Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    why wouldn't they be? upgraded loot is upgraded loot
    Better to quit while you're behind on this one.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The only thing I think needs to happen to make it perfect as it is right now is that Blizzard needs to make the loot rolls transparent.
    Yes. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Let everyone see what everyone else rolled, who got loot, and what they got. Maybe then people will stop complaining, because whether you think so or not, you don't get loot any faster or slower than you did in the old LFR loot system, or even current normals/heroic raids.
    No. Bad.

Seeing what you rolled is great, seeing what other people got isn't. It just leads to the same whining about who needed what and who is pulling their weight and why did a Frost DK get my tank weapon and why are DPS items that are good for my tank set off limits because Blizzard lists haste as dps even though it is my best stat and etc. etc. etc.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    who exactly are you to tell me what I do and what I don't deserve? This community is a nightmare. They turn on each other like spoiled children. Some of us are frustrated by LFR loot. Instead of getting support from our fellow players, our fellow players turn on us. All for themselves and nothing for other people.
    I'm the guy reminding you that if you look on the Raid Finder page on Blizzards website you will see that it says Raid Finder was created as a way of showing people raid content - not as a way for people to get loot.

I'm not turning on anyone, just correcting peoples entitled assumption that everything in the game was put there for the sole purpose of putting up your ilvl.

It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Firstly, you should try to use words you know how to use correctly instead of acting smart and saying implicates instead of implies.

Normal raids are for progression, which includes loot, because they are a difficult experience which requires cooperation and prior planning.

LFR is something you queue for and then faceroll in order to see what the bosses look like and get some watered-down idea of their mechanics.

LFR has never been intended as a place for you to gear up regularly, it is a bonus for people who wouldn't otherwise get to participate in raid content.

Just because you use it for gear doesn't make that it's intended purpose - much like if you wear your shoe as a hat, it might work but it's not recommended.

So no, you deserve nothing. Take your valor points and be happy if you end up with a bonus.
    Grammar Nazi ( in this case not grammar but still.... ), we need more ppl like you...

You queue also for dungeons and you get loot ( if you win the roll ) for doing something it takes 20min max, byt i bet you will say that getting loot from dungeons is super Ok because its a way to gear up. So doing something trivial as heroic dungeons with strangers and getting loot is Ok, but spending hours in lfr and getting 28.5g without ever getting loot is also ok?

And that is why I said you start with certain amount of % chance to get loot, i never said yeah killed boss i got all the loot from him, never!!! I participate in raids, been doing that since vanilla but hey i have a life and i dont have time to do raids with all the alts i have but i do want to have some useful gear on them, so that statement doesnt work like you thought it would....

Yes it does, it works in that way. You are doing something = you get reward, simple as that. And its not. You are doing lfr to get gear and not to see tactics since lfr is so much different then normal, not to mention heroic. So again that shoe/hat thing wont work either....

Yes i do...

As much as I sit there and slam my fists on the table in rage when I run an entire LFR HoF and ToES and don't get any Tier or Fist Weapons on my Enh Sham ... It passes and I happily wait for the next week when I can run LFR again.

I think the RNG is honestly the best way to run the System. I posted last week about how I had received no gear on my Sham but heaps on my lock, but Karma finally came around and this week I got like 5 pieces of loot (No Tier or weps but still)... The system doesn't need to be changed, OP's Idea would; destroy LFR longevity, would allow raiders to have super early access to things like 2 and 4 pc Tier without any RNG and you would lose that epic feeling you get when you see loot appear in that Box after you defeat the boss.

The Valor system is in place to help smooth out bad RNG, you can get a piece every 2 weeks (Except Helm/Legs) and there is Valor pieces for almost every slot ... We do not need another Token System.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-12-03 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Adding onto Luciferiuz's post, you're forgetting one key part of DKP: You can only spend DKP if your piece drops which has a set %. LFR also has a set %, and guess what, if it drops for ya (you win your roll), you get it. Just because you have 1000 dkp, it doesn't mean you get a piece of gear - the gear needs to drop first.
    But gear drops from boss on every kill, 6 on 25man, each boss has more then 30% chance to drop your gear ( 1 at least ), and i see bosses drop 2 of the same item many times. Also keep in mind that if no1 needs item you can get it for OS or even if you have negative DKP balance you can get it if you are the only one rolling on it. Having more dkp then next in line insures that you will get item when it drops and it will cost you certain amount of dkp points. Now tell me if you raid, has it ever happened in past 2 months that you boss you killed never ever dropped item you need?

People act like doing LFR is hard work, and that they DESERVE loot for doing it.

You spare a rough two hours out of your week, and have 16 chances at free epics. How much easier do you want it?

Your argument is predicated on the assumption that LFR and Dungeons were designed for the same purpose, which they weren't.

The progression is designed as follows:

Scenarios > Heroics > Raids > Heroic Raids

LFR is a bonus. It is there for people to see content. Yes, there is a chance to get loot, much like there is a chance to get an epic from a heroic.

It's there as a way for casuals to gradually get a little extra gear to compensate for the fact that they can't do normal mode raids in heroic blues like the rest of us.

This doesn't make it a loot pinata that everyone should win automatically, whether that's cumulative or otherwise.

You are getting valor points, which can be used to upgrade or purchase epics. That is the entirety of the reward you deserve - and it most definitely reflects the low amount of skill involved.

Anything you can complete by setting yourself to follow shouldn't reward epic loot with any kind of regularity.

Once again, I recommend taking a look at the description on the Raid Finder page of Blizzards website. Please link me what it says about loot so we can discuss this properly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Now tell me if you raid, has it ever happened in past 2 months that you boss you killed never ever dropped item you need?
    Yes. Guy in my guild has never got anything from Spirit Kings despite needing both.

