Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yes, but hurt != defeat or kill. Sticking a needle in Sargeras' Toe will only make him even more grumpy than he already is. And I doubt that we could equip an entire army with these "immortal" weapons.
    I think some of the titans will loan use there weapons and teach us their trick of the trades. Also I think they would be susceptible to runic magic? Also I believe the titans will be very rash at first because they think they will be unkillable and will be reckless.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    lets bring in algalon mark 2, and then he blows it all to heck and "restarts" the world.. welcome back vanilla =O

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    ...Old Gods?
    You didn't kill them either, you beat back an eye and a mouth respectively, that was it.

The olds gods are also beings of near immeasurable power, they would destroy every mortal on Azeroth with ease if they got loose.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-11-29 at 12:12 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some of the titans will loan use there weapons and teach us their trick of the trades. Also I think they would be susceptible to runic magic? Also I believe the titans will be very rash at first because they think they will be unkillable and will be reckless.
    No. If the Pantheon was reckless, It would have attacked Sargeras long long ago.
    But who knows what deus ex machina solution Blizzards lore writers will devise..

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You didn't kill them either, you beat back an eye and a mouth respectively, that was it.

The olds gods are also beings of near immeasurable power, they would destroy every moral on Azeroth with ease if they got loose.
    They wouldn't even destroy you we're technically the ''soldiers'' for them they along with the faceless ones would in most cases make us fight for them

Wow, this got a little busy overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    The OP Doesn't understand the power of the Titans.
    Immortal. Incredibly advanced technology. Able to empower primitive races to aid them and defend their work.

They are not omnipotent, omnipresent, or all-powerful. It appears they had to use massive machinery and an unknown amount of time to shape the world. (Look at the Storm Peaks. It's a mountainous shell over massive engines.)

The Titans had to wage war to defeat the elemental lords: "Though the elementals were powerful beyond mortal comprehension, their combined forces could not stop the mighty Titans. One by one, the elemental lords fell, and their forces dispersed." Two of those lords we mortals have recently slain.

They are architects working at immense scales. The Pantheon are the most powerful leaders, but we don't even know how many Titans there are in total, or who would come to reboot the planet, and what power they would have.

Why in the fuck would Thrall be there leading the charge? He's literally a tiny insect to the Pantheon. You've got the scale of things all wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    if he end up in power with the horde again, he'll be the one that stops the war between the alliance and the horde, he almost did it before garrosh came into the picture
    And if he does not, he's still the World Shaman, one of Azeroth's most powerful individuals. And he's also a big fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Title made me think of:

Obi-Wan: "That boy is our last hope."

Yoda: "No. There is another."
    At least one person got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Nope.

The final boss of WoW will be: Richard A. Knaak.
    Too terrifying to imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no finale to WOW. There is no final boss.

WOW has at least 20 years to go.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elggur View Post
    you say N'zoth's plan failed, what if is plan all along was so that we kill deathwing, might have been the only being on azeroth who could have been able to stop him :P if so, he managed to win, not fail ^^
    Deathwing wouldn't have been able to kill an Old God.

Also, there was a lot of speculation that all of the Aspects together somehow dampened the Old Gods powers or kept them chained, anything along those lines.
    Deathwing was corrupted by an Old God (or more, can't remember), which we know to be fact.

The idea was that, by maddening Deathwing, the other Aspects would either be wiped out, or forced into giving up their powers in order to defeat Deathwing (which they did, as you see in the cinematic after you defeat Deathwing). This would mean that there's very little to hold the Old Gods back and they would be able to pose an even bigger threat sometime soon TM.

I came in expecting a Hogger/Mr. Smite thread and was disappointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

The olds gods are also beings of near immeasurable power, they would destroy every mortal on Azeroth with ease if they got loose.
    That's too boring for them. Some would use us as soldiers, while others would play around with our sanity for fun.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I came in expecting a Hogger/Mr. Smite thread and was disappointed.
    Wait... you're disappointed NOT to see a god-knows-how-long joke being overused again?

Things have really changed in the few months I've been gone...

Wouldn't the Titans be a bit concerned if a race of mortals could destroy one of their own?

Also, we still have to properly kill Kil'jaedan
    RETH

Deleted
    would be so fucking cool if the old gods gave us like insane buffs on such a fight and aided us in destroying the titans.

