High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement - Flameshock

Hey guys, someone told me recently that Glyphed Flameshock is now a dps loss? Have they changed flameshock somehow? I've tried searching for the change, but I can't find it anywhere... any input?

i just ran couple of fast simulations with simcraft, and it seems to be about 200dps loss to use glyphed flame shock, atleast with my gear, dont know if it changes in some point tho.

Ran a quick simcraft on it too, and I come out with a 500dps loss when not using glyphed flameshock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why it would be a dps loss. Just about all of the enhance glyphs suck or are for increased self healing. It's the one glyph that let's you actually use MORE earth shocks thus giving a slight dps increase.

well I assume the only reason it would be a dps loss is if the coefficient on the initial hit was higher, and that at higher gear levels this then over took the gain from more ES, but I have no idea if this is true. Factor in that in a real life raid, its much better to have a longer dot, allowing for all sorts of things going on.

and now refreshing flame shock with unleashed flame isn't that smooth anymore, and the uptime of flame shock dot isn't even near to 100% anymore.

For me, at 504 ilvl, it's a 300 DPS loss to not glyph Flame Shock.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Its caused by the scaling of the instant portion of flameshock out-scaling earthshocks damage when coupled with Unleash Flame. At a certain gear level it will be a slight dps loss to use Flameshock Glyph. However it is so slight that you realy should not bother re-glyphing if it makes you uncomfortable with the rotation.
    Best thing to do - as always - is to sim it and evaluate on your own if its worth the hassle

Deleted
    /castsequence reset=10 unleash elements, flame shock, earth shock

I've had this macro for the past 2 years and because of it glyphing flame shock didn't feel right with my rotation.

It frees up keybinding space and makes your rotation a whole lot easier.

You'll also have more time to focus on the rest of your rotation/movement because you don't have to keep track of the flame shock duration.

Just give it a shot.

I didn't glyph flameshock for a while beginning in 5.0 and always felt like the length of the FS dot didn't play well with our priority and other cd's like UE. I'd often have it drop off or need to refresh really early to keep it up and still make use of UE. Once I glpyhed FS the priority/rotation feels much smoother. Even if it is a couple hundred dps loss in sims, I'm keeping it glyphed. I also feel like having the longer duration, and thus less GCD's used on FS, opens up for space for higher priority abilities and not just room for extra ES's (instead of that FS maybe you get an extra LB instead?)
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus in multi target fights it frees up your Unleash for Nova's
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

DPS loss for me without the glyph.

Are you guys all running UF?

If you don't run UF, you may delay UE more often which probably makes the unglyphed version better else you'll end up FS'ing target without UE buff or delaying it.
    I haven't simmed it, but I think this may be the reason since with better gear you will delay UE more often if not specced UF.

Regardless of what simulationcraft says theory and real gameplay are two different things. In practice it is a dps boost in most cases.
    Last edited by HatredAU; 2012-12-09 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    Regardless of what simulationcraft says theory and real gameplay are two different things. In practice it is a dps boost in most cases.
    Why?

Actually to make it work, you'd have to get 2 or 3 earth shocks between two flame shocks. It means that you don't use flame shock while UE is up - so you lose 30% flame shock damage.

In a normal rotation i don't get two ES between two FS because i use FS always with UF.

I've tried it for hours, i nearly never was able to get two earth shock between two uf. I wuld have to priorize ES over stromstrike or LL or LB - which is simply nonsense. I simply do not understand why i should glyph it.
    +
    Other ways i would have to use flame shock without UF buff.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2012-12-09 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    I imagine to anyone who played enhance throughout cata unglyphed is simply more natural. Hearing this news if I actually go into a real raid again I plan to take the glyph out, I never really liked it anyway and I found myself making a conscious decision about whether I needed to ES this UE or FS it. This will be down to preference but as I began, I think most who played through cata will be used to the old style of UE and FS almost always tagging together in a single target situation (IF delayed due to UF. I don't like UF too but it's hard to deny the dps increase having used EB and PE for the first month~ in raids)

I disagree with Klatar's point about not fitting ES's in, there are plenty of slots atm early in the expansion when natural haste is low (although I am currently going mastery > haste simply because I'm a creature of habit and hear it's better anyway). This will be down to your perception and how you do things, but generally I find I do have time to fit in 2+ ES's almost every glyphed FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Why?

Actually to make it work, you'd have to get 2 or 3 earth shocks between two flame shocks. It means that you don't use flame shock while UE is up - so you lose 30% flame shock damage.

In a normal rotation i don't get two ES between two FS because i use FS always with UF.

I've tried it for hours, i nearly never was able to get two earth shock between two uf. I wuld have to priorize ES over stromstrike or LL or LB - which is simply nonsense. I simply do not understand why i should glyph it.
    +
    Other ways i would have to use flame shock without UF buff.
    If you choose to be willfully ignorant, accept that your output will suffer but please don't spread misinformation amongst other players.