Other PoV on guild progress rankings

Existing ranking system we all know as WowProgress, got some principal flaws, and I want to fix the situation, by offering you another view on progressing rankings. System I wrote, possibly known to some users because of pulls monitor I’ve added before it has been cloned on WP, gathering armory data and building guild rankings lists, but pretty different way than WP does.

So what the differences and system mechanic:

1. All information from analyzed regions: US, EU, TW and KR adjusted in time, to make regions even with content release moment.
    2. Rankings and scores for 10 and 25 men formats calculated separately. United ladder built by scores comparistions, because our score system shows guild progression efforts.
    3. Every tier has cap of score points available – 100,000. These score points divided between bosses, both normal and heroic. To calculate the score, system calculates minimal intervals from content release (real release, boss should be available for tries) to first kill of every boss worldwide. Than it sums these intervals and getting pool of progressing time for tier. Then, score pool divided proportional of progressing time of every boss. Example: fastest kill of Stone Guard normal took 1.5 hour. And total progressing time for all bosses is 50 hours. Than Stone Guard score will be calculated as: 100,000/50*1.5 = 3,000 and so on for all bosses
    4. First killer of the boss getting max score. All other guilds, killed boss after that time, getting lower score. System calculates time from FK to the end of content (next raid patch release), say Trest, and time between first kill and guild kill time, say Tdiff. Than guild score for the boss counted as BossScore * (Trest- Tdiff)/Trest. With such formula, at the end of content patch, you getting almost 0. And getting nothing after next content been released.
    5. Total tier-format score for the guild counted as sum of all bosses score in current format and tier.
    6. If guild has killed normal and heroic versions of the boss, it's getting max available score for normal version (this makes normal kills irrelevant for top guils)
    7. Such way of score counting allows to compare guild progress between tiers. Also, it’s possible to calculate character’s individual Progress Score for every tier.
    8. System is 100% accurate with detecting 10/25 ppl kils for characters.
    9. Guild’s achievement counted if there are 6+ men for 10-men achievement, and 13+ men for 25-men achievement. If enough people leaves guild, it may lose achievement on boss kill.
    10. Tier progress shown not by dungeons, but by total encounters number. In case of T14 there are 16 bosses in two modes, so tier progress is X/32.
    11. There are four ranking tables: worldwide, region (US, EU, KR, TW), sub-region (EU-RU, etc.) and realm.
    12. Data being updated automatically in few days, but request can be submitted manually from the guild’s page.
    13. In 5.1, Korean guilds will be excluded from world rankings because of separated 10/25 raid lockouts.
    14. Comfy progress details and pull data are also available, even for pulls before kill.

Here you may see the rankings for content: http://wowraider.net/progress/index.cdiml?locale=en
    Your feedbacks are welcome.
    Last edited by hurricup; 2012-12-04 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Score calculation update and domain change

• Score calculation algorithm has been updated to be more friendly for top-rated guilds
    • Domain has been changed to http://wowraider.net/

My only complaint is that there isn't an easy way to view rankings by realm. You should consider having a drop down menu of some kind to sort by realm.. otherwise, much nicer than wowprogress.

I think guildox.com is a bit better than wowprogress

Added to my 2do list!

For the dps and healing rankings, i'm assuming its only taking from logs that were uploaded to the site directly?

Sure thing. Some dps's calculated pretty differently from wol. Like Protectors.

Deleted
    Nice site, though I'm missing the information which bosses guilds haven't killed yet in the (mouseover) summary. I feel like they should be at the top instead of somewhere in the middle, preferably marked red?

I really like the mouseover summary in general though, especially that it shows Tier 11-14.
    Last edited by mmocc23bbb0a5f; 2012-12-04 at 01:40 PM.

Thinking about tooltips re-make. They are too large i thnk. May be some kind of icons. But in this case there will be no kill date in it.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricup View Post
    Existing ranking system we all know as WowProgress, got some principal flaws, and I want to fix the situation
    I just want to point out that while your flaw fixes are good in theory they are not in practice. One of the biggest criticisms of WoWProgress is not normalizing by lockout reset time and you and GuildOx both normalize for that. This is good in theory, but especially this tier impossible or very difficult encounters have been hotfixed (with no kills before hotfix). Hotfixes normalize the playing field themselves, so in actuality your system has reintroduced error into the system.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

You see, there is absolutely no way in current game environment to build an absolutely perfect system. I just saying, that mine is different:
    • there is no human factor in score definitions and calculations
    • Score is comparable between tiers/brackets, cause has the same score pool for every tier/bracket
    Concerning the hard bosses fixes, yes. It is a problem. But, i belive than in 90% encounters there is no such fix. And it's not fair that US guilds has a leg-up before EU, just because a time difference.
    And such fixes are absolutely not countable in score at the moment. All manual score tweaks brings human factor, what is definetly not good.