Looking for a bit of help for our tank. - Logs

Hey guys, I'm a healer in a small guild, slowly getting through normal MSV....yes, yes I know.

Anyways, I've finally convinced the guild to start using WorldofLogs, and while I can gather information regarding what can help our healers, and our dps, I'm in the dark of what we can do, to improve our tanks.

Here are the logs of our raid last night, note: this is only the first 4 bosses in MSV, since we seem to be failing on Elegon, we now do it on a seperate night. If there is anything you guys see that would help us out, I'd love to hear it. Only thing I found, that might be an issue, is that his DPS seems to be a bit low, even for a tank. As I can not post links, you'll need to take out the "DOT."
    wwwDOTworldoflogsDOTcom/reports/rt-f8r07tgaxqu1jx00/details/1/?enc=kills

10+ Year Old Account
    His disease uptime is fairly low, and his cooldown usage is pretty close to Abysmal. His DPS is just about spot on for if he is prioritizing survival over damage.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ergri/advanced
    There is a Mastery to hands enchant he could have, but that is very minor. The Dancing Rune Weapon glyph is a DPS loss, since you said his damage might be low.

Deleted
    stone dogs
    so he should prepot on the pull, and while not really a massive gain should do in the fight as well - can couple as a CD 4000 parry for 25 secs is quite nice sometimes
    he has boneshield on the pull which is good - since long duration can basicaly keep higher uptime like this, but he only uses it once again in the fight near the end - could of been used 4-5 times easy
    army should really be used on the pull for the dps gain and not in the fight kinda just waste unless a specific mechanic requires otherwise.
    some of his crimson scourge procs he is sitting on too long.
    and DRW should pretty much be used on CD on this type of fight just for the dps inscrease.

improvements would be just higher uptime of diesease and CDs

feng
    pretty much the same - cd usage slightly better than dogs but still kinda bad, and uptime on diesiease should be higher.

troll
    same again - main point on this one is sat on crimson scourge procs for a very long time. but better desiease uptime. on this fight deathpacting your pet - gives a very nice damage inscrease in the other realm, if damage isnt that high so might be worth doing if not needing the healing on the tank.

kings

AMS should be used at the end of cowardice this absorbs the damage effect and also means you come out with no buff (used 5 secs til end of phase) which is nice since meng hits like a truck on meth
    cd usage pretty poor again
    even when not tanking can keep boneshield up so its got higher uptime and usally off CD when needed. its also not advised to spread dots to your friends when MCed - kinda damaging while low ticking still waste of healers mana.

sum up
    should get something to track buffs like power auras or weak auras since his uptime is pretty poor and should use army on pull not mid fight. also might want to get glpyh of VB since the extra healing is kinda better in most cases than the small hp increase

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    stone dogs
    so he should prepot on the pull, and while not really a massive gain should do in the fight as well - can couple as a CD 4000 parry for 25 secs is quite nice sometimes
    he has boneshield on the pull which is good - since long duration can basicaly keep higher uptime like this, but he only uses it once again in the fight near the end - could of been used 4-5 times easy
    army should really be used on the pull for the dps gain and not in the fight kinda just waste unless a specific mechanic requires otherwise.
    some of his crimson scourge procs he is sitting on too long.
    and DRW should pretty much be used on CD on this type of fight just for the dps inscrease.

improvements would be just higher uptime of diesease and CDs

feng
    pretty much the same - cd usage slightly better than dogs but still kinda bad, and uptime on diesiease should be higher.

troll
    same again - main point on this one is sat on crimson scourge procs for a very long time. but better desiease uptime. on this fight deathpacting your pet - gives a very nice damage inscrease in the other realm, if damage isnt that high so might be worth doing if not needing the healing on the tank.

kings

AMS should be used at the end of cowardice this absorbs the damage effect and also means you come out with no buff (used 5 secs til end of phase) which is nice since meng hits like a truck on meth
    cd usage pretty poor again
    even when not tanking can keep boneshield up so its got higher uptime and usally off CD when needed. its also not advised to spread dots to your friends when MCed - kinda damaging while low ticking still waste of healers mana.

sum up
    should get something to track buffs like power auras or weak auras since his uptime is pretty poor and should use army on pull not mid fight. also might want to get glpyh of VB since the extra healing is kinda better in most cases than the small hp increase
    Thanks a ton to both of you, for your help. this detailed fight breakdown, will definitely help. I'll have him take a look at this as soon as I can. Again, thanks a lot for your help fellas.