Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh look its this thread again. Right on time.

when you have a tuesday off - toke, fap, nap, wooo servers are up and I'm all rested too

Are you a student?

Study for finals you slacker.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torao View Post
    No surprise, but you’d think after 8 years they would have this down to a minimum now. Seems to happen every week. I’m not one to complain, but it sucks when it’s your day off
    FYI Downtime wasn't "extended" the maintenance block on my launcher says from 1 am to 1 pm. that's not an extension. That's Blizzard, telling you IN ADVANCE that there will be a full 12 hour block this week. Just in the off chance that they need the time to fix an issue that pops up unexpectedly. Seriously. You bitch because they never give themselves enough time for maintenance, and when they do, you still bitch. If I were to hang you, with a new rope, would you still complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    They need to hire more employees. If they are having issues completing maint by the deadline. Generally people that fail to meet deadlines as often as blizzard does get fired.
    The number employees doesn't have anything to do with it 9 times out of 10. Actually probably closer to 10 times out of 10.

Deleted
    Every week there's a thread complaining about maintanance by someone who took a day off. For fuck sake, there is down time on tuesday/wednesday, stop taking days off to play WoW on maintanance days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyr View Post
    FYI Downtime wasn't "extended" the maintenance block on my launcher says from 1 am to 1 pm. that's not an extension. That's Blizzard, telling you IN ADVANCE that there will be a full 12 hour block this week. Just in the off chance that they need the time to fix an issue that pops up unexpectedly. Seriously. You bitch because they never give themselves enough time for maintenance, and when they do, you still bitch. If I were to hang you, with a new rope, would you still complain?
    Actually the original post from Blizz did say 11. I hope it's up by three.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, December 11th. Maintenance will begin at 1:00 AM PST and is expected to last for 10 hours. During this time, all realms and many web services will be unavailable."

It was originally a 10hr downtime from 1am to 11am. Around 10am this morning the launcher window was updated to 1pm, just fyi =).

(10am pst, I should add)
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2012-12-11 at 06:56 PM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

I still can't believe people think you can apply a patch to a software environment that is running billions, maybe even trillions of lines of code and database fields across hundreds of servers system wide like you do a installing updates to your home computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    Every week there's a thread complaining about maintanance by someone who took a day off. For fuck sake, there is down time on tuesday/wednesday, stop taking days off to play WoW on maintanance days.
    This 100%. It's not like maintenance on Tuesdays is a new thing. It's been happening as long as I can remember. Quit calling in sick on Tuesdays to sit in forums and bitch, and actually do something productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was originally 1am till 11am, they extended it until 1pm around 10am this morning. This is me correcting you trying to correct someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    It was originally a 10hr downtime from 1am to 11am. Around 10am this morning the launcher window was updated to 1pm, just fyi =).

(10am pst, I should add)
    Actually, no it wasn't. I logged in at around 0900 this morning, and saw the 1 am to 1 pm time on my launcher.

Also, two things to consider:
    a) "Patch Tuesday" is not a term exclusive to Blizzard. Its been this way for 6+ years.
    b) There are a lot of bugs in game atm, not gamebreaking, not experienced by the majority, but they exist and they need fixing. With 5.1 just added, the new quest chain has produced some glitchy instancing problems that they have only recently discovered.

i live on the east coast so i was happy to see that when they originally decided to do an extra 2 hours of maintenance this week, they cut into the pacific side in terms of when the maintenance started instead of pushing it further into the afternoon on the east side. 4pm is a bit late for maintenance to go on until, but those luckies on the west coast will have it up at 1pm.

I agree with OP, it sucks that maintenance gets extended quite more often than it doesn't, however, it helps to understand that issues do op up sometimes when implementing changes, shit happens. I, personally, have learned to just accept it and I usually find other games to play during the maintenance, or jam on my guitar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, no it wasn't. I logged in at around 0900 this morning, and saw the 1 am to 1 pm time on my launcher.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7349465227

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...60551481786368

You'd think you'd get tired of being wrong.

Is it just me or has the downtime in the last month or months been really excessive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istrain View Post
    Actually, moron, I said WHEN I LOGGED IN. I didn't say that it didn't say it. I simply stated that WHEN I LOGGED IN, I saw the 1 am to 1 pm time frame. You'd think you'd get tired of trolling my fucking posts. Get a life, dipshit.

"This is me being an asshole to you, because you're an idiot."

Infracted. Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-11 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 10am, PST when I brought up my launcher. Congrats on trying to log in before me, i guess?
    Take advantage of this time to re-evaluate things... Is all this anger really beneficial in the end?

Here is the link to the SRM post in the battle.net Service Status forum, showing it was meant to be 10hrs.
    As I type this the post has not been updated to reflect the 1pm time change.

"We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, December 11th. Maintenance will begin at 1:00 AM PST and is expected to last for 10 hours. During this time, all realms and many web services will be unavailable."
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2012-12-11 at 07:02 PM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

No, it said 1AM to 11AM before. Blizzard has been doing this more and more lately, and is the only thing that makes me angry about extended downtimes. The last three times they've extended it they've just changed one of the times in the original splash screen message.