Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eme View Post
    don't even try to teach random idiots anything, sad but true.
    This ^^ and don't get into an argument with them about fight mechanics. Just point out their error after a wipe and request they shut up or that the group kicks them instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that situation initiate a kick for him (as he sure isn't helping the raid and there to grief). Unless they're waiting on new players to queue, LFR tends to run so fast that if they're typing, they sure aren't playing their roles, anyway.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Well, it is LFR.. (Looking for Retards)

I don't think there is any way to prevent things like that. Whenever I queue up for it I just expect the worst and try to carry people through it lol. It really sucks that it has to be handled like that, but it was inevitable when Blizz decided to make "raiding content" with no mechanics available to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Theres always a reason you are kicked from LFR.

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

4) Dont remain dead and wait for a rez, run back

5) Dont afk and auto follow people

There you go, surefire ways to not get kicked from LFR.
    Often the reason is "some idiot/troll incorrectly called out X player."

The last time I got kicked from LFR, that I can remember anyway, I was healing Madness a week or three before MoP dropped. So it was not the sharpest group you've ever seen. I was healing as disc. There were only 2-3 healers who were doing decent healing, then a bunch of people doing like 7-10k HPS. So this one guy who I think was supposed to be healing, but was doing 6-7k HPS, starts yelling "(my name) HEAL! HEAL, (my name)!!!!" because apparently he's unable to see that I'm 2nd in heals and/or has never heard of atonement.

We wipe of course, and he continues with his rant about me (I never said a word), insists I need to be kicked, and shortly thereafter, I was.

So, obviously, I requeued, waited a good 30 seconds, got into a different group (thank God), and DW was dead about 15 minutes later.

You need 3 people to vote to kick a player before the actual vote goes out so its rare for you to get kicked from just 1 idiot. But when I was raiding with my friend he accidentally hit need on some random green drop and then a group of people from the same guild instantly kicked him out of the raid, then they kicked me for being in the same guild and also telling them to get over it along with a couple of other people who were actually being rational about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You forgot two:

6) Don't talk. Ever. It only draws attention to yourself.

7) Don't play a tank. They are easily blamed.
    This. I hate queueing as a tank for Dread Approach just because the trash to Vizier is the most difficult thing in the entire instance since sunder armor on tanks can stack to -100% armor fairly quickly, mobs stun, and pretty much gib even a 600k hp tank within a global or two. Course this is assuming you don't have a second tank that actually tanks his own share so as to prevent the pretty sudden burst.

You have decided to raid on discount (LFR), you just gotta live with the bad sides of it.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

It's remarkable how angry mob mentality still exists. You'd think people cheering to burn a witch based on the word of one person would be a thing of the past, but it's not.

If you piss one person off, and he's a loudmouth, he WILL rally the raid against you, and they will follow them, because your typical LFR player is just another mindless witch burner (otherwise, the vote wouldn't pass).

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

Surefire? Not really. They help, but like I said, innocent people have been burned at the stake simply because one person got the crowd riled up enough for it. It is the single most ignorant, destructive force of pretty much any society.

And it's only amplified by the masses of social recluses hiding behind the shield of anonymity who live unhappy lives and only take joy from destroying the happiness of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    The last time I got kicked from LFR, that I can remember anyway, I was healing Madness a week or three before MoP dropped. So it was not the sharpest group you've ever seen. I was healing as disc. There were only 2-3 healers who were doing decent healing, then a bunch of people doing like 7-10k HPS. So this one guy who I think was supposed to be healing, but was doing 6-7k HPS, starts yelling "(my name) HEAL! HEAL, (my name)!!!!" because apparently he's unable to see that I'm 2nd in heals and/or has never heard of atonement.
    When an idiot does that, just post the Recount numbers in raid. Even mouthbreathers are trained to notice who's #1 on that chart.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    I nearly always que as a tank and never had any problems....til yesterday.

Start in Terrace of Endless Spring. I walked right around in the direction of the trash while the second tank walked left around. Still before the pull he/she started lecturing me why the f*** I'm going right around while he/she is going left around.

I really wanted to stay quiet, but then he/she started lecturing other people in the raid so I couldn't let it slide.
    Of course I didn't insult him/her but I wanted to make it a little bit funny so I just said:
    "Regarding your question why I did go right an not left with you...was because I don't give a damn about the decision of the main assist. You have neither the Raidlead nor are you the maintank. If the raid would have followed you I would have stayed silent and switched over but they followed me so you should have just done the same."

After that some people in the raid laughed at him but he never said a word again in this run.

So after all you can't do anything about this kind of action, because you can't correct people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
    Ok, so I admit this might be somewhat of a rant but it got me thinking about what can be done, if anything to stop situations like this from happening to others: Today in LFR some troll was telling people the wrong strats for the different boss mechanics. When I called him out on it and linked the tooltip for some of the spells (pointing out that some of the things were in fact buffs), he spammed the word "idiot" to me and the announced to the raid that I was intentionally trying to wipe the group and to kick me... which they did. I was top on the healing meters on every fight up and was one of the only people alive on several attempts that didn't go so well. I must admit that this definately pissed me off a little because now I have to queue and repeat things I've already done.

So my questions to the community is this, what can be done, if anything to stop this BS? Thoughts? Comments? Just want to hear what others have to say. As someone who doesn't AFK in the LFR or half ass my healing when I queue, I'm more than a little angry that players like me can be punished because someone wants to be an asshole.
    Personally, I know people are abusive so I don't speak much. I play to have fun, not to have my blood boil. I have to tendency to hit vote kick on anybody I find remotely annoying (whether they are coming off as annoying or appear to be afk) in hopes that other people are doing the same too. If you do call someone out, don't do it in a way that makes them look bad in front of the raid. Assertive people must be approached passively or communication will fail.

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

You should try reading more then the thread title next time... He was number 1 heals, and was trying to prevent some jackass from spreading misinformation.

OT: I just vote kick the trolls without feeding them.

It sucks that you were kicked for that reason, but I have very seldom seen people kicked without a good reason. Usually for being afk.

I would say this is uncommon and just join again. As a healer you should have a very short wait time.

"Never argue with idiots, they will simply drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".

Basicly... either don't care or requeue.

15+ Year Old Account

Here are your solutions:
    I see you have read and understood the OP... NOT!

I don't really see a system working where this has absolutely no chance of happening without being too annoying in real cases. It is already hard enough to kick that scum and while I would prefer a situation where all of this is better policed being realistic I just don't see a possibility for this to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    It's not abusing the kick feature due to the fact it has to be a majority vote.

Stop suggesting making frivolous tickets. People with legitimate issues have to wait long enough with idiotic tickets that read "WAAH JIMMY WAS MEAN TO ME"
    Apparently soliciting people to kick a certain person is against the rules. I've gotten a warning for that myself :|

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    You should try reading more then the thread title next time... He was number 1 heals, and was trying to prevent some jackass from spreading misinformation.

OT: I just vote kick the trolls without feeding them.
    And you believe him on a whim? Because I don't.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Be happy you avoided a bunch of repair bills from a bunch of idiots not doing things right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I see you have read and understood the OP... NOT!
    I find it difficult to believe someone who makes a thread about "getting kicked for no reason" The lokely story is he isnt explaining the whole situation or hes lying. Shocking I know, but it happens.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."