• I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    so 20 people constitutes tons? whatever. you are just trying to start trouble, and spreading hate. the game is wonderful. you dont like it. move on.
    I dont think he means the 23 people that voted here alone. You can't really think thats all that have unsubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing. But due to the nature of the game I tend to get a bit bored so I play some GW2/TF2 etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole.
    That's not correct. To get a representative sample requires a sort of cross-section of the population, not a sufficiently high number (you'd need more than 50% of the total group to have a reliable sample from "big numbers" alone).

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Are you going to keep creating these polls until the results validate your hatred toward the game or the company behind the game? Are you just fishing for the answers you want? I don't get it.

Still subbed, still enjoying it, don't plan to cancel any time soon.
    How is making 1 other thread over a month ago lead you to think I'm going to make these all the time. Keep shooting down these threads until there are no more of them to threaten your little game or your opinion. Hypocrital absurdness.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arantes View Post
    That's not correct. To get a representative sample requires a sort of cross-section of the population, not a sufficiently high number (you'd need more than 50% of the total group to have a reliable sample from "big numbers" alone).
    There is no cross section of the wow population. You're either playing or you're not and this is the only way to get an idea of the subscription numbers unless I wanted to go to china or korea to get a sample, which would not be relatable to America because they have different payment models. And yes sample size increases representation if you ever took stats...

Or it will attract angry die hard wow fans as shown above.
    No, it will attract people who are searching for "cancelled subscription" in order to find people who feel the same way that they do in order to validate their own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    No, it will attract people who are searching for "cancelled subscription" in order to find people who feel the same way that they do in order to validate their own actions.
    No, have you noticed that the majority of the people that have posted on the thread have been people like you who are upset? And no one searches for cancel subscriptions on here. You just go to general forums and my post would be at the top.

No, have you noticed that the majority of the people that have posted on the thread have been people like you who are upset? And no one searches for cancel subscriptions on here. You just go to general forums and my post would be at the top.
    Where did I say anything about being upset?

Bought MoP. Played for a month. Didn't like the whole system of locking gear behind dailies and more dailies. Plus having a child soon also helps weed out unnecessary expenses.
    Last edited by Dengir; 2012-12-09 at 05:38 AM. Reason: spelling is hard

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize you're asking a community on MMO-Champ that also doesn't play WoW anymore but will often check the WoW forums? That's most likely where your 33% comes from. People who are unsubbed doesn't mean they always hate the game. They either moved on, will come back at a later time, or life itself just got in the way and STILL check the forums. You're trying to start trouble. You're never going to get accurate results on this type of poll...NEVER. Try asking the whole world next time and maybe you'll have better results
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I dont think he means the 23 people that voted here alone. You can't really think thats all that have unsubbed.
    lol.. of course i dont. which was my point.. he has no evidence that "tons" are leaving. at best he has the 23 people that have viewed this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no cross section of the wow population. You're either playing or you're not and this is the only way to get an idea of the subscription numbers unless I wanted to go to china or korea to get a sample, which would not be relatable to America because they have different payment models. And yes sample size increases representation if you ever took stats...
    Sure there is. I guess you haven't studied statistics or aren't applying it here.

I am kind of a mixed bag. I quit due to money issues, but still have the itch to start back up...

lol, these threads attract people who are subbed but don't enjoy playing wow.

but they can't stop playing wow and the reason they ALWAYS come across as angry as fuck is because they're angry as fuck. they're paying to do what they don't wanna do and it's understandable.

This is a terrible way to get a sample. The only reliable sample is a completely random one. No poll on any forum will ever be random, because you're only getting the portion of people who go to forums, and that's not a decent random sample.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 07:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    lol, these threads attract people who are subbed but don't enjoy playing wow.

but they can't stop playing wow and the reason they ALWAYS come across as angry as fuck is because they're angry as fuck. they're paying to do what they don't wanna do and it's understandable.
    That seems like the point at which you should stop paying.

Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    Yeah, these threads are totally accurate. 75% of the ppl that say they unsubbed didn't. They just want to try to say that because something they don't like is in the game, they want to see it fall. Kind of like yourself. So be mentally healthy. Don't waste your time on things you don't like. Because it's not something you should be that addicted to. Just find something to consume your time that you do like.

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 06:15 AM ----------

No, they just go into general and look at the threads....

Quote Originally Posted by arantes View Post
    Sure there is. I guess you haven't studied statistics or aren't applying it here.
    Sure there is? Name what else I could poll other than the wow forums, which i can't post on because I don't play anymore. Exactly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:21 PM ----------

Where did I say anything about being upset?
    Well your coming along and instead of just answering or not bothering to answer it you instead say the only people that it will attract are people who're unsubbed, obviously trying to protect the people who still play. The fact that you yourself made that post refuted your own argument because you obviously don't hate the game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    This is a terrible way to get a sample. The only reliable sample is a completely random one. No poll on any forum will ever be random, because you're only getting the portion of people who go to forums, and that's not a decent random sample.[COLOR="red"]
    Isn't that why I said within the 3 sentence post that the thread would be biased?

Isn't that why I said within the 3 sentence post that the thread would be biased?
    Then what's the point of the thread? You're not going to draw any valid conclusions from it.

Sure there is? Name what else I could poll other than the wow forums, which i can't post on because I don't play anymore. Exactly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:21 PM ----------

Well your coming along and instead of just answering or not bothering to answer it you instead say the only people that it will attract are people who're unsubbed, obviously trying to protect the people who still play. The fact that you yourself made that post refuted your own argument because you obviously don't hate the game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:22 PM ----------

Then what's the point? Like I said, people are going to say that they've unsubbed just because they have an issue with something in the game and they can't stand that they can't influence Blizz to make the changes they want. But ppl that are constantly complaining about something are usually the ones hurt most by it and can't let go. There's complaining, and then there's endless, agenda fueled whining. And that always was, and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yeah, these threads are totally accurate. 75% of the ppl that say they unsubbed didn't. They just want to try to say that because something they don't like is in the game, they want to see it fall. Kind of like yourself. So be mentally healthy. Don't waste your time on things you don't like. Because it's not something you should be that addicted to. Just find something to consume your time that you do like.[COLOR="red"]
    I have many things, mainly college that consumes my time. Why would 75% percent of the people lie about it for a reason like that? Do you have any proof or you just throwing that out there? Being addicted means not being able to get away from the game whereas I post once ever month or so, you on the other hand with your 886 posts since 2011 is the definition of addicted contrasted with my 474 since 2010.
    Last edited by bigjohnburger; 2012-12-09 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Sounded kind of mean

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Even the bare minimum 45 per week for elder charms sucks. Somebody who just wants to raid should not be forced to do 45 daily quests each week.
    This is my favorite thing about MoP. I love that people rage about dailies, and many don't do them. I want to be rewarded for my effort, and face rolling 5 mans and LFR don't count as effort. I hope they keep charms just they way they are, but remove the rep requirement from valor gear.