Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How do I put this nicely. If your elo goes to a point where players do not understand the base mechanics of LoL then there is a good chance that is the level at which you actually play the game. Anyway I am 1.2k elo and I find everyone has a basic understanding of the game. I played on a friends 600 elo acc to show him it is not impossible to win and neither my team nor the other team had any idea how to play. So I simply picked akali and carried 4 games in a row with ease. I am afraid to tell you. Your elo is how good you are , ie the only answer you didnt want to hear is the right one.

But ya 600-800 elo is about when basic understanding of the game seems to be lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    ok fine. I'm the one who sucks cause I'm not a pro who can carry against teams whose adc has IE by 10 mins. I can't beat people when my team never wards, runs from every team fight, runs off alone and gets ganked. It's all my fault. Uninstalling league now.
    Perhaps you could try talking to your team, minus your apparent rage? I mean, communication is key in team based games. If you flip out on them (which I'm assuming you did, judging by your attitude here), the game isn't going to magically get better.

I'd also like to reiterate Hateful's point: if they can't do something, cover it yourself (as best you can, without neglecting your own role, of course).
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandragon, you want to be told the truth. Stop asking us to breast feed you because look at it like this, I was one of those idiots who started ranked far too early dropped to 800ish ELO and you know what. I stayed there for a month or so and then thought maybe I was the problem overall. I then started rising and by the way, this wasn't with duo's, I was solo queued most the time and you know what... It was all me. I'm currently sitting at around 1300 and it's improving.

Play more, look at your mistakes and improve, I don't like the whiny crap because all your doing is asking for your mother to make you feel better. We are not your mother, we are friends on a forum. We gave you an answer and told you what to do, stop giving us bullshit and play more. You remind me of my little brother sometimes, whines after losing one ranked and rages, doesn't help his team but rages at them making them play worse.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
    Man, this OP has a horrible attitude. If you're just going to rant that everyone else sucks and you can't carry them I'd recommend the specific rant thread. These "oh I'm stuck in Elo Hell, I can't ever get out, clearly those people who did are full of shit!" threads aren't new, if you take a quick look on LoL GD you'll see plenty of them. Do you think it's just coincidence that people have managed to pull themselves out of 'elo hell' in the past? That it's luck? A fluke? It's not. There is a reason behind it.

Now, in saying that, you want to know how to get out of low elo?

Do other people's jobs for them.

- Ward for them.
    - Ping for them.
    - Direct them.
    - Countergank for them (this most importantly, if you can turn around a gank to your favour this is a massive play)
    - Clear wards for them.

It's not good enough to go "oh, I went 3-0 top, I won my lane, but everyone else lost so clearly I am a 1500 rated player!". Any monkey can win their own lane, the people who are good are the ones that can STEAMROLL their lane AND have an effect on the other lanes.

My recommendation to you:
    Play mid or play jungler. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT play Top, ADC or Support solo queue. If you do, you'll have impact on ONE lane, and the other 2 (or 3 I guess) will inevitably fail. That means to win you're going to have to absolutely annihilate your lane, which can be done, but is far harder.

Instead, by playing mid or jungler you can countergank most effectively, snowball your lanes (and that doesn't mean every lane) and generally turn around those games where "oh shit, they just got double kill in the 3rd minute at bot lane" by roaming as mid or shutting them down as jungler.

Now, I'm not a diamond player (gold rated this season so far, nothing special), but when I lose a game I don't think "if only I had a team that wasn't retarded", I think "how could I have carried those retarded people better? what could I have changed to increase the chance of that being a victory?". It's working out those things and turning around those clutch games that will rise your elo slowly but surely.

You're always going to have idiots on your team. It's an accepted fact. Solo queue LoL is all about handling them as best you can. If you rage, you will fail. If you have the attitude "I'm da best and don't deserve to be stuck with these morons", you will fail. You need to first accept the reason why you are at that elo (and hey, it can be bad luck, placement games can be a bitch, but that DOESN'T mean you're forced to stay there), which is generally bad people weighing you down, and then remedy the problem; carry them better.

You can reply "yeah whatevs" if you like, but this is the only way you're gonna rise. That, or find some guy who's 1400 rated who'll duo with you and carry you out. Either way, best of luck.
    Well I wasn't gonna reply to this thread again, but decided to reply to yours.

