Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The conquest grind is even more retarded this time around.

If you miss even 1 week you cannot compete, thanks to item upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    bought the 450 blue set on my druid, win most of my games, fully geared in 466 now. i fail to see your point. if you have gear issues, buy the damn blue gear, its a max of 500g even on my screwed economy server
    LMAO 500-700 per piece on my server

Also the set is shit imo not really worth buying I see 0 improvement over my 440 quest blues.
    Besides even with 60% resil and a 40% damage reduction CD up warriors, mages, and locks can still 3 shot you not to mention the entire pvp aspect of the game has degraded into a Massive cc fest.
    Last edited by Madmajix; 2012-12-02 at 01:22 PM.

Welcome to the club mang.

Personally I think that honor gear should be free at max level and BG's could award a little more Conquest Points on victory + gold, honor kills could also give a decent amount of gold.

But knowing Blizzard this will never happen. More grind = more time wasted doing stuff you dont like = more money for Blizzard.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    So, time to start botting till I can actually play and have fun.
    i'd say time to get perma-banned and leave the game for good. it's obviously not a game for you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Personally I think that honor gear should be free at max level
    because of people like you, most games are boring nowadays.

Man the fuck up, no one wants to hear you crying about something that's been a part of this game for years.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    LMAO 500-700 per piece on my server

Also the set is shit imo not really worth buying I see 0 improvement over my 440 quest blues.
    Besides even with 60% resil and a 40% damage reduction CD up warriors, mages, and locks can still 3 shot you not to mention the entire pvp aspect of the game has degraded into a Massive cc fest.
    Try to reequip your blue gear, or go into a bg or two with 463 HC gear, and i'm fairly sure you go crawling back to 458-gear a bit afterwards.

You can even get full 458-set from just doing HCs if you don't like being killed.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I was using that as an example, and assuming you don't BoE the hell out of your new 90, which is the PvE equivalent of having lots of PvP gear close to dinging. And, have you looked at trade chat lately? "Must have T1 wep for random BG farming" "muist be ilvl 470+ for normal MSV" = no way a new 90 could do anything unless you have connections or have a lot of gold.

That's beside the point really - and, aren't the 450 BoE PvP pieces and a 463 PvE weapon/trinkets good enough for random BGs?
    I do wonder, considering how he is so happy to bot, where he gets his gold from. Someone who bots is a cheat and gold buying is just another cheat. Easy to get gear fast with a credit card no doubt ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    because of people like you, most games are boring nowadays.
    Because having to spend 50 hours to get full blue conquest gear so you can play on equal terms in arena and bgs is a good design...

I have already done the honor grind on my priest, but I recently rerolled to warlock. Sure it took some time to level from 85-90, and 1-600 in two professions, as well as setting up addons etc. But the actual pre-raid gear grind didnt take longer than one evening. And it took me no longer than 3 raid nights to get in 490 ilvl.
    One evening of honor farming awarded me with... Guess what.. One piece of honor gear... Now repeat 10 times.. wtf.

When it comes to pvp I have the choice of sticking to 60% pvp power and 65% resilience on my shadow priest, or 5% pvp power and 42% resilience.. Guess what is the most fun to play.. Making a basic BG set would at least make the honor farming enjoyable.

Awesome design indeed, and 5.1 improved it a lot too!

I really tried to get into pvp this season, and I was well into glad range on my priest.. But no more than one and a half month of MoP pvp killed my enthusiasm.

I'm at my wits end with PvP in WoW.

I just got the game on black friday so I am behind in the gearing curve, so that means I get my ass handed to me in PvP.

This is not fun.

I win about 1 in every 5 BGs I get into, giving me an average honor earned about 150 per BG and each BG lasts on average 10 minutes.

That is 900 honor/hour.

A full set of upgraded blue PvP gear costs 44500 honor. At 900/hour that is 50 hours of getting my ass handed to me because I'm not geared. Why would I or anyone else want this?

So, time to start botting till I can actually play and have fun.
    Crafted gear. Get some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even consider botting an option. You'll get through this without it, and you'll be better for it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get the full craftable pvp set and use your skills. Now you will no longer be owned and actually be able to win by defending a base, capping a flag or smashing bad bad orcs/gnomes.

Deleted
    Ive seen more aliance bots then horde but have noticed some on horde lately in bg's

Assuming your losing 4/5 BG's because of bots... Irony.

the only people that hate on botters are bracket guards and bg heroes. grinding sucks. especially with the upgrade system. deal with it.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

OP, dont be an ass hat. Everyone else that is PvP geared all did it the same way. if you dont like it, go blow some up some one elses ass. We all had to gear the same way you are. Its not hard, stop being a little bitch. Botting isnt the answer, that just means you are too lazy and lack the skills to PvP, so it isnt a WoW problem, its a L2P issue.

just stick to Ps3, wow seems to be above your head. Let the big kids handle wow pvp, i think it's time for your nap now.

Why not just craft the actual starter pvp set? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is with the game, not with the people trying to play it for fun (but can't because the grind for a starter set is ridiculous)
    So you're getting your ass handed to you doing random pvp with people who aren't necessarily good, and then when you lose because either you are bad or everyone else is dicking around, you resort to cheating...

Mind= blown. Maybe you just need a break from PvP... I mean what, are you expecting blizzard to screen every individual player to see who is worthy of doing PvP or not? Are you asking for free PvP gear??

Deleted
    At least half the people i encounter in BG's are also undergeared, i don't see know you think everyone's running them in full conq gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to bot by any means. Sure, it's going to be a little rough at first, but it gets better and better with every new PvP item you get. You aren't the only person who has no PvP gear, yet do PvP anyway to gear up. Just try to enjoy yourself while you are at it. Consider it as practice for the upcoming fights with friends.

If PvP is seriously that infuriating, maybe you should consider doing something else? We all play for fun, after all. At least I hope we do.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-12-02 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho42 View Post
    Assuming your losing 4/5 BG's because of bots... Irony.
    I believe the OP said he was losing due to gear discrepancy and the game is designed in a way so that closing the gear gap by grinding seems like it'll take forever. The bots part was that OP is considering botting now to make the gear grind easier.

the suggestions to buy the blue crafted gear is good - if these are not rated BGs then I mean I know losing sucks but non-rated ones are kinda for laughs and just to gear up, i think we've all hit those terrible 9/10 loss streaks. I say do only as much as doesn't fustrate you, if you bot understand the consequences if you get caught and that you are only adding to the problem - but no one can stop you from here so do what you feel you must to enjoy the game.