Is the Questline bugged? Help, please.

So I finished Dagger in the Dark yesterday. Figured I'd get the next quest after when I hit Friendly.

But..nothing. And I looked up some stuff on it and apparently the next quest was supposed to pick right up.

Is it bugged for anyone else or am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

If I remember correctly on the PTR both the scenario breadcrumb and the next stage of the main 5.1 storyline could be picked up immediately after the construction of Dominance Hold/Lion's Landing.

It seems Blizzard changed the requirement for live servers, although I'm pretty clueless as to what the prerequisites were changed to.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I'm not getting the follow-up quest either. The follow-up quest is "Someone You Should See", given by Messenger Grummle.

Can anyone confirm that they have in fact completed the follow-up quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Slackbeard View Post
    I'm not getting the follow-up quest either. The follow-up quest is "Someone You Should See", given by Messenger Grummle.

Can anyone confirm that they have in fact completed the follow-up quest?
    Yeah. Seriously. I just hit Friendly and still..nothing.

Someone? Anyone?

Hit friendly, still nothing. Blizzard's silence on this-there's a good dozen threads on this issue between the Quest and Bug forums on the official forums-is getting kind of annoying. If everything is working as intended, I wish someone would tell us. And if not, well, tell us so we'll stop looking for the trigger until they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    Hit friendly, still nothing. Blizzard's silence on this-there's a good dozen threads on this issue between the Quest and Bug forums on the official forums-is getting kind of annoying. If everything is working as intended, I wish someone would tell us. And if not, well, tell us so we'll stop looking for the trigger until they fix it.
    I opened a ticket so hopefully I'll get a response too :/

After A Little Patience Scenario, I also did not get the next quest...

sad

Nothing for me either, opened a ticket, we'll see how long it takes to be answered, it would be helpful if someone could confirm that they did get it

After hotfix nothing yet

Someone was telling me it might be the fact we have to wait a few days, while doing dailies, and then the messenger comes along and the questline continues.

From a Lore Perspective, it makes sense cuz Chen finds Voljin and nurtures him back to health, so, yeah.

Deleted
    The waiting game again....

on the alliance side i was able to pick up the next quest but ive hit a dead end with that now.

According to this Blue post I found on the official forums the quest line now unlocks on your trek to exalted. Each piece of the quest was only able to be picked up one after the other on the PTR for testing purposes. So I would assume to this is the same for both the Alliance and Horde where you now have to do the dailies and the story quests unlock along the way.

Rise of an Empire requires 3950 rep with Dominance Offensive. It was available immediately on the PTR for testing purposes.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2182?page=1#18

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    According to this Blue post I found on the official forums the quest line now unlocks on your trek to exalted. Each piece of the quest was only able to be picked up one after the other on the PTR for testing purposes. So I would assume to this is the same for both the Alliance and Horde where you now have to do the dailies and the story quests unlock along the way.

Rise of an Empire is not the follow-up quest to Dagger in the Dark, I believe. The correct quest would be "Someone You Should See".

Someone on the US forums claims that a GM told him the questchain was bugged. I have too few posts on this forum, so can't link it, but just google "Someone You Should See (Horde)".

Quote Originally Posted by Slackbeard View Post
    Rise of an Empire is not the follow-up quest to Dagger in the Dark, I believe. The correct quest would be "Someone You Should See".

Someone on the US forums claims that a GM told him the questchain was bugged. I have too few posts on this forum, so can't link it, but just google "Someone You Should See (Horde)".
    It could be a bug or it could be that they have tied every piece of this questline to a certain rep level like they did to Rise of an Empire. It could be that this questline was completely unlocked just for the PTR like the Blue post said about Rise of an Empire.

It would be nice if the Blues posted if it was a bug or if it's all unlocked through dailies and rep, because there is a lot of confusion both on here and on the official forums and the only Blue post I've seen is in regards to the Rise of an Empire.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2012-11-29 at 02:02 PM.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I have been unable to continue the ally 5.1 questline, despite hitting friendly and completing the previous ones. Apparently, based on the comments on Wowhead, other people have been having this problem as well.

From Dave Kosak's twitter:
    Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive storyline quests unlock every 2-3 days as you do the dailies. The story will slowly unfold!
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/274080136146583553

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably on a timer. Newer players may be unfamiliar with these old-style quests as they require patience. After a pre-set number of hours has passed, a letter will pop up in your mail pointing you in the right direction.

I could be wrong, however the conclusion of the scenario quest-line is typical of a timed event.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WoolferRU View Post
    There you go then, go back to Hidden Master and learn Patience guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.