If you really want epic, how about this ...

Sargaras regenerates and comes to Azeroth, freeing the Old Gods just for the chaos and attempts to destroy Azeroth. The Old Gods, no one's puppets, turn on Sargaras to keep Azeroth for themselves. The Titans, alerted to what is transpiring on Azeroth (somehow) return to put a stop to both Sargaras and the Old Gods.

An epic 3-way battle ensues with each side empowering we poor mortals to use us against their enemies, only to find the cumulative effect of each side empowering the mortals results in the mortals winning the battle by aiding different sides at different times with our newly found powers.

Lots of ways this could be a long and epic expansion.

The OP Doesn't understand the power of the Titans. Why in the fuck would Thrall be there leading the charge? He's literally a tiny insect to the Pantheon. You've got the scale of things all wrong.
    There's an error in your equation. Here, you forgot to factor the result with Metzen and got your power proportions inversely. Corrected results now show Pantheon is like a tiny insect to Thrall.

This thread makes me think how completely off track Pandaria is to the rest of the lore. It has nothing to do with anything to advance the storyline.

Deleted
    we would need something a lot more powerful that what can be found on azeroth to defeat the pantheon, all of the old gods together could not defeat the pantheon.

it wouldnt even make sense being able to fight the pantheon, they have the power to destroy entire planets, listen to algalons speech.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2012-11-29 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I had always thought we'd be dealing with Sargeras and his Burning Legion in tandem with the Titans. The idea is that the Legion seeks to finally destroy Azeroth while the Titans want to just stop their brethren. Essentially they end up using Azeroth as their fighting ground.

Because let's be honest here, the Titan's don't really care about Azeroth, except for perhaps Eonar. Eonar is going to end up being like Alexstrasza/Therazane while we end up fighting the other two factions.

It'd be epic as hell if the final boss fight was us fighting the Pantheon while they are simultaneously fighting Sargeras.

That would be an amazingly awesome fight.... as long as the actual mechanics of the fight don't involve us running from one giant, unmoving foot to the next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, we still have to properly kill Kil'jaedan
    HOW?

I mean come on now, Archimonde basically just toyed with us until he was bored. We didn't defeat him. We merely distracted him long enough. Archimonde underestimated us.

However Kil'jaeden already got his immaterial butt kicked once. He will NOT make the same mistake his brother did. He will be prepared (pun intended) and he will strike us down without mercy, first chance he gets. And this time, there won't be any Anveena ready to sacrifice herself.....

Honestly? Some bad guys just shouldn't be engaged at all. It totally ruins the magic of the universe and I find this constant "mortals can do anything" quite annoying.

They are not omnipotent, omnipresent, or all-powerful.
    No they are not. The need for Algalons response signal clearly proves that, besides there is only one truth: The universe is infinite.
    But the gap in power between us and them is so incredibly vast that it would be absurd to even think about attacking one of them, even if he has fallen.

Here, you forgot to factor the result with Metzen and got your power proportions inversely. Corrected results now show Pantheon is like a tiny insect to Thrall.
    Touché good sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Once we have killed Sargeras, Blizzard will invent another big evil. Does anyone honestly think that Blizzard is going to give up on their biggest money maker? Ofc they aren't. They'll just invent more lore.
    They'll probably retcon whatever turned Sargeras towards falling in towards his demonic path as the final big bad. Unless there is something more profitable beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    I like to think that the Titans came to Azeroth to create races that might serve as a solution to the problem Sargeras presents them. I think the old gods were left alive as tests. When we prove that our power has reached a point where we can handle the old gods, then perhaps the Pantheon will provide us with the Immortal anti-titan weapons we would need to have a shot against Sargeras. Perhaps they will be one encounter use Legendaries. The Pantheon would be silly to let us keep them.

I think measures like what Algalon was trying to do were emergency procedures to keep the old gods from getting out of hand.

I think it would be cool if in future expansions we start hunting old gods and start systematically finding and killing them.

I also think some people here are underestimating the strength of the inhabitants of Azeroth. What once took 40 can be done by one now. I would like to see our evolution as players take a front seat in the story making. Perhaps to a Titan we are merely flies now, but as we grow, the story should grow with that. I would like to see all of our efforts made canon in this way.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990