Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And this was at level 90 pvp? Granted I am not subbed for MOP (and don't intend to be), I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in my 7 years of playing this game.

Is this type of thing common now in the level 90 bracket?

Deleted
    Okay this ticket is kind of offensive so i post a link to it instead, your choice clicking it:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2nb5yci.jpg

I am offended by the infraction.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-12-13 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    I don't think that's what he meant, as far as I see it he means that Blizzard programs new code to make sure the bots cannot work... or at least try to.
    For one I think it could be solved to have people respawn at a random graveyard not a default one. And/Or perhaps that you have to click a cogwheel or something that is never in the same spot to be revived.
    And preferable have people respawn at a location far from the main fight so they're not in range to get honor.
    If these things are implemented it would make it much harder to program bots.

Or have human checks. So that when someone is reported a few times for botting, het gets a human check, so has to press certain keys or click something in a set order.... if the person fails he gets kicked from the battleground... One can only get checked once during a battleground and not if just one person reports him, but several.
    you sure are a retard the bot devs have a team to they work constantly on it know as great coders like apoc raphus Natfoth nessox if blizzards updates honorbuddy updates to if warden chance the bots go offline because of the protection of tripwire to keep or accounts safe agains the detection that time also you have smart botters who dont gather they just do quest from time to time and let it rest like a normal human player you can raid with the bot arena with the bot by using lazyraider and move you self the bot wil do the rotation interupting as wel healing or dps many people see botters as a dangerous thing but it isnt we pay our wow sub the same as you do but we do like to have a life outside of wow some botters dont even farm gold they use it for questing and pvp arena raids if you have a good custom classes what people write there it wil do evrything a normal player also does. and as i said honorbuddy never breaks they update it instantly and also honorbuddy doesend lose the lawsuit only in germany witch is great not the Rest of the law the lawsuit in germany isnt so corrupted as in US like shit judge july in germany you have roman law in us civil thats mutch difference

read the blizzard vs bossland on their forum its Just germany that cant buy the bot anymore

The ruling will be on 29th January. From this point on we can no longer distribute Honorbuddy in the territory of Germany, just Germany.

they wont shut it down because we do nothing illigal

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-03 at 12:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    And this was at level 90 pvp? Granted I am not subbed for MOP (and don't intend to be), I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in my 7 years of playing this game.

I dont even know how people like TS makes this shit happen, i dident note a single bot when i farmed for my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Okay this ticket is kind of offensive so i post a link to it instead, your choice clicking it:

Thats you? Congratulations for "hacking the game" *facepalm. You must be either 8 years of age or extremly retarded, probably both. F**king badass dude flaming a random gm for you not being able to play properly.

what blizzard does with report is watching person x. and then they try to find how the bots work. and then they try to shut the bot down. but they are having a hard time shuting down honnorbudy. or what ever bot they are using. danning people using bot doesn't solve the problem. because you need to shut down the source. but it ain't that easy with the law in europe.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post

does that makes you happy?

sad people are living in this world.....

Deleted
    yes they do ban bots and lots of them.

what they can never stop is programmers finding ways around why they where located then improve, then blizzard bans that wave....etc etc etc a vicious cycle which will never be stopped, there also more visible in WoW as there are millions of players as opposed the the hundreds of thousands of other mmos.

Yesterday in Gilneas I ninja'd light house flag. about 30 seconds later the alliance respawn showed up on the hill. I typed in raid chat, "Inc LH, probably gonna lose it." 5 Players decended on LH flag, all 5 of them at the same moment, stopped moving, dismounted, separated slightly and then mounted again, all at the same time. 3 then headed to mine, and 2 to water works. Not one of them touched the flag.

Bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    Yesterday in Gilneas I ninja'd light house flag. about 30 seconds later the alliance respawn showed up on the hill. I typed in raid chat, "Inc LH, probably gonna lose it." 5 Players decended on LH flag, all 5 of them at the same moment, stopped moving, dismounted, separated slightly and then mounted again, all at the same time. 3 then headed to mine, and 2 to water works. Not one of them touched the flag.

Bad Bots.
    Fixed a missing word

Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    I'm not a scientist but i think blizzard is currently working on shutting down honorbuddy and various other bots instead of just playing the short term ban everyone they see using it sort of thing, trust me im a scientist.
    They already did the same thing to Piroxbots, had them shut down by the court, which is what I used. Damn shame too cause they had awesome scripts. I actually watched a few to make sure I didnt have some herpderp bot running and I played better than half my team and was always #1 healing done lol.

Deleted
    Im sorry about my behaviour, i took medicine during that time and went over the top. I want to say sorry to everyone i hurted.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-31 at 06:51 PM.

I can pull random numbers and percentages out of my ass and claim them to be fact as well.

For example: 70% of the people in this game play warriors.

