Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    No... no you don't. The damage of I SrS has been halved, yes. But you have to take into account the 100% increase to your SrS damage. So basically the change was to not make our aoe too powerful but to remain at where we were before plus the SrS damage.
    In your math above, you failed to include the halving of the ISS which would've put your overall damage at 77,150,046 not 80,343,349. Also, by serpent spread, I meant improved serpent sting so you probably misinterpreted what I meant. Our AoE is not being nerfed or buffed, our single target and cleaving potential is being buffed.

It definitely helps make survival more viable.

On the other hand, if Blizzard was just seeking to up our baseline damage, I'd rather they found another way to do it. For example, BM does fairly well (pet travel aside) switching to adds because it doesn't really have a ramp up time. In a lot of those scenarios the target isn't alive long enough to make SS worth it, so balancing overall output around double SS damage ends up hurting the spec. I'd rather see either just a baseline upgrade in everything or targeted upgrades to differentiate the strengths of each spec.

But right now I think overall output is way more of a problem than our ability balance, so this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    ...and reduces survival burst AoE a tad which was pretty insane...
    The DoT was doubled and the amount done instantly was halved, which means this burst is unchanged. This should actually increase AoE slightly since the DoT ticks should be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    In your math above, you failed to include the halving of the ISS which would've put your overall damage at 77,150,046 not 80,343,349. Also, by serpent spread, I meant improved serpent sting so you probably misinterpreted what I meant. Our AoE is not being nerfed or buffed, our single target and cleaving potential is being buffed.
    You don't understand how the increase in SrS affects the ISS damage do you? Let's make up some hypothetical numbers:

Pre hotfix
    SrS damage: 100,000
    ISS damage: (100,000 * .3) 30,000

Hotfix
    SrS damage 200,000
    ISS damage: (200,000 * .15) 30,000

So no, I didn't have it wrong or I didn't misinterpret what you said. So our aoe has only been buffed! The more time that it takes to kill the aoe pack the more our 100% increased SrS damage will do!

My favorite thing on the page http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/792..._29-11_29_2012
    is this

Mogu'shan Vaults

Will of the Emperor
    Jan-xi and Qin-xi will no longer pause while executing their Devastating Combo attack.

Mogu'shan Palace

Elegon
    Fixed an issue that could prevent the floor from returning during phase transitions in this encounter.

Elegon is apparantly in mogushan palace XD
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-01 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cemila View Post
    The DoT was doubled and the amount done instantly was halved, which means this burst is unchanged. This should actually increase AoE slightly since the DoT ticks should be stronger.
    Interesting, a very decent buff then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I would have preferred more power in our Signature Shots.
    Agreed, but I certainly won't complain about a buff that hits Survival harder than BM. Any excuse to play Survival is good news in my book.

This is a pretty large AoE buff too. Double DoT damage on Wind Lord? Huzzah!

i still do not see this being near enough.. it will help some on multi target ans maybe another 1-2% single target.... that till another 25%+ we need to go to be equal to mages and mages still do less them have the work to do their damage

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i still do not see this being near enough.. it will help some on multi target ans maybe another 1-2% single target.... that till another 25%+ we need to go to be equal to mages and mages still do less them have the work to do their damage
    It's around a 5% single target buff for survival and about 3-3.5% for BM. That combined with the 5% AP buff earlier in the week should put us back near the top on single target. I'm not sure how significant the cleave will be as survival, but I would not be worried about our single target damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not enough to bring us in line with DKs or Locks, but with the gigantic Fire Mage nerf it's certainly enough to bring us pretty close to them now.

Looking at my last few logs, it looks to be about a 7% single target buff for Survival, about half that for BM, and about a 14% AoE buff for Survival. Not amazing, but it's actually a slightly larger buff than the Aspect buff.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2012-12-01 at 06:19 AM.

Now if only they could remove 3-4 of our stupid-ass talents that are clogging our rotations. We have enough to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    It's not enough to bring us in line with DKs or Locks, but with the gigantic Fire Mage nerf it's certainly enough to bring us pretty close to them now.

Looking at my last few logs, it looks to be about a 7% single target buff for Survival, about half that for BM, and about a 14% AoE buff for Survival. Not amazing, but it's actually a slightly larger buff than the Aspect buff.
    I don't know what kind of damage you were doing previously but hunters on single target before were slightly behind locks and higher than dks, at least in my experience. We were definitely lacking in the multi target damage department so hopefully this change will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post

Looking through my logs, it looks like 9% SV and 7% BM which is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    What? are you kidding me it's huge for multi-dot fights.
    I'm not talking about fights like Wind lord. I'm talking about fights where you stand in the middle practically just rotating dots on all targets. If you think we can rotate dots on Will of emperor now, you're sorely mistaken. This does not bump us from the average 60k dps to 100k dps that moonkin, lock, shadow priest and mage are doing on "multi dot" fights.

Yes on "cleave" fights like dogs and windlord we will be doing much better.

I'm just waiting for the day where we can get extra ticks on our dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Truefire View Post
    I don't know what kind of damage you were doing previously but hunters on single target before were slightly behind locks and higher than dks, at least in my experience. We were definitely lacking in the multi target damage department so hopefully this change will fix that.
    you are also in the best gear in game...most do not have close to that... and looking at logs hunters overall are lower mid pack on ingle target fights.

i hope you are right... even if you are we will still have to play twice as well as a mage or lock to do our damage compared to them. nearly every class can be played with less then a dozen keybinds when hunters need triple that.

We took SrS then we doubled it! (I'm sorry I had to)

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I'm not talking about fights like Wind lord. I'm talking about fights where you stand in the middle practically just rotating dots on all targets. If you think we can rotate dots on Will of emperor now, you're sorely mistaken. This does not bump us from the average 60k dps to 100k dps that moonkin, lock, shadow priest and mage are doing on "multi dot" fights.

Yes on "cleave" fights like dogs and windlord we will be doing much better.

You are underestimating the damage of your SrS. It will be useful on any fight (including will) where you can multi dot on and it will be a dps increase. You cant rotate dots because the timer is 15 seconds but you can dot up all the targets still... I don't see why you wouldn't think that we could do that.

Looking at my SV logs the min/max damage per srs will be 100k - 200k getting no crits and all crits respectively. So... 1 GCD and 15 focus for 100k-200k damage is definitely worth it when AS is 1 GCD and 25 focus for 30k-60k damage. And since SrS has a bigger change to crit more being that it's a dot, it will most likely yield more.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-01 at 07:12 AM.

I like this but i its more likea general buff and who really needs some buffs are MM spec.

anyways this is better than nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by eLPachuukko View Post
    I like this but i its more likea general buff and who really needs some buffs are MM spec.

anyways this is better than nothing...
    MM is right there with the other specs now, but not as easy to play. It's hard to have 3 pure dps specs when one is clearly great for single (BM) and one is clearly great for cleave/aoe (surv). If MM surpasses BM, then most people will go MM and Surv.

Deleted
    I did say a couple of days ago to increase SS by 50% and nerf the cost, but I will take 100!

Good to see the powers that be are keeping up-to-date with the mmochamps.

This is a fuck-truck of DPS increase for us, bring it on!

Deleted
    Really good buff, it boosts both our AE (cleave) and single target as we double the damage on that target (usually whole fight)
    Without increasing burst dmg. Just hope they didn't overdone this and won't nerf a lot in the future.

Now I just want MM fixed (steadyshot is pathetic - hitting like im in wotlk, AiS is ok but too long cast time), perhaps make this one a petless spec like affliction warlock, sacrificing pet DPS for bigger damage on our shots. Archer spec is what this game needs.