Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Foreign girls love American guys, id put money on the fact that their dicks dont wear turtle necks being one of the reasons for that.
    HA! That's the quote of the day for me on MMOChamp. One of the rare cases I legit laughed out loud at.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I'm from the US and it is mutilation.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    wow that's a lot of assumptions
    Idk about the foreign girls loving american guys part. But i do think he's right when he said your parents can make decisions for you untill you can for yourself.

Deleted
    If you consider the amount of people who are unhygienic - a circumcision can prevent malicious bacteria growing at that part.
    One of my friends who cba to wash correctly - he just showers every now and then -a bacteria infected his pee hole.
    It doesn't hurt much when it is done when you are younger, when you are older, you can get sick as shit.
    And for those who think your penis stops growing after circumcision at a young age...no.

Now I had to be circumcised for the sole reason I tend to travel a lot (i can have some weeks without proper shower etc), an infection at that area is the last thing I want. I underwent the surgery on advice of the doctor after a full health check up. And my love life improved since then but i don't think it has a correlation with it. But, Many girls 'I met' prefer circumcised guys. iykwim

I would give children who reached min 12 years, to decide over it. any younger is not plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    wow that's a lot of assumptions
    Well technically its one assumption, but one im willing to stand behind completely, being turtleneck free. The other is a fact, your parents have the legal right to make every decision for you that they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ignoring the religions aspect and masturbation, it's actually healthy to be circumcized because there's some unhealthy bacteria that usually gather in that area. When a person is circumcized, said bacterias evolve much, much harder.

Also, it's not like it stops masturbation, it just makes it harder.

We were born with quite a few stuff that aren't so useful to modern humans to be honest.

http://www.bloggingwv.com/20-useless...-we-need-them/

The wisdom teeth are one of the issues with which many of has had to deal with for example.
    Get the hell out. My father and his father before me were never mutilated by these religious fanatics and they're very much alive and healthy. You're all being lied to, smartasses. How can ALTERING YOUR PERFECT BODY make it HEALTHIER? WHEN HAS THIS -EVER- happened?

The other is a fact, your parents have the legal right to make every decision for you that they see fit.
    explain to me how slapping your kid is frowned upon and even illegal but putting a scalpel near his genitals and taking a life changing decision for him is not.

Are you aware that the glans/foreskin is the most sensitive part of the penis? You're destroying a shit load of nerves in the name of Allah.

But if we hear of Female Circumcision all shit flips out. Double fucking standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Noticing a pattern here. US users defending it, European Users against it / pointing out it's an oddity. One word really, culture.
    This. Don't you uncircumcised people find it somewhat odd that all the circumcised people support the practice? The majority of men I know were circumcised when they were infants, and in fact, in the US, it's quite rare to find a boy who is not circumcised. We are all doing just fine, and for the most part support the practice. The question I would pose to you is shouldn't we, the circumcised, have more say about the practice than most of you who have no clue what it is to be circumcised?

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    False. The gall bladder concentrates bile and aids in the digestion of lipids. The appendix acts as a reservoir for endemic gut flora from which normal populations are established following severe intestinal disease. The foreskin has a function, as the glans is naturally a semi-internal organ much like the eyeball or gum. Lastly, if female circumcision = mutilation, then why not male?

It's barbaric and outdated, and it's only defenses are based in superstition, religious baggage, and false information.
    Because female circumcision isn't anywhere in a comparable realm and for you to ask that question makes me question your credibility.

Also, there are reasons for circumcision. Unless you want to call reputable medical institutions unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Get the hell out. My father and his father before me were never mutilated by these religious fanatics and they're very much alive and healthy. You're all being lied to, smartasses. How can ALTERING YOUR PERFECT BODY make it HEALTHIER? WHEN HAS THIS -EVER- happened?
    Are you actually serious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Always has if your child was a female, see all the furor around the world a while back over african genital mutilations. Why the double standard?
    To play devils advocate, FGM is far, far, far worse.

Unless you want to call reputable medical institutions unreliable.
    To also plays devils advocate on the opposite side, it's certainly not beyond health professionals to produce biased results to suit their needs, whether they be monetary or cultural. I'm fairly certain the pharmaceutical industry is known for doing so.
    Last edited by mmoc65a9be75bb; 2012-12-04 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    But i do think he's right when he said your parents can make decisions for you untill you can for yourself.
    They can and they can't, that's the whole issue here, isn't it? it depends on the subject and country.

your parents have the legal right to make every decision for you that they see fit.
    No, only the decisions that are allowed by law, and this varies from country to country. In some countries female circumcision is legal, in others it's not.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2012-12-04 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    If you consider the amount of people who are unhygienic - a circumcision can prevent malicious bacteria growing at that part.
    One of my friends who cba to wash correctly - he just showers every now and then -a bacteria infected his pee hole.
    It doesn't hurt much when it is done when you are younger, when you are older, you can get sick as shit.
    And for those who think your penis stops growing after circumcision at a young age...no.