I've been doing bgs a long long time and while there are a few bots here and there its never been 9 bots. So my guess is you lost the bg and need to find something to blame it on. Move on.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Solution: Just stop playing PVP. It's not interesting to play with bots or with the increasing lack of balance that comes with every expansion. Get out while you are ahead and stop wasting your time on something that Blizzard obviously has no idea how to manage efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I've been doing bgs a long long time and while there are a few bots here and there its never been 9 bots. So my guess is you lost the bg and need to find something to blame it on. Move on.
    It happens, especially in the night. Last night we had 8 bots in arathi, they were riding to the stables, unmount, run in circles, mount again and ride to the lumber mill, where they would dismount again, run some circles, and then head back to the stables where they started again. We did win anyhow, because the horde obviously also had 50% bots.

I really don't think blizzard is taking immediate action against botters, I guess they are just collecting data. The "report bot" function is something that goes directly into their trash bin, as soon as they can technically prove who was botting they do it in huge ban waves, no one there ever would check a single manual bot report.

I reported a bot who is farming turtles in the valley of the four winds. When I first reported him weeks ago he was 85, all his items had no durability left, yet as a hunter he was still able to kill a turtle one by one. Last weekend I saw him there again, of course he was 90 by now, and still farming the same turtles.

There is nothing we can do against them, except hoping that blizzard is eventually taking action.

Everybody gets banned if they're reported enough. Blizzard doesn't investigate - squeaky wheel just gets the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    If they were all bots how come everyone is 0/0/0 etc. Anyone using a proper bot isn't going to use an AFK bot in a BG.

If they're using Honorbuddy the bot seeks out enemy plays to attack, caps points, defends points etc, uses a set rotation for attacks/heals. If anything the bots actually do more for a battleground than 90% of players.
    Have to agree. Havent tried Honorbuddy but used Piroxbots before Blizzard shut them down. The scripts were flawless. I botted 5 different characters to full PvP gear. Each map has 4-5 different routes and every time you die a new one is chosen at random so unless someone is realling paying attention they arent going to catch on. I capped, defended, assaulted, CCed, and topped the healing meter. Are you really going to think that your best player is a bot? Thats why most dont get banned. When some dude is keeping you healed while you take out 3 players are you really going to go "Damn this guy is a bot let me report him ASAP" Hell if anything can we ban bad players? Cause my bot played better than half my team and if you want bots gone then that means you want bad players gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Have to agree. Havent tried Honorbuddy but used Piroxbots before Blizzard shut them down. The scripts were flawless. I botted 5 different characters to full PvP gear. Each map has 4-5 different routes and every time you die a new one is chosen at random so unless someone is realling paying attention they arent going to catch on. I capped, defended, assaulted, CCed, and topped the healing meter. Are you really going to think that your best player is a bot? Thats why most dont get banned. When some dude is keeping you healed while you take out 3 players are you really going to go "Damn this guy is a bot let me report him ASAP" Hell if anything can we ban bad players? Cause my bot played better than half my team and if you want bots gone then that means you want bad players gone too.
    I have, and on occasion still do Use honorbuddy.... and all of that is still true. PS I only bot to level, which includes sometimes dipping into PvP, and not a 100%, can't bot to 90 and not know how to play your character.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    You now have to do 33 dungeons in a week to cap your valor. What the fuck? Dungeons take close to 30 minutes. That's 16 1/2 HOURS of grindage. Who thought THIS was a good idea? Oh you could do dailies, and possibly shave off half that time, still doesn't change the fact it's too much for one player to do.
    I know this a few pages back but just thought I'd call out some horrible math.

1 heroic a day for 80 valor = 560 valor which would mean 11 more heroics to valor cap yourself purely from heroics.

Thats 18 dungeons, a lot less than 30 but still a lot.

But wait there are dailies too right? Well let's assume you do one faction worth of dailies a day.

5 dailies for 5 valor each a day would make 175 valor, which leaves you with under 14 heroics a week to do.

But everyone hates dailies right? Well what about LFR?

5 LFRs for 90 Valor each = 450 valor + one heroic each day = 1010 valor per week (over cap).

And thats assuming you don't do a mixture of all three and that you aren't clearing any normal mode bosses.

At this point I think some of the bots and multiboxers are better then 90% of the players you see in a random BG. And in all honesty I would rather play with them then half the player base. They don't scream obscenities in BG's, talk trash, bash other players. They simply go about their business, if they win they win if they loose they don't make a fuss about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post

I once did a EoTS on my alt (10 days ago or so) the horde team, I guess the bots broken, and they all clumpt up at the blood elf tower flag spot, and sat there, for the whole game, reported,

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go out and say it. I have yet to see an obvious bot in any BG's. I still don't see why this is such an issue. I have yet to see one, honestly.
    And I've geared my pally Ret, my pally Holy, and my druid Feral this season doing enough bg's to get them dreadful before any arenas and my feral I even bothered to upgrade all of his blues because I was bored.