Poll: Draenei warlocks; would you like to see them?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    (even more than Night Elf Mages, who at least had some positive history in the huge pile of crap)
    Didn't the NEs just ban arcane because they knew it could draw the burning legion to Azeroth?

Well the legion found their way to Azertoth twice now w/o them casting arcane. It's only natural to relax some restrictions. Especially when they are cornered by the hordes forces (which is pretty ridiculous in itself, in WC III the NE pwn'd orc butt after the initial surprise. <_< )

Love your enthusiasm, but we *are* Eredar. We're just not the corrupted kind.
    Not anymore, my love. 25000 years of exposition to the Naaru's energies and tech changed us just as much as the Eredar were changed by Sargeras.

Obviously to the point that removing access to them severely affects our physical bodies. An addiction of some sort?

The original Eredar race from 25000 yeas ago is extinct by now.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-12-05 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Draenei are physically incapable of wielding fel magic. Hell even the abundant presence of fel magic in the attack of Shattrath caused a cut in the ties to the light, rendering the afflicted ones Krokul (Broken ones).
    those broken never tried to control the fel energy, that's why it mutated them. those who did try to control it didn't change much. archimonde doesn't look too different from a normal draenei besides his hability to become a humongous giant and his demon-like armor.

1) Draenei are immortal. Don't compare our youth with humans
    2) The last big attack was 60 years ago. For an immortal race that would be like .. yesterday. Hell we crashed 6 years ago because fel-consuming maniacs disabled our engines....
    let's assume a 100 year old draenei is considered young. this guy has lived enough to suffer for having sided with the light instead of the legion for 60 years, but he did not see the legion destroy countless worlds like those 25000yo guys did. it wouldn't be strange if he started to wonder if he chose the wrong side.

now go back to my first post

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:50 PM ----------

Not anymore, my love. 25000 years of exposition to the Naaru's energies and tech changed us just as much as the Eredar were changed by Sargeras..
    levixus, born draenei, became an eredar. they are still the same species.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:53 PM ----------

I'd also like to point this DRAENEI WARLOCK NPC out:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18686

he's not even an eredar.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    let's assume a 100 year old draenei is considered young. this guy has lived enough to suffer for having sided with the light instead of the legion for 60 years, but he did not see the legion destroy countless worlds like those 25000yo guys did. it wouldn't be strange if he started to wonder if he chose the wrong side.
    Wrong. That 100year old Draenei would have seen first hand how fel magic corrupted the orcs and how KJ used them to wipe our race out.

Sorry but the "youngling rebellion" thing just doesn't fly here, because the events are way way to recent.

levixus, born draenei, became an eredar. they are still the same species.
    Levixus is Man'ari. Just like Archomonde, Kil'Jaeden or Jarraxxus. So even if you wouldn't turn Krokul but instead turn Man'ari there is no way in hell you'd be allowed anywhere near a Draenei.

Levixus is Man'ari. Just like Archomonde, Kil'Jaeden or Jarraxxus. So even if you wouldn't turn Krokul but instead turn Man'ari there is no way in hell you'd be allowed anywhere near a Draenei.
    what about jurim, the non-man'ari draenei warlock I just linked? he's not man'ari, but he is a draenei, where's your light now? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to battle with you.

Jurim could just as well be an oversight/inconsistency by Blizzard.

Fact is: the way the lore is set up right now, playable Draenei warlocks are impossible.

But i'm sure that they will come if Blizzard gets desperate enough. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    what about jurim, the non-man'ari draenei warlock I just linked? he's not man'ari, but he is a draenei, where's your light now? lol
    How do you know he's non man'ari? I could find bugger all info on him, or anything to explain why there is a random Warlock mob wandering around.
    He's a rare spawn mob, not related to any quests or lore that I could find.
    If you've found more info on him, please share
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    FULL STOP.

We are not.

We never were Man'ari Eredar, thus there was no need to cleanse us. Velen saw the corruption Sargeras would bring and fled along with 1/3rd of our race before any corruption actually occurred.

As for the warlocks: Again and again because you people can't seem to grasp this concept:
    Draenei are physically incapable of wielding fel magic. Hell even the abundant presence of fel magic in the attack of Shattrath caused a cut in the ties to the light, rendering the afflicted ones Krokul (Broken ones).

Yes you could play a Krokul-Warlock. NO you will never ever be able to play a Draenei warlock. Not w/o a massive retcon (Metzen inc? <_<) that would essentially fuck up our entire races signature.

What?!

1) Draenei are immortal. Don't compare our youth with humans
    2) The last big attack was 60 years ago. For an immortal race that would be like .. yesterday. Hell we crashed 6 years ago because fel-consuming maniacs disabled our engines....

DKs don't cast fel magic.
    DKs didn't choose to bekome DKs.
    DKs don't summon demons.
    DKs are NOT evil by nature. They were mind controlled by the Lich King.
    DKs have a hard time already and most of them are shunned and NOT welcomed back.

