Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 14 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    It should, if that person's parents did not have them circumcised it is absolutely their decision once they are old enough and well informed enough.

Other than that, no. It's up to the parents, some do it or don't do it based on religion, I'm not religious in the least but that's their perogative.

Circumcised men are 4.5 more likely to develop E.D. because there are at least 4.5 times as many circumcised men, I know math is hard, but it's the same percentage out of each group, about 12% chance either way.

The bottom line is it should be the parents decision, for whatever reason they choose. You will NEVER hear a person who has been circumcised say "I wish my parents had let me choose", or "I wish I wasn't circumcised", same with the other side. If you do they are lying. You can't miss what you never had.
    what is e.d?

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I'm circumcised and wish my parents had left it up to me.

Especially after I read that a large portion of nerve endings are in the foreskin and keratinization of the glans makes it even less sensitive.
    Isn't the sensitivity issue diffrent per person though? A lot say yeah i lost it and a lot say i didn't. Wich is understandable as every body is diffrent and reacts to diffrent things in differ ways!

This is not an issue I really care about because there really isn't much of a debate about this here, you don't cut your son's forskin off, no one does, unless it's for a cultural/relgious reason(jews and muslims).

That being said, if I have a son I will not have him circumcised.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Calling it mutilation is hyperbole and quite laughable. I'm not even religious, and using such hyperbole doesn't make an argument more convincing or support your statements.
    It's intentionally being presented as hyperbole.

And it's still technically mutilation.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    People, please help me out here. The circumcised overwhelmingly support the procedure, and the uncircumcised are against it. Do none of you uncircumcised find that odd? Those who are circumcised should have far more say as to whether it is appropriate or not than those of you who are not.

Why is it that all you uncircumcised people are somehow experts on the topic, yet you disregard the peoples opinions who are actually circumcised?
    The ones we should be asking is the women then? And they seem to agree that uncircumcised penises are more pleasurable.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2012-12-04 at 10:20 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    What is mutilation then, if not cutting off a part of one's body?
    Probably the intent.

Female genital mutilation has "no known health benefits", is "painful and traumatic, it interferes with the natural functioning of the body and causes several immediate and long-term health consequences". (http://www.unifem.org/attachments/pr...t_2008_eng.pdf)

Male circumcision has potential health benefits and the immediate one being your chance of getting a UTI before you're 1 year old is reduced 10 times (from 1% to .1%)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    I was circumcised as a baby, and I wish I hadn't been. I honestly don't think it's something that should be done to children before they have the ability to decide for themselves what they want.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It's intentionally being presented as hyperbole.

And it's still technically mutilation.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:19 PM ----------

The ones we should be asking is the women then? And they seem to agree that uncircumcised penises are more pleasurable.
    They also seem to agree that it is hideously ugly, as one posters wife admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    As someone who is circumsized it really doesn't bother me in the slightest
    I feel the same way. My parents weren't even particularly religious.

Female circumcision is nothing like male circumcision... Comparing the two is completely unfair to those who have to suffer through female circumcision.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I was circumcised as a baby, and I wish I hadn't been. I honestly don't think it's something that should be done to children before they have the ability to decide for themselves what they want.
    Is there something wrong with the way you "are" down there? Why do you regret having it done? Is there something you feel like you're not getting by being circumcised? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Female circumcision is nothing like male circumcision... Comparing the two is completely unfair to those who have to suffer through female circumcision.
    In fact, Female Circumcision isn't even called that because that ACTUALLY IS genital mutilation.
    Female genital mutilation has "no known health benefits", is "painful and traumatic, it interferes with the natural functioning of the body and causes several immediate and long-term health consequences".
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Probably the intent.

Female genital mutilation has "no known health benefits", is "painful and traumatic, it interferes with the natural functioning of the body and causes several immediate and long-term health consequences". (http://www.unifem.org/attachments/pr...t_2008_eng.pdf)

Male circumcision has potential health benefits and the immediate one being your chance of getting a UTI before you're 1 year old is reduced 10 times (from 1% to .1%)
    The downside being the lack of sensitivity, lack of choice and the general cutting of genitalia

Deleted
    We are evolved - super intelligent species wandering around on this globe. We look for adjustments all the time because evolution/changes doesn't happen right now. If we have the intelligence and crafts-work to make adjustments, we do it. As long as it stays harmless, there is no reason to be fanatic over being pro or against.

heck, we won't even need hair in the future! We all will look like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    I am so glad my Catholic parents were smart enough to tidy up down there. That would just be weird to not have what I consider to be normal. Moreover, I don't remember even a snipit of the process.
    i was raised catholic as well and thats why my parents DIDNT get me snipped. somehow it came up at dinner one time and they said they wanted me to look like the other guys id end up in highschool with.

and they were right, there was one kid on the football team in highschool who was circumsised and the rest of us mercilessly bullied him for "being a jew"

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there something wrong with the way you "are" down there? Why do you regret having it done? Is there something you feel like you're not getting by being circumcised? Just curious.

