Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 68 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes however will America survive when 77% of the male populace has lost a critical part of their reproductive organs!?

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion I dont think I would want my child circumcised, as I do not identify with any religion at all.

I am however circumcised, and my mom is not even religious, which is weird. But I guess it has evolved to just be a normal thing in the U.S.
    I also am not going to be upset or hate my mom for having me circumcised, it simply is not that big of a deal to me personally.

Some of us have plenty to spare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember the pain from it and it has never caused me any harm/dysfunction, so I don't mind it in the least bit. I believe the parents should be allowed to decide circumcision or no circumcision. If the child decides in its adult life that it wants its foreskin, there are ways to restore foreskin.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    I don't remember the pain from it and it has never caused me any harm/dysfunction, so I don't mind it in the least bit. I believe the parents should be allowed to decide circumcision or no circumcision. If the child decides in its adult life that it wants its foreskin, there are ways to restore foreskin.
    Usually with much less risk of complications as opposed to adult circumcision too. Assuming non-surgical means, which is usually not suggested anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ignoring the religions aspect and masturbation, it's actually healthy to be circumcized because there's some unhealthy bacteria that usually gather in that area. When a person is circumcized, said bacterias evolve much, much harder.

Also, it's not like it stops masturbation, it just makes it harder.

Edit: Since people like to quote this upper part and say "oh, maybe if you don't wash" or other crap, here, some links that explain better all the benefits of circumcision:
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Circumc...dvantages.aspx
    "There are several potential advantages and disadvantages associated with circumcising boys shortly after they are born.

For example:

Circumcision reduces the risk of developing a urinary tract infection (UTI), such as a bladder infection.
    Circumcision reduces the risk of getting some types of sexually transmitted infections such as HIV.
    Circumcision reduces the risk of developing cancer of the penis."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/27/sc...says.html?_r=0
    "The American Academy of Pediatrics has shifted its stance on infant male circumcision, announcing on Monday that new research, including studies in Africa suggesting that the procedure may protect heterosexual men against H.I.V., indicated that the health benefits outweighed the risks. "

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cir...N=why-its-done
    "Circumcision might have various health benefits, including:

Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. Washing beneath the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis is generally easy, however.
    Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The overall risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.
    Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.
    Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.
    Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.

Circumcision might not be an option if certain blood-clotting disorders are present. In addition, circumcision might not be appropriate for premature babies who still require medical care in the hospital nursery.

Circumcision doesn't affect fertility, nor is circumcision generally thought to enhance or detract from sexual pleasure for men or their partners. "

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...-male-infants/
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.or....full.pdf+html
    http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditio...e/circumcision
    http://www.circinfo.com/benefits/bmc.html

Well would you look at all these links! Guess circumcision does bring a benefit that you wouldn't get by "just washing".

We were born with quite a few stuff that aren't so useful to modern humans to be honest.

http://www.bloggingwv.com/20-useless...-we-need-them/

The wisdom teeth are one of the issues with which many of has had to deal with for example.
    This, I was circumcised because of the health benefits I believe, and honestly I am glad I was circumcised as a baby so I don't remember the pain at all

There are lots of benefits to it from what it seems.

And honestly the biggest risks are sexual pleasure reasons
    Harder to get an orgasm apparently? (don't know if true or not)
    Harder to masturbate (Alright?)

I would say Health > Pleasure, so it really shouldn't be banned.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    I don't understand why you think not being able to remember it happening by the time you grow up changes anything.
    Because I was circumcised, I don't remember it all, heck I didn't even know until my parents dropped it on me one day.

And then there are health benefits to it, and honestly if what guy would be willing to do it once they got old enough to make the decision them self (and by this I mean, not do it because they don't want to remember the pain).

Babies have surgery, is surgery unethical because it could cause pain? You could say it has health benefits, well so does circumcision apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If foreskin was actually "important and useful", this would be a more interesting argument.
    See the information cited in various places throughout this thread about the drawbacks of circumcision.

Or use common sense. Gee, I wonder if that sheath over that extremely sensitive body part has a use. Well, it couldn't possibly be to prevent the sensitive part from rubbing up against everything and becoming desensitized, so lets chop it off!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yes however will America survive when 77% of the male populace has lost a critical part of their reproductive organs!?
    What?

It can hardly be an important part of the penis when 77% of the country gets on perfectly well without it.

See the information cited in various places throughout this thread about the drawbacks of circumcision.

Or use common sense. Gee, I wonder if that sheath over that extremely sensitive body part has a use. Well, it couldn't possibly be to prevent the sensitive part from rubbing up against everything and becoming desensitized, so lets chop it off!
    So it becomes desensitized...it's not like it stops working.

It can hardly be an important part of the penis when 77% of the country gets on perfectly well without it.
    That's a logical fallacy. (Ironic, considering your signature)

Just because the majority of people get along fine without it, doesn't mean they wouldn't be better off with it. And no, them saying that they don't think they would be doesn't mean a thing, since they have lived their entire lives that way and do not know what they are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    So it becomes desensitized...it's not like it stops working.
    And I never said it did. Though increased rates of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation are a couple of the proven side-effects.

And I never said it did. Though increased rates of erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation are a couple of the proven side-effects.
    Source? Because I'm dubious as fuck on that.

Just because the majority of people get along fine without it, doesn't mean they wouldn't be better off with it. And no, them saying that they don't think they would be doesn't mean a thing, since they have lived their entire lives that way and do not know what they are missing.
    Hardly important if you don't need it now isn't it?

Honestly there are many health benefits to it, and the main drawback is less pleasure from sex, which your health should > sexual pleasure

However it really is a cultural thing. Here in the US it is the social norm from what I see and in Europe it is the exact opposite.

It's actually not a logical fallacy unless you consider subjective importance to be logical.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Source? Because I'm dubious as fuck on that.
    Sources throughout this thread, including OP.

Hardly important if you don't need it now isn't it?
    Come on. I'm sure you know the difference between "important" and "necessary".

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It's actually not a logical fallacy unless you consider subjective importance to be logical.
    The sexual side-effects are no more subjective than the benefits are.

I didn't think it was possible to be immature in a thread about penises.

The sexual side-effects are no more subjective than the benefits are.
    Implying that either of those things are of great significance in a person's life is pretty silly.

Sources throughout this thread, including OP.
    No there's "articles," not peer-reviewed scientific/biological studies. The only citation for cases of PE is from a dude who is a member of the International Coalition for Genital Integrity and he's only an activist, not accredited at all.

Shit the only "relevant" links I can immediately search for are Yahoo Answers lol.

Sounds like a load of malarky to me.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-12-08 at 06:37 AM.