I will NEVER accept a warlock. I will hunt them down an kill any of them before they can become Man'ari and harm us all.
    Chillax for a second there mate.

First of all, you're not a Draenei, so stop saying "we".

Secondly, didn't know about them not even being able to weild fel magic without becoming broken, sounds incredibly dull and boring that all Draenei would be goodie-goodie safe-keepers of the world. I mean a majority, sure, but the entire race? *Yawn*

Thirdly, I'm well aware Draenei can not die of old age, that's what I meant by the new and young generation, those born after all of that happened. Those are still ignorant to the dangers of the world and it doesn't matter how much their elders tell them to avoid it because it's evil. Having not experienced it first hand some of them will dabble in it, it's only a question of time.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they also allow troll paladins and gnome druids.

Makes about as much sense as goblins cramming miniaturized oil rigs in the ground and calling them totems.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Only if they also allow troll paladins
    Let me bathe you in some a dis 'oly light, mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    How do you know he's non man'ari? I could find bugger all info on him, or anything to explain why there is a random Warlock mob wandering around.
    He's a rare spawn mob, not related to any quests or lore that I could find.
    If you've found more info on him, please share
    the man'ari have a characteristic look with purple or green glowing eyes, besides they are huge. sironas in her small form is much larger than any draenei. if he was supposed to be man'ari, he'd be at least big.

besides that, he's just a rare mob. he was probably made as a hint that the draenei could become warlocks if they wanted to, without all that mutating crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    But Draeneis turn into broken ones if they use dark magic if I'm not wrong.
    So no.
    So... why shadow priests?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    besides that, he's just a rare mob. he was probably made as a hint that the draenei could become warlocks if they wanted to, without all that mutating crap.
    Gah :-/ How typical that they'd drop a mob in with some controversially warlock-like abilities and offer no explanation or context whatsoever

Edit to add my actual opinion.
    Personally it's not something I'd like to see. I just can't figure out how they'd make it work in a believable way with Draenei lore being what it is. Though I suppose that little hurdle hasn't stopped Blizzard in the past.
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-12-05 at 01:27 PM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

If I remember correctly, werent they mutated by the strange red mist the orc warlocks were using, and not just generic fel magic? If it was any old fel magic, any Draenei near an Alliance warlock wouldve been mutated by now.

Draenei warlocks will happen when either blood elf druids/shaman are implemented

DKs are NOT evil by nature. They were mind controlled by the Lich King.
    didn't blizzard say that DKs that broke from the lich king have to constantly kill and inflict pain in order to stay sane?

which still makes me wonder how the fuck pandaria didn't blow up from sha corruption when a DK stepped on it ^^

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Draenei warlocks will happen when either blood elf druids/shaman are implemented
    You already got Warrior in patch 4.0.3, while Draenei didn't got anything. I think this update serves as a late patch 4.0.3

Yes, but they shouldn't start at the same zone with other Draeneis but perhaps an instanced Argus where they managed to escape through a demon portal.

This is why I don't give 2 shits about lore anymore. Yes, go on, let draenei be warlocks. Things have become so ridiculous already that they might as well delete all the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... why shadow priests?
    Shadow priests do not cast fel magic. o_O Fel is a different school than shadow.

If I remember correctly, werent they mutated by the strange red mist the orc warlocks were using, and not just generic fel magic?
    Correct. We don't know any details about that spell, but dabbling into fel magic themselves surely would have a similar effect on them. Ofc Blizzard always could write some BS to justify Draenei WLs.

Gah :-/ How typical that they'd drop a mob in with some controversially warlock-like abilities and offer no explanation or context whatsoever
    Yeah... don't we love Blizzard for these little inconsistencies? ^^

didn't blizzard say that DKs that broke from the lich king have to constantly kill and inflict pain in order to stay sane?

which still makes me wonder how the fuck pandaria didn't blow up from sha corruption when a DK stepped on it ^^
    Yeah, good thing then that there are lots of bad guys around to hurt. ^^

The Sha-emotion thing doesn't make any sense at all. Don't think to hard about it.

sounds incredibly dull and boring that all Draenei would be goodie-goodie safe-keepers of the world. I mean a majority, sure, but the entire race? *Yawn*
    Why the hell not? Why can't there be one race in the universe that is pure hearted?

But despite our love to the light, we are not perfect. The way most of us treat the Krokul that have come back proves that.

Yes I used "us" and "we" just to annoy you. :<
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-12-05 at 02:13 PM.

Why the hell not? Why can't there be one race in the universe that is pure hearted?

But despite our love to the light, we are not perfect. The way most of us treat the Krokul that have come back proves that.

Yes I used "us" and "we" just to annoy you. :<
    because they are not pure-hearted. remember evil dolly? remember that extremely evil draenei pirate guy in li li's short story?

the evil draenei pirates have proven that pure draenei can be evil. levixus has already proven that draenei can second guess their allegiances and seek demonic magic. jurim's existence has proven that draenei can be warlocks without mutating into broken or man'ari.

you are in denial