Poll: Which Era Was The Best?

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would have to say Burning Crusade but for no other reason other than that was the expansion that introduced me to WoW. Having said that I enjoyed Wrath and I am enjoying Pandaria so my choice is more than likely tinted with nostalgia!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    People are going to just say BC, polls like these are pointless.

I voted for WoTLK just because I made good friends, the music was great, and I'm an Arthas fanboy. BC was fun too, but I had more fun in Wrath. As for the best expansion for WoW itself, still WoTLK that's when it hit it's peak.
    This sums up my vote too. Far all it's flaws and people complaining that everything was "easy" it is still the most fun I've had playing this game.

I voted Wrath as that's the xpac I have the most fond memories of. That and I was never bored during wrath it always seemed like I had something to do... shame I can't say the same for Cata. By the time MoP came out I was that burnt out on the game thanks to DS that I just couldn't fully enjoy it properly which is a shame

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

WoTLK because of it's dark fantasy LOTR-style story, Ulduar, and just most fun overall.

Thats pretty funny.
    Wotlk is leading the chart. Just few years ago it was absolutely impossible.

It looks like most of the people that played in BC already stopped playing and were mostly replaced with wotlk-cata kids.

Wrath of the Lich King absolutely. Had by far the most fun. The only end game I did not play was vanilla WoW.

People should be required to list when they started playing the game when they have discussions like this.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I wish I could vote twice. I have to say BC for just the in game balance and raids, Wotlk for the story. Gotta love the lore behind The Lich King

1. WotLK
    2. TBC
    3. Classic
    4. MoP
    5. Cata

TBC and Classic are VERY close to each other for being good. MoP and Cata are more below

Deleted
    If WoW started from day 1 all over again, I would play the crap into it. My favourite so far however, is MoP. Wrath of the Lich King was a very good expansion in terms of story, music and gameplay, but it's nothing compared to what MoP is, and what to come. It seems this whole expansion, Blizzard has been giving players what they want (Larger raids, more content, things to do, brilliant stories etc)

Raiding Golden tiers was T5,T6,T6.5,T8,T10,T11,T14 can't comment on vanilla raids since i didn't play nor clear them but I'm sure T2, T2.5 and T3 would be up there.

Honestly the best era has been an ongoing thing but the way MoP is shaping up it honestly is right now if they don't break raiding promises of future content like they did in Cata T12/T13 and Wotlks T9 Azjol raid scrapped for ToC -_-.

I fully expect an epic troll / mogu raid featuring the thunder king in a 10-12 boss raid in 5.2. Will blizzard deliver?

As far as "launch content" is concerned with things to do <dailys factions/storylines, Pet battles, Brawls, Heroics/CM armor, 16HEROIC BOSSES, 2 world bosses, LFR at launch to do old raids if you feel nostalgic 2 tiers down the line. MoP currently is the best expansion.

There is also pvp too but really noone cares about that since TBC ended. Yeah Problem?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-20 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I am probably the only one objective here, so yeah i am not affected by your kind's disease.

MoP is indeed getting better every day, thats why i specified it.

Its just the beginning against a full experienced expansion like wotlk.

No doubts that MoP will get to the top pretty fast .. as soon as i can drink that garrosh's blood every week thanks to the raid , trust me it will be awesome .
    I understood why you mentioned MoP, but saying that wotlk somehow is the best without it being because of nostalgia, memories of fun experiences? The game has improved since then and even if MoP isn't over, it has improved the gameplay of the game, so if completely objective one would most likely rate it at #1. Unless one doesn't agree with changes to the gameplay and added features, of course. Do tell why you think wotlk is the best expansion, as I could be misunderstanding you. Simply saying that X is best could either mean that you had the fun there (nostalgia) or that you thought the gameplay was better then.

No idea what you mean about drinking garrosh's blood, though. :s
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I understood why you mentioned MoP, but saying that wotlk somehow is the best without it being because of nostalgia, memories of fun experiences? The game has improved since then and even if MoP isn't over, it has improved the gameplay of the game, so if completely objective one would most likely rate it at #1. Unless one doesn't agree with changes to the gameplay and added features, of course. Do tell why you think wotlk is the best expansion, as I could be misunderstanding you. Simply saying that X is best could either mean that you had the fun there (nostalgia) or that you thought the gameplay was better then.

No idea what you mean about drinking garrosh's blood, though. :s
    Killing him or making him bleed enough to be able to drink his blood in the last raid of this expansion since he will be the end boss .

Probably nostalgia speaking but... TBC!

It had one of the best raiding structures i can think of, every tier was still relevant even at the end due to no real "catch up" mechanism, and there were still attunments to get to the next tiers. It may come off as elitist or w/e but i honestly feel that you should have to make an effort to get to where the players who have spent a long time raiding are, i.e. you shouldn't get instant access to the latest tier if you dont already have some raiding experience to show for. The system was albeit somewhat harsh at times, but overall I like that better than the "*gasp* new player/alt!!! /throw epics at him/her" situation which seem to be the standard as of late. Mop has turned things for the better compared to cata at least, but im not really sold yet.

Deleted
    Wrath was the best for me personally. In MOP there are no guilds anymore, only LFR (it's simply easier to raid via LFR than organize a guild). I should say that guild raiding has more or less died unless you are a bit more dedicated. Casual 25 man guilds now are probably extremely rare seeing as how 25 man guilds hardly exist anymore. I miss the atmosphere of big guilds and different people working together.

Mists of Pandaria is too childish for me. From dark knights to talking pandas bouncing up and down searching for beer. MOP is totally underwhelming and doesn't excite the imagination. The only thing I've liked so far are the mogu. The sha are amazing artistically, but don't feel threatening. Thankfully WoW's gameplay is still decent and smooth so I can wait to see what they bring out next.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2012-12-20 at 03:29 PM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I voted vanilia, since i was 14 year old nubcake back then and this world consumed my soul. Wish i could get that time back
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC
    Classic
    WotLK
    MoP
    Cataclysm

Personally I think MoP and WotLK are on the same level...

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Thats pretty funny.
    Wotlk is leading the chart. Just few years ago it was absolutely impossible.

It looks like most of the people that played in BC already stopped playing and were mostly replaced with wotlk-cata kids.
    Or all those people complaining during WotLK were the vocal minority.

My best to worst.

WOTLK
    TBC
    MOP
    Classic
    Watching Paint dry
    Cata

Wrath for me. So many new and great things added (LFD may have its issues, but I'd consider it an overall good thing) on top of having all of my sisters playing and raiding with me. Took a break after clearing Naxx once or twice and pretty much missed out on the whole Ulduar train... dangit, but I came back for ToC!

BC was good, the community didn't have as many jerks (or at least the lack of LFD sheltered you from them), but I was pretty much stuck in Kara and ZA after transferring to be with my siblings.

Cata... wow, you know, I honestly can't say I hate an expansion if I never bothered to play it. Never even cancelled my account, but I only came back to play in 4.3.

*So far* MoP is shaping up to knock Wrath off of its top peg, but I just don't see myself playing WoW anymore after this expansion or maybe the next
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"