Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Many people agree that CRZs are stupidly broken, especially on PvP servers
    Started with a wrong statement can only follow a wrong idea.

The only few people complaining are the pve players that hoped to lvl in peace in pvp servers .

The best thing they could do with world PvP is remove it entirely.

Try tell this to the PvP only players who dont use the standard UI have a full set of keybinds... Then suddenly everything changes to a random character with different skills on different keybinds ?
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

I know a better idea. Make a system so that a level 20 player is PvP statwise equal to a level 90 player. Only difference is that a level 20 player has less skills then a level 90 player. So a Paladin level 20 does the same damage with Skills X as Paladin level 90. The only more power that is available comes from having more skills.

This makes world PvP cool again.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Craziest thing happened today. Twenty Blackrock Scouts dancing ontop of the Redridge Stables. It was like Rend was all like 'screw invading shit, go MC hammer on their arses'."
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty the "dishonorable kills" thing would work as a minor deterrent for those who still needed the honor, but if they don't focus on PvP nor care about honor loss (full Deadly+), this system doesn't work.

However, I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole "Many people agree that CRZs are stupidly broken, especially on PvP servers." thing. Is ganking a problem for you in PvP servers? Is camping an issue? This is the same thing that went on in Vanilla and I gotta say... it's refreshing. Getting ganked and ganking back was something I missed from my leveling experiences. I knew what I was getting myself into when I rolled on a PvP server... I'm guessing half the population didn't.

Short and sweet: PvP server = right to gank (or try to) anything and everything for any reason. PvE server = safe and sound to do your bidding. Don't like it? You made the choice, don't try to shrug it off as broken because a (now) regrettable decision was made.

Guild Wars 2 is terrible and deserted, there is a reason for it. Down-leveling is shit.

Dishonourable kills was an absolute failure.

I have a better idea for people complaining about gankers. Reroll a PVE realm. That way you can hide behind your blue shield.

The fact that people are suggesting bringing back Dishonourable kills and even talking about scaling down your character to scrub level is sad. This game is about improving your character throughout time and effort. If you seriously suggest scaling that down, and losing any progression your character has, just to make a level 21, farming tin, feel mighty, then you may as well just stick to pet battling.

Ganking is a part of the game, a part that has taken an unfortunate frequency now that CRZ hit, but still. None of these ideas sound in any way good, only one that truly works, is leave PVP realms.

I've always thought a good idea was to but a mark of death on your or something which high level NPC's hunt you for "murder" basically.

The idea is interesting, but it is also super pointless now that you can just sit in a major city and play damn near your entire game from there after level 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this seems way too complex. Why not then just normalize their gear to the lowbie level for at least 15 minutes or until killed...
    So if you decide to kill a lowbie of lvl 25 you will be normalized to lvl 25 for the next 15 minutes (or until you get killed too).

Deleted
    I like some of it, mainly the part about downleveling like in guild wars, the part about transformation, hate it.

But it will never come. Wanna hear why? That part of guild wars is build into the zone, i can ofc not be sure, But i bet it would take a Damn lot of time, and money to make that, and for what? to stop ganking? The golden rule on a PVP server, if you are out in the open(not dungeon or Bg) it your own fault for not having a friend at max level around you, or you main in the area so you can log out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to have such zones. However the ability ot gank and stay out of punishment must stay. I don't gank, never did, yet it MUST stay.
    But you offered a nice bg-like idea. E.g.: turn such mode in some zones peiodicaly. Invent a goal to reach. Give some cookies. Profit.

Deleted
    AND if i may add, The Guild wars Downleveling/upleveling is also beside "weird" it is also broken, You may have the same stats, and base damge. But the fact you can have more abilitys(class slot 6-7-8-9 and your ultimate) and the traits so i can with a engineer throw 4 grenades each time instedt of 2. So even accoring to you everthing but " super genius idea" On my mage i would still be able to use frost shield, frost bombs, and so many many other spells. Sure our frost bolt might do the same damge, But i have 5 times the same CC as a level 31.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    All they have to do is make you unable to attack players more than 10 levels lower than you.
    This is the only thing that would work to 'cure' the griefing problem. The problem is not the players that kill once and move on, but those who kill and camp entire leveling zones.

A ten level PvP restriction would be a good idea, or it should be matched to the relevant battleground restrictions for level. This would ensure that a high level player can not attack a low level, even by mistake, unless the low level attacked first or took any form of PvP action (healing, buffing, etc.). In the event of a low level attacking first, they should grant honor for their sheer stupidity.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a silly idea in theory, I think the best thing is to leave it how it is, It's been fine for years, the only people who moan about it are indeed those who either didn't read what a PvP realm meant, or those that thought it wouldn't affect them, It's perfectly fine the way it is, and working as intended

Scaling is a very clunky way to approach the issue.

IMHO - the best fix for world PvP is to allow you to dismount people on flying mounts. That way, gankers can't run away when faced with real PvP opposition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    All they have to do is make you unable to attack players more than 10 levels lower than you.
    pve server

You know what I hate about vehicle-quests? They make me control something else than my character and employ something else than my character's skills.

Per-zone level scaling has been suggested many times for this game. It would solve a lot of PvP problems, and somewhat eradicate the idea of instance / raid content becoming completely irrelevant.

When / if it ever happens, it will be delightful to watch the tears flow on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Only people that seem to be complaining about CRZ are those that where crying that there was no world PVP.
    Not true at all, virtually everyone I've talked to on PvE servers despises CRZ and most of the people I've talked to on PvP servers hate CRZ and didn't care one way or the other when there was no world PvP. I don't actually consider ganking to be world PvP, either.

However, this isn't a thread about CRZ so let's try to keep it on topic, shall we?

OP, I actually like some aspects of your proposal. I did play GW2 and I like the concept of downleveling but I also agree that I don't think it would really work for WoW. It'd have to have some limits because in this day and age, people are used to running around solo'ing whatever old world content they want to and there would definitely be a lot of unhappy people if suddenly they got downleveled to the zone and couldn't do that anymore.

It would have to be PvP specific, as in they could only get downleveled if they engaged in PvP activity with someone of that level...not just hitting any random mob in the area. It would also obviously have to have some sort of debuff timer so that the player could go to a safe zone if they wanted to go back to their normal level and wait it out (5-10 minutes?).

I'd also disagree with the idea of the character transforming into something else and their skill set changing. With all the things we've been waiting for, it sounds like something that would be too complicated and take up too much time for Blizzard to implement. It'd be much simpler to just downlevel the player.