Upgrade worth it with GPU shortage?

I purchased an HP in 2013. I have updated here and there but feel it’s time for a new PC. I’d really like a new case and the storage on the SSD is beginning to really hold me back. Because of the GPU shortage I was considering keeping this one for now and upgrading other components. (MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GAMING X Video Card.) Is it worth it to do this or should I just wait until I am able to update everything?

I tried to list most of the PC components- please let me know if there is anything else you would need to know to answer.
    Intel Core i5-3330 3 GHz Quad-Core Processor (original)
    Foxconn H61MD Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (original)
    Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 CL10 Memory
    Samsung 850 Pro Series 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Driv
    MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GAMING X Video Card
    EVGA 600B 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

With the current state of gpu's your best bet is to acquire the one you want and then start planning for the new build.

That 3000 series i5 is probably holding you back some, particularly on minimum framerates.

The 1060 is still a serviceable 1080p card, so upgrading the rest of the system and waiting on the GPU would definitely net you some performance. Again, probably not maximum framerates so much, but performance will be a lot more even and your minimums will be a LOT better.

It kinda depends what games youre playing too.

Waiting is tricky ... there's no sign that the prices/stocks will get better anytime soon ... like you can forget getting a good gpu at a decent price this year or even the next.

If your current gpu can't handle the games you want to play, then it's probably worth to get one now, even if overpriced, as you'll be using it straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Waiting is tricky ... there's no sign that the prices/stocks will get better anytime soon ... like you can forget getting a good gpu at a decent price this year or even the next.

If your current gpu can't handle the games you want to play, then it's probably worth to get one now, even if overpriced, as you'll be using it straight away.
    But he could build the rest of the rig, use the 1060, and have a working rig while he tries to grab a new GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    But he could build the rest of the rig, use the 1060, and have a working rig while he tries to grab a new GPU.
    I did say if his current gpu can't handle the games he wants to play. Like if his gpu puts out 20 fps with the lowest settings, going ahead and upgrading the rest of components but the gpu won't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    I did say if his current gpu can't handle the games he wants to play. Like if his gpu puts out 20 fps with the lowest settings, going ahead and upgrading the rest of components but the gpu won't make any difference.
    Im uncertain in what reality a GTX 1060 only puts out 20fps at 1080p where it isnt a CPU limitation.