Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It depends on the attitude but, overall, I disagree. To me legendaries are iconic because they're so rare, regardless of whether I have the item or not, and seeing a large number of players running around with them makes them feel less 'legendary'.
    All legendary means is "this item has a shit drop rate and takes more effort to farm up", thats it.

Hiding it away in a bank or bag slot doesn't make it any less rare, it just becomes a rare piece of vendor trash vanity item, which is certainly not legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    All legendary means is "this item has a shit drop rate and takes more effort to farm up", thats it.

Hiding it away in a bank or bag slot doesn't make it any less rare, it just becomes a rare piece of vendor trash vanity item, which is certainly not legendary.
    well, it IS a vanity item

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 10:21 AM ----------

Anyway, from today's homepage:

Transmog of legendary items is still under debate, but is somewhat likely for the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    well, it IS a vanity item
    No more or less so than any other piece of gear, it is just a weapon like any other that happens to have an Orange colour and a worse drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    No more or less so than any other piece of gear
    Quite more in my opinion.
    But that's just my opinion, apparently it is likely the transmog will be allowed in the future, I just hope Chaozu's prediction is right.

And for heaven's sake if oranges will be allowed but whites and grays won't I'll be really pissed.
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    What I would like to see is vendor making any Cataclysm and below gear BOA, stripping it out of the stats in the process.
    Solves 2 problems:
    -Bag space on mains. You can now hold old tiers on level 1 bank alt with its guild bank, yay!
    -Farming specific items. No more farming 6 months for one frigging piece which refuses to drop. Soulbound gear only should matter in current content tbh.

People define themselves by others waaaaaaay too much, this game has convinced me. It's the weapon that's supposed to be legendary, in the RPG sense, not the person who has it. Everybody could have a Thunderfury and it wouldn't make it less 'legendary' vis a vis the player because nobody cared that you had it in the first place. It's legendary because of the story they built around it and the detail (way more than the difficulty) that they put into how it is obtained.

Funny thing is, I really don't think they would be that popular as skins anyway. Others have said why; people are usually looking for a unique look, or a coordinated one at least, and the legendary weapons don't match a lot of things. Or, people have them to have them. I have, in my occasional boredom, now farmed TF and Sulfuras on my Paladin, and still have some thoughts about finishing the Shadowmourne I was working on in Wrath. But I don't think I'd mog any of them, they don't really "go" with anything. With TF, I'd want to use it... as a 2H, but it's not a 2H, and I don't see them changing transmog that drastically. With Sulfuras... I actually think the subtle differences make the Firelands version look better. Shadow's Edge/Shadowmourne aren't even my favorite axe models; I've always loved Stormedge off Hodir.

Every new change will have a fad period; I remember when City of Heroes got trenchcoats, people joked it had turned into City of Neo. But then that stopped. Same with legendaries in WoW -- everybody and Bob will mog it, and then they'll unmog it, and by the time the people who started farming them because of mog have them, they'll probably be the only ones mogging them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I want Sandrene's Invisible Chest to be moggable.
    This.

And don't tell me "but fembelf rogues will run about topless!!!!" Who cares. It's quite the double standard when you're allowed to use Vestments of the Shifting Sands, which reveals as much as the Red Bra. And furthermore, there are plate pieces we are allowed to use that reveal more than the Red Bra, so who gives a shit.

Being topless is not even why I want it anyways. My rogue had a great pirate set up going on using the Swashbuckler shirt, but I needed the vest to hide her chestpiece and show the shirt. Can't do that now.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    With "silly" I wasn't referring to Sandrene's, however in that particular case I believe it would make more sense to allow hiding the chest piece via UI than to make it available for transmog, as that would limit the option to those people who saved the quest item.
    I posted on the forums back when transmog was still an upcoming feature that there should be new invisible chestpieces added for every armor type so every class can use shirt graphics (or go shirtless like a demon hunter) if they desired.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    If legendaries were made transmoggable then more people would be going back to farm them, which would increase the numbers you see on the server, which would reduce the 'legendary' feel I mentioned before.
    More people might farm them . . . but it still takes a very long time and a lot of dedication to get them so I doubt you'd see a significant increase of legendaries.

I've still yet to see one binding for thunderfury and I haven't had enough sulfuron ingots drop to come close to finishing my sulfuras.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I posted on the forums back when transmog was still an upcoming feature that there should be new invisible chestpieces added for every armor type so every class can use shirt graphics (or go shirtless like a demon hunter) if they desired.
    I may be wrong but I believe Blizzard is more likely to allow chest piece hiding via UI options than doing what you proposed.

Only thing I'd like to see would be 2handers and 1handers being moggable with any kind of weapon (axe/mace/sword), just cuz I'm not a fan of maces and haven't found many to my liking. Changing my mace into an axe or a sword would be a welcome change to me.