Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched angel beats, and thought i would recommend it to anyone looking for a short anime. It's pretty sad though.
    Research does not consist of eating some lead based paint, checking what people are saying on the forums and then pretending like you know what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost anything made by Sunrise, Inc. is worth a watch.

Just watched Steins; Gate after seen it recommended. I'd highly recommend it, however do not look up anything about it before you watch it. I understand now why people told me to watch it blind

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neponc View Post
    Just watched angel beats, and thought i would recommend it to anyone looking for a short anime. It's pretty sad though.
    Agree on the last episode now, not the best imo, but it is really worth a watch. Far from perfect, but it has a great charm to it.

Ones that have already been recommended that I also recommend...

Fate/Zero, Madoka, Baccano!, Kara no Kyoukai, Psycho-Pass.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Monster. If you liked Death Note and other psychological thrillers, then Monster is one of the absolute best series in that genre. A bit long, but worth it.

A couple more psychological thrillers that haven't been mentioned : Paranoia Agent, fantastic and short at 13 episodes, and Shin Sekai Yori, which is currently airing.

On the topic of Fate/Zero, as a big fan of the original Fate/Stay Night visual novel, I can't recommend the FSN anime in good conscience. While it's true that I enjoyed FZ much more by reading FSN first, the anime adaptation of the VN is not very good. FZ is still very good without prior knowledge of FSN, there will just be a few parts near the end that won't make a ton of sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My instant thought too ^^ Every last second of Cowboy Bebop is to be savoured just for the soundtrack, nevermind the rest of it lol

I think the suggestions from everyone before me are pretty spot on really.
    Just a brief note that Bleach has only ended for now. It will be back eventually.

Afro Samurai was has some nice fights. It is pretty much just about the fights and being #1.

D.Gray-Man is worth a watch IMO. It ends after about 150 episodes though and only continues in Manga form. Worth checking out though.

Akira is a given for anyone when it comes to anime. Still a masterpiece to this day. Even the English dub is good.

Spice & Wolf is a fantastic series. Who doesn't love a fox goddess?

Space Brothers, Code:Breaker and Zetsuen no Tempest are worth a look too.

i am in love with zetsuen no tempest, code breaker i liked, but Zetsuen just keeps you thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neponc View Post
    Pretty sure we have a reccomendation thread as well...Seeing as this one is for requesting series..

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My instant thought too ^^ Every last second of Cowboy Bebop is to be savoured just for the soundtrack, nevermind the rest of it lol

I think the suggestions from everyone before me are pretty spot on really.
    Just a brief note that Bleach has only ended for now. It will be back eventually.

Afro Samurai was has some nice fights. It is pretty much just about the fights and being #1.

D.Gray-Man is worth a watch IMO. It ends after about 150 episodes though and only continues in Manga form. Worth checking out though.

Akira is a given for anyone when it comes to anime. Still a masterpiece to this day. Even the English dub is good.

Spice & Wolf is a fantastic series. Who doesn't love a fox goddess?

Space Brothers, Code:Breaker and Zetsuen no Tempest are worth a look too.
    From what i know there has been NO official word on bleach. Fans have been saying that about it's cancellation since announced. Basically they assume like Inuyasha it will be back but we don't really know.

Mirai nikki is one of the best anime's i've ever seen. Like people have said for other series watch it blind or the entire thing will be ruined for you.