhe is more concerned with today. Abd TBH i feel both such viewpoints are needed in pretty much all areas of life.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:45 PM ----------

You CAN however also have those waived for various reasons. Pretty sure religion is among then LOL.
    That is true, i hadn't thought about that. A very good and valid point. What a dilemma!
    I guess we can either do as Gamdwelf say and not vaccinate some (or all) of our children, although that can be risky, or we can rely on future science to keep evolving just as the viruses does. A very tricky situation indeed, i'll get back to you when i have more info before i make an opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Precisely, and in my opinion that's a good thing! I just think that it shouldn't be the parents decision whether the child should get immunized or not.
    It's not like a child can go on a killing spree just because his parents said it was okay. (pretty extreme example, but you know what i mean.)

Basically, what i'm saying is that i want it to be a law.

Read my reply. To summarize

"For every rule there is an exception and for every exception there is a rule ad infinitum"

Basically even in laws such as those exceptions exist probably always will.

So yeah just bear that in mind as well...Oh and then there is the classic "the more you tighten your grip the more things slip through" in this case it could even be deadly diseases from over vaccinating.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:54 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Gamdwelf;19278327]but elementary up to highschool is required.[COLOR="red"]

[QUOTE]

Depending on state/county again it CAN AND HAS been waived for NUMEROUS reasons. Whether it be steadfast religion, allergies or even parents lying and so on. So yeah while it's there it's never had the teeth or power to TRULY ensure all are vaccinated. And TBH i feel that may be for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Nope, I'm a firm believer in letting retards do what they want. Then Darwin's hand comes along and takes them away - so my children don't have to deal with their children.

I kinda joke, but I kinda don't. I'm not huge on imposing my views and beliefs on others...
    This is hilarious. Your not huge on imposing your beliefs yet you state that parents that have legitimate concerns about vaccinations are "retards"? Look in the mirror my friend. You look in that mirror and you judge whether the sheep that happily injects their kids with a substance you don't bother to research is the retard, or is it the person that takes the time to actually give a damn who suffers from a mental disorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The problem here is that the solution is far worse that the original problem. Taking children away from their parents for not vaccinating them is a ludicrous proposition that will result in far greater short term and long term harm than good. One reason the 2nd amendment exists in the US is to protect the people's against an oppressive government. I would say taking children away from their parents for not vaccinating them is oppressive, wouldn't you? Educate the public, hand out fines to parents who do not vaccinate their children, I don't care, but at least make a concerted effort to be somewhat reasonable.

In world when my child is the only one not vaccinated ... no problem. In world where 50% of the children are not vaccinated, hell yeah I will vaccinate my kid. Epidemies don't happen if there is only few ppl who can catch the disease. A lot of the informed decision is based on others will vaccinate their children, so I can skip it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    But what about our childrens childrens childrens childrens childrens childrens childrebs futures?

If you focus on merely your direct descendants i truly feel that you run a very high risk of endangering children in the future.

Such scenarios could be humans becoming physically weak in the extreme from lack of natural selection abd our EVERY child MUST live/thrive mentality, or the very POSSIBLE scenario that all our vaccines may wind up triggering an even worse epidemic(one reason i think taking the hit from chicken pox is better than vaccinating it. The mire things we vaccinste the more possible/ likely a super virus becomes) and those are just TWO others could be populatio problens a lack of continued physical evolution and so on.

BTW if i'm right this is one of the areas Spectral and i disagree on. I try abd think of what COULD happen and is more than improbable while if i'm rightvhe is more concerned with today. Abd TBH i feel both such viewpoints are needed in pretty much all areas of life.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:45 PM ----------

You CAN however also have those waived for various reasons. Pretty sure religion is among then LOL.
    I typed this before, but a it said a mod had to approve my message. Oh well.

As i typed before it mysteriously disappeared, you make a very valid point that i have to consider, either you do as Gamdwelf said, and let it be optional, or you can hope that science and cures evolves just as the viruses does. A dilemma indeed.
    I'll come back when i have more info on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 07:49 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Why, thats like making it a law to eat a certain amount of salad, or exercise a certain amount each week, like people should be able to choose how they live their life.
    Well, i can see your point. However, i believe that some things should not be up to the parents or even the child itself sometimes. I know it sounds like i want more government control, but i really don't. I just wish for everyone to be forced to be equal on the chance of getting an illness. Constantly eating salad is a life choice, however the shots you take for diseases are usually twice in a lifetime, and not a constant thing that occurs everyday, like eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    In world when my child is the only one not vaccinated ... no problem. In world where 50% of the children are not vaccinated, hell yeah I will vaccinate my kid. Epidemies don't happen if there is only few ppl who can catch the disease. A lot of the informed decision is based on others will vaccinate their children, so I can skip it.
    Herd immunity.

A couple people don't vaccinate "because everyone else is" and ruin that. Not to mention why the hell would you WANT to put your kids at even the risk of running into someone that said vaccinations aren't for me, carry the disease, and go on to infect a whole bunch of people (babies, elderly, and unvaccinated) because "everyone else is vaccinated".