I've never got anything from Garajal or Will that I need.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they are happy to continue to pay 15$ a month to play on a dead server but not fork out $20 once every 2 years to transfer to a better one?

... and we are supposed to respect this logic?
    I have 3 accounts of toons in itself. Want to pay for all of them to switch each expansion???

Learn some logic, okay?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I have 3 accounts of toons in itself. Want to pay for all of them to switch each expansion???

Learn some logic, okay?
    You raid on all 3 accounts simultaneously? and none of your characters are on an active server? or they are on servers which frequently become inactive between expansion?

... and I'm supposed to take this as evidence of any kind of a majority?

Just because you are a special snowflake doesn't mean I'm going to treat the entire community different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    People act like doing LFR is hard work, and that they DESERVE loot for doing it.
    It's no different than normal/heroic raiding, as no one is getting that loot by themselves.

It some ways it's a lot harder to raid in LFR because it accepts everyone, where raid guilds can be anal about recruits.

So for the headaches of a purely random group, and trying to get them to play as a team...yeah, it's HARD WORK.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 07:56 PM ----------

You raid on all 3 accounts simultaneously?
    You didn't even read what you're replying too. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I don't think the o.p. and I have the same definition of "brilliant."

I share your frustration at not having an item drop for a specific slot, but that's really just life. I've been after a weapon for forever and haven't gotten one. Same with 2 other slots. At the same time though as others pointed out, anyone who isn't running normal + versions of raids doesn't need to be fully epiced out just to blow through LFR every week. (Myself included) I'd love to get a sha-touched weapon just to mess around with the legendary questline a little more though.

THAT SAID: to those responding with "we have valor to fill slots we don't get items to drop for," I don't think that's a legit response. Valor covers, what, 6-7 slots, max? Sure you can craft some items if you happen to have the gold/mats, but eh. That covers half your slots or so, assuming you're willing to farm rep and valor which on alts isn't appealing at all even with 5.1 changes.

I'm the guy reminding you that if you look on the Raid Finder page on Blizzards website you will see that it says Raid Finder was created as a way of showing people raid content - not as a way for people to get loot.

I'm not turning on anyone, just correcting peoples entitled assumption that everything in the game was put there for the sole purpose of putting up your ilvl.

It isn't.
    And I'm the guy reminding you that BLIZZARD DECIDED LOOT SHOULD DROP ON LFR. The only one with the entitlement issues here is you.

Yes. Guy in my guild has never got anything from Spirit Kings despite needing both.

I've never got anything from Garajal or Will that I need.
    it didnt drop or you didnt got it due to low dkp? If you are doing 25man each week since the start then i somehow doubt item you need never drop, in 6+ weeks!!!

You didn't even read what you're replying too. -_-
    I read it several times. It wasn't long.

You implied that because you had 3 accounts and multiple toons you would somehow have to transfer all of them because the servers they were on didn't have active raids which is why LFR is the main way they choose to raid and the community shouldn't look down on LFR because maybe that's the only way some people get to raid.

I just don't follow how your plethora of characters somehow indicates a trend in the playerbase - or how it negates the assumption that most people would only have to transfer one character per expansion in order to raid on a regular population server without resorting to LFR as their main means of progression.

Problem? -_-

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    And I'm the guy reminding you that BLIZZARD DECIDED LOOT SHOULD DROP ON LFR. The only one with the entitlement issues here is you.
    Yes. They also decided it should be a small random chance, which is why complaining it doesn't drop with more regularity is an exercise in stupidity.

Much like replying to your comments.

Working as intended.

The question is: why are normal/heroic raiders in LFR?
    Valor points, off spec items, and potentially that last piece of gear for main spec.
    Last edited by Brytallica; 2012-12-03 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    it didnt drop or you didnt got it due to low dkp? If you are doing 25man each week since the start then i somehow doubt item you need never drop, in 6+ weeks!!!
    Needing both implies the dude was public raiding, as guilds will gear out important roles fast to progress faster.

A much easier solution would be to remove all gear from LFR. It's only purpose is to "see content" and there for gear isn't needed.

Yes. They also decided it should be a small random chance, which is why complaining it doesn't drop with more regularity is an exercise in stupidity.

Much like replying to your comments.
    According to a tweet I received recently from Ghostcrawler himself, feedback is ALWAYS WELCOME. You may not fucking like it but you don't make this game. The only exercise in stupidity is you bothering to enter this thread to bash someone with a suggestion. Who is the bigger fool?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read it several times. It wasn't long.

You implied that because you had 3 accounts and multiple toons you would somehow have to transfer all of them because the servers they were on didn't have active raids which is why LFR is the main way they choose to raid and the community shouldn't look down on LFR because maybe that's the only way some people get to raid.

I just don't follow how your plethora of characters somehow indicates a trend in the playerbase - or how it negates the assumption that most people would only have to transfer one character per expansion in order to raid on a regular population server without resorting to LFR as their main means of progression.

Problem? -_-
    The problem with respecting your own logic on this is you implied moving one toon around. My main is supported by an army of tradeskillers, he doesn't move without them.

It's my rules on transfers, not yours, which is why your whole premise about "respecting logic" was so patently wrong.

What you may do, is not what others will do, as you're not footing the bill.

Logic 101.

Needing both implies the dude was public raiding, as guilds will gear out important roles fast to progress faster.
    I would never join a guild who uses some system to decide who needs gear 1st and who is last on the list. This is why there is DKP system, so you will spend dkp you earned in order to get gear you need for participating in your guild raids....