First: Yes I have a bad attitude, you would too losing the way I have been. I really don't care how many times a thread like that has been started, as you people can';t read This wasn't one of them, I was simply asking if it's possible to have your ELo drop so low you can't climb out. But I forgot this place is full of "you should be able to carry your team out people".

Second: I wish I had a graph of how much gold I have spent doing other peoples jobs. I ward dragon, baron, mid river bushes, top lane bushes, my buffs, enemy buffs. Luckily the supports actually ward bot bush. But once lane phase is over the supports stop buying wards. I do everything on that list. I also jungle and play mid. I constantly try to gank lanes, but half the time I ping the target 3-5 times, start the gank and the lane sits there until I die, then says "oh im sorry I didnt see you". I have thought about games after doing them, I dont sit here thinking "im da best". I just wish I would get people who understand the basics of how to play. Most of the games I get into, theres at least 2 people who will let you die just so they can get the kill. Or they tower dive to get a kill, and die as a result of it. I played one game tonight as Skarner. We had a great 15 min start, I killed the enemy jungler twice in his jungle. Got bot adc a double kill, and got both top and bot a kill. I also kept the enemy jungle clear. Then between 15-30, the top lane gave up 3 deaths roaming around the jungle. I had to recall after one fight that the ap and I had with their top lane champion and jungler. I return to base and see the enemy adc get a triple kill. I did a beautiful initiate on their adc, by grabbing him with my ult. My team danced around until I died, then charged into battle.

I understand my faults already when playing. Mostly I click to much when attacking someone thus resulting in my moving more then I should, or I do some tower dives that are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Pandragon, you want to be told the truth. Stop asking us to breast feed you because look at it like this, I was one of those idiots who started ranked far too early dropped to 800ish ELO and you know what. I stayed there for a month or so and then thought maybe I was the problem overall. I then started rising and by the way, this wasn't with duo's, I was solo queued most the time and you know what... It was all me. I'm currently sitting at around 1300 and it's improving.

Play more, look at your mistakes and improve, I don't like the whiny crap because all your doing is asking for your mother to make you feel better. We are not your mother, we are friends on a forum. We gave you an answer and told you what to do, stop giving us bullshit and play more. You remind me of my little brother sometimes, whines after losing one ranked and rages, doesn't help his team but rages at them making them play worse.
    I didn't ask for you people to come in here and say I suck. I didn't ask for anything other then if you elo drops low enough should I just quit playing cause it will be hard to get out of it. You are not my friends, you are people I don't know on a forum who enjoys posting replies that has nothing to do with the actual topic that was posted. 2 pages of people saying "your elo is dropping you suck. you should carry harder" when my post had nothing to do with why my elo was dropping, and I look at my mistakes. When I end up dying I sit here and say "dam I shouldn't have done that". You people don't know me, and don't know what I do after a game. So stop acting like you do.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I spy tons of in depth answers that all answer the question you first stated. I started skimming eventually, mostly focusing on the ones you were responding too. they started out answering you as straight as they could. Then they decided to go into detail when you were unsatisfied with their responses.

Now to my question. At what ELO should I just top playing ranked? Cause I know at a certain point there's a 100% chance I'll never be teamed with people who know how to play.
    Yes. It's so low that you would have to intentionally keep losing and feeding to get there. Most people get banned before that happens. I would say, if it exists, it would be in the low hundreds. Maybe 500ish? I haven't personally seen people that low. I think I saw one guy in the 800s once, but nothing lower than that. Anyone, feel free to correct me and show me a profile with a player at that low of an elo that still shows signs of "trying to win".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I didn't ask for you people to come in here and say I suck. I didn't ask for anything other then if you elo drops low enough should I just quit playing cause it will be hard to get out of it. You are not my friends, you are people I don't know on a forum who enjoys posting replies that has nothing to do with the actual topic that was posted. 2 pages of people saying "your elo is dropping you suck. you should carry harder" when my post had nothing to do with why my elo was dropping, and I look at my mistakes. When I end up dying I sit here and say "dam I shouldn't have done that". You people don't know me, and don't know what I do after a game. So stop acting like you do.
    Look I was just trying to tell you the truth. You can't take the truth of your situation and want us to agree with you then leave this forum and don't cause any more of this crap because we were just trying to help you. Understood? Good.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2012-12-06 at 02:31 PM.
    Hey everyone