Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your most memorable place in Azeroth

We all sometimes love to just hang out in Azeroth. There have been many memories attached to quite a few places. Some sweet memories of questing with friends and family and some moments of epic fights that raised our hearthbeat and charged us up forever that we can never forget it. Whatever be your reason, you would always remember that place. This is a post to share with others your screenshot of your most memorable place and why. I am sure people would love to read and look at your posts. I know I will. But, just to avoid the commotion and lack of organization, here are the rules. Although I can't enforce it but I hope Mods do.

1. Try to post atleast one screenshot but only a maximum of 3. Please do not post if you are not giving links or attaching the image of your favorite place or atleast explaining in detail about it so that it's obvious which place you are talking about. It would be best if you can share the image though as a picture is worth 1000...

2. No trolling, flaming, mocking etc etc.

3. Please share also your memories with your post/image. Remember if you don't share your reason for sharing that place, it's just another screenshot of a place in azeroth that we have all seen hundreds of times.

4. Avoid leaking information that could reveal your identity. No names of real people or places please. Don't post your in-game name if you don't want that. Take screenshots with UI elements removed. You can do that by pressing Alt-Z in-game.

Now, here's my pick. Personally I have had some unforgettable memories in Azeroth, most of them in BGs but one special one outside a BG was back in 2009 when WotLK was in full swing and we were all getting ready to face the LICH KING, you know, gearing and all. I had just started playing and I was gearing/learning/practicing to heal with my priest to get to raid with my guild. One of my first most difficult fight was in this dungeon. Before raiding... actually even after raiding until now, no other place has got my adrenaline going like this place. Maybe it was the thrill of my first difficult fight or just the feel of the place or actually fighting the Lich King. Also, it was back in 2009 and most who would get in would be undergeared and back then this was a difficult fight. So, what's your favorite place?

Storm Peaks and Kun'lai.

I guess i'm just a sucker for those breath-taking, mountainous terrains. Kun'lai was an absolutely perfect rendition of Tibet and suited the Monk theme perfectly; especially with their major 'dojo' tucked away right up in the summit. Plains of heathland, the marauding Yaungolians, the plight of the Pandaren natives, the Sha but looking down from above it all, the Monks who train in the bracing, biting cold. Great stuff.

As to Storm Peaks, what is there to say? It has the best music scores in the game in my opinion, both day and night music. The sights are incredible, the quest experience is immersive and enlightening; you are literally at the very top of the world where nigh everything began; Ulduar, the 'seat of creation' as I believe it's referred to by an NPC. One of the most significant, important and beautiful areas in the game, and still my #1.

Ghostlands, simply because it had a LOT of atmosphere for someone who was new to the game. The sparse music, the scar running through it, it's just a very cool zone. Hellfire Peninsula would get my vote as well.

Deleted
    Most hauntingly beautiful place on Azeroth:

I hate that it's now ruined by the golbins. It was perfect just they way it was

NOTHING compares to BRM, pre-bc.

my new computer has none of my old crap..but i remember gruuls lair back when warlocks sacced there pet went destro and almost ever cast was 5-6k crits.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Shadowglen. My first wow experience was the one I get nostalgic about the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The very first time I came upon Kharanos during Winter's Veil. I was amazed at it all.

2. Seeing Nagrand for the first time on a flying mount. I never thought that zone could
    be more beautiful, but it truly was.

3. Kun-Lai summit for sure. Impressive all around. There were moments when I felt
    like a new player again. Astounding views all around.

(I'm sorry I don't have any screenshots but I'm pretty sure we all know what they look like xD)
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

The Loch Modan dam in Loch Modan, pre-Cata. The old gang used to hang out around there, kinda sucks it was destroyed.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Nobody is saying places that are actually on Azeroth.

The old entrance to Naxx. Why? Because it literally doesn't exist anymore.

Deleted
    Deadmines. With whole story behind it. I mean, secret mine in a house, pirates, and pirate ship in underground cave?!? Awesome place. I would love too lose all memories about it and went there to see whole thing again ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    The Loch Modan dam in Loch Modan, pre-Cata. The old gang used to hang out around there, kinda sucks it was destroyed.
    They will one day rebuild the dam! Or so I hope; I think of all the pre-Cata memories for people, old and new, that was probably one of the most poignant. Calm and tranquil Loch Modan, replaced by Puddle Modan with generic Twilight mobs and evil shenanigans. The former of the two, I think would win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spxy View Post
    Deadmines. With whole story behind it. I mean, secret mine in a house, pirates, and pirate ship in underground cave?!? Awesome place. I would love too lose all memories about it and went there to see whole thing again ^^

agreed, I miss the old Deadmines, Mr Smite, and VanCleef. Just isn't the same.

For me it would be Burning Steppes/BRM. Just lots of fun times there in Vanilla with world PVP, plus I remember the first time flying over the statues when I was first playing, was so awesome seeing them.

And then Winterspring because i spent so many days there farming my wintersaber mount back in vanilla when I was still alliance.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    No screenshots, but oldschool Azsahara was amazing, REALLY wish they had not changed it.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    They will one day rebuild the dam! Or so I hope; I think of all the pre-Cata memories for people, old and new, that was probably one of the most poignant. Calm and tranquil Loch Modan, replaced by Puddle Modan with generic Twilight mobs and evil shenanigans. The former of the two, I think would win.
    It'll be rebuilt just like they rebuilt the bridge in redridge...only took them, what, six years?
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Deleted
    I remember being pretty impressed with this. It was nice to go back and get a screenie.

The "type delete to delete your toon screen" is mine. Also, the "World of Warcraft" has been uninstalled too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    The "type delete to delete your toon screen" is mine. Also, the "World of Warcraft" has been uninstalled too.
    I love it when people add soooooooo much to a conversation >.>

Personally, first time flying in on Icecrown and seeing ICC in all it's dark, gothic glory. Just amazing.

Seeing the Southshore/Taren Mill world PvP-fest back in vanilla before you could queue for BGs without being at the BG entrance is probably mine. Now if they could only make world PvP again like that, but not enough people would be willing to lose access to BG queues and flying mounts for that to happen.