In fact, Female Circumcision isn't even called that because that ACTUALLY IS genital mutilation.
    No, nothing is "wrong" with it. I just think it should have been my choice. Plus, I've heard it's likely more pleasurable when you still have your foreskin. I don't see any reason why people should be allowed to remove parts of my body without my expressed approval.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    We are evolved - super intelligent species wandering around on this globe. We look for adjustments all the time because evolution/changes doesn't happen right now. If we have the intelligence and crafts-work to make adjustments, we do it. As long as it stays harmless, there is no reason to be fanatic over being pro or against.

heck, we won't even need hair in the future! We all will look like this:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...neer-image.jpg
    He looks pretty good! Don't know what message you're trying to deliver if any, But does having hair in this day and age actually matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No, nothing is "wrong" with it. I just think it should have been my choice. Plus, I've heard it's likely more pleasurable when you still have your foreskin. I don't see any reason why people should be allowed to remove parts of my body without my expressed approval.
    Did you ever tell your parents that? if so what did they say?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    People, please help me out here. The circumcised overwhelmingly support the procedure, and the uncircumcised are against it. Do none of you uncircumcised find that odd? Those who are circumcised should have far more say as to whether it is appropriate or not than those of you who are not.

Why is it that all you uncircumcised people are somehow experts on the topic, yet you disregard the peoples opinions who are actually circumcised?
    Because culturally, at least in the US, it's considered normal. Which is an evolutionary falsehood, and the science and religion that support circumcision are likely falsehoods as well.

Also of course everyone, circumcised or not, is going to say they're doing fine since we have all (for the most part) only lived one way or the other. Relative pleasure, pain, etc, are RELATIVE.

I don't even understand how this is a debate? Circumcision is a normal medical procedure that should just be done for all young males.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ignoring the religions aspect and masturbation, it's actually healthy to be circumcized because there's some unhealthy bacteria that usually gather in that area. When a person is circumcized, said bacterias evolve much, much harder.
    Under the foreskin doesn't get any dirtier than your armpits, fof example. Guess that's why we amputate our arms to keep our armpits clean. oh, wait a second...

If a person needs to be mutilated because he can't swipe his penis once a day in the shower he should be taking anyway, he's got enough issues for a dirty foreskin to be the least of them. Especially considering that contrary to the fallacies in the quote, that area does not get any dirtier than armpits and the like. Are you seriously that inept in your personal hygiene that you have to cut off parts of your body you can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds a day cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    i was raised catholic as well and thats why my parents DIDNT get me snipped. somehow it came up at dinner one time and they said they wanted me to look like the other guys id end up in highschool with.

and they were right, there was one kid on the football team in highschool who was circumsised and the rest of us mercilessly bullied him for "being a jew"
    Really because i was raised Catholic as well and got my turtleneck removed as a baby, and in the locker room there was never a guy that wasent. Im certain if there was he would have gotten made fun of constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    He looks pretty good! Don't know what message you're trying to deliver if any, But does having hair in this day and age actually matter?

Did you ever tell your parents that? if so what did they say?
    Yeah lots of touch receptors in follicles, helps you feel things like mosquitos landing on your skin

Deleted
    Probably the intent.

I'm not an expert on that topic, but I guess the risk of dying from that is very low, or not? No reason to run around without a foreskin for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-12-04 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Circumcised men are 4.5 more likely to develop E.D. because there are at least 4.5 times as many circumcised men, I know math is hard, but it's the same percentage out of each group, about 12% chance either way.
    Math is especially hard for you it seems, because that's completely wrong.

OT: Yes it should be the person's own choice. If your parents leave you intact and you want to have it removed at a later time, all well and good. If they have it removed and you wish you had a foreskin later on in life, then tough luck. Although maybe modern medical science can enable you to grow a new one. That said I don't think most men who were circumcised at birth really mind too much, since they don't know or remember what it was like to have a foreskin to begin with and have no basis for comparison.

Personal opinion: I am glad I am not circumcised and would never want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Really because i was raised Catholic as well and got my turtleneck removed as a baby, and in the locker room there was never a guy that wasent. Im certain if there was he would have gotten made fun of constantly.
    What makes you think you would have been made fun of? Speaking strictly about the locker room, I was never ever bothered by anyone about it. I've even had a couple guys say I was lucky I still had mine.
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-12-04 at 10:34 PM.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.