Now I had to be circumcised for the sole reason I tend to travel a lot (i can have some weeks without proper shower etc), an infection at that area is the last thing I want. I underwent the surgery on advice of the doctor after a full health check up. And my love life improved since then but i don't think it has a correlation with it. But, Many girls 'I met' prefer circumcised guys. iykwim
    And somehow you see genital mutilation as a more reasonable solution than people just washing their nasty ass?

Your buddy didn't get a UTI cause he was uncircumcised, he got one from being disgustingly filthy. He needs a bar of soap, not a bris.
    I'm uncut, and have never once had any kind of cleanliness problems. My wife actually commented once that I was the cleanest guy she'd been with in that regard. Also I'm american, for those keeping count on the who is pro/con thing.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    This. Don't you uncircumcised people find it somewhat odd that all the circumcised people support the practice? The majority of men I know were circumcised when they were infants, and in fact, in the US, it's quite rare to find a boy who is not circumcised. We are all doing just fine, and for the most part support the practice. The question I would pose to you is shouldn't we, the circumcised, have more say about the practice than most of you who have no clue what it is to be circumcised?
    That's probaly the best post on this topic.

I see a lot of guys who're uncut railing against it. And I see guy who're cut, saying it's cool with me, I'll have it done to my son... If it were so damn awful wouldn't we, the ones who went through it and have lived with it be the ones who should be railing against it if it were so bad?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Because female circumcision isn't anywhere in a comparable realm and for you to ask that question makes me question your credibility.

Also, there are reasons for circumcision. Unless you want to call reputable medical institutions unreliable.
    Link one reputable medical institution that advocates the necessity of non-medical circumcision.

I'll wait.

TL;DR version: yes, it should be a person's choice, but this thread is ignoring the overwhelming evidence that shows circumcision reduces risk of a number of health issues for the circumcised person, and also the risk of transmitting The AiDS virus(regardless of your choice of partner) or other STD by a huge amount.

The likelihood of getting an STD if you have unprotected sex with an uncircumcised partner is orders of magnitude higher than with a circumcised partner. (sure, you should use protection, but 19 million cases a year makes it clear people don't.)

There is a reason Jews and Muslims have been doing it for so long; it works.

Female circumcision, however, is just plain mutilation that serves no functional purpose whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They can and they can't, that's the whole issue here, isn't it? it depends on the subject and country.
    Well in a lot of countries you can decide for your children pretty freely. I just find it weird to see people calling it mutilation when someome gets circumciced But i'm sure a lot of those people find abortion ok. These are diffrent subjects i know But if circumcision isn't ok the other one shouldn't be ok at all. When it comes to deciding for yourself neither can. if its done from birth that is!

10+ Year Old Account
    to be honest, im circumsized and i masterbait quite a bit lol. Also it doesnt bother me, if fact i cant imagine my penis not circumsized lol,
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

I don't see how it's mutilation to be honest. Sure it fits the textbook definition of it, but it's just some skin on your penis.
    Yet another misinformed poster.

The foreskin covers the most sensitive part of your penis. When you cut it you expose the glans to the outside environment that will slowly make it lose its sensitivity.

it should be a person's choice, but this thread is ignoring the overwhelming evidence that shows circumcision reduces risk of a number of health issues for the circumcised person, and also the risk of transmitting The AiDS virus(regardless of your choice of partner) or other STD by a huge amount.
    Bullshit bullshit bullshit. A thousand times bullshit.

You're cutting the liver before it develops a tumor. It's like cutting my balls because they -MIGHT- get cancerous at some point in my life.

As for STDs, you're not supposed to have unprotected sex with strangers, anyway.

Reputable? THEY SELL THE FORESKIN TISSUE FOR RESEARCH. THEY GET MONEY FROM IT. DAMN STRAIGHT THEY SAY IT'S GOOD.

Get your head out of the sand.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2012-12-04 at 09:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Are you actually serious?
    Welllll he's kind of right. Sort of. What are you referring to that would counter his argument? There's at least one case, that being modern medicine, but are there any others?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Foreign girls love American guys, id put money on the fact that their dicks dont wear turtle necks being one of the reasons for that.
    Are you aware that the glans/foreskin is the most sensitive part of the penis? You're destroying a shit load of nerves in the name of Allah.
    HAHAHAHAHA.

The one liners in this thread are killing me.

explain to me how slapping your kid is frowned upon and even illegal but putting a scalpel near his genitals and taking a life changing decision for him is not.

But if we hear of Female Circumcision all shit flips out. Double fucking standards.
    Allah doesnt have shit to do with this, not being a religious man myself, and being turtleneck free i fully support the practice. If i have a son he will have his turtleneck removed as well because its just normal, if you like it or not.