Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Does having the gear make it easier to win? Can you pay to receive this gear? Yes? Then it's Pay 2 Win.
    What are you winning by playing space missions?

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Using those commendations to buy other ship parts or social gear (flight suits) with no attachments in them affects other players how?
    Pay to Win means paying real life money in order to beat other players. How do these ship parts affect you in PVP or doing space missions?
    Um, it makes space missions easier to complete and receive more comms? By the way, no, the space dailies give out BH comms, fleet comms, and daily comms. And, no, Pay to Win means you can pay to have an advantage over others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I didn't realize so many people played the space missions until I saw the uproar over this.

So pay to win...a mini-game?
    my main concern would be if it's a kind of test the market thing. WoW has done this many many times. Propose a small change and publicize it and see how it plays out on the forums. Or a pet for sale on their website, etc...

And it bears thought because this is only a minigame and as thus has very little effect on the game as a whole, but if they sell well and is well-received by the community, it could change EA/BW's view on selling armor and weapons.

An internal communication error on the value... Again we see how piss poorly this game is managed. This isn't just a one time problem, this has been the status quo for years with this title at BW.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    my main concern would be if it's a kind of test the market thing. WoW has done this many many times. Propose a small change and publicize it and see how it plays out on the forums. Or a pet for sale on their website, etc...

And it bears thought because this is only a minigame and as thus has very little effect on the game as a whole, but if they sell well and is well-received by the community, it could change EA/BW's view on selling armor and weapons.
    Wow has had a p2w in place for quite some time now. When you race change it's not entirely for cosmetic purposes.

Every popular game has some form of p2w element to it. Seems like SWTOR is wanting to do the same thing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using those commendations to buy other ship parts or social gear (flight suits) with no attachments in them affects other players how?
    Pay to Win means paying real life money in order to beat other players. How do these ship parts affect you in PVP or doing space missions?
    No, you use the commendations to buy raid gear now. The new missions drop daily and BH comms...which are currency for the highest quality items in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Wow has had a p2w in place for quite some time now. When you race change it's not entirely for cosmetic purposes.

Every popular game has some form of p2w element to it. Seems like SWTOR is wanting to do the same thing.
    This is a silly argument and wasn't even intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    Let's wait what items they will put in the Cartel Market in next mini, maintenance patches, actually next big content patch. If they do put in level 50 artifact PvE/PvP gear, then we can all go stop paying for subs for this game, stop buying stuff from Cartel Market and that way we show our distaste/disapproval for their decisions once and for all. I hope I don't need to tell ppl if that scenario does occur, it doesn't matter what price tags are on those items.

At the moment, they have put only max level item upgrades for a mini-game, so they can get away with it. That's mainly you don't compete with or against other players, it's a solo gameplay too. But we will see, I won't be surprised any decisions they make for this game.
    Last edited by mmoc907bd1685c; 2012-12-13 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No, you use the commendations to buy raid gear now. The new missions drop daily and BH comms...which are currency for the highest quality items in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 02:50 PM ----------

This is a silly argument and wasn't even intended.
    Nothing silly about in m8. Just how it is. The Wow devs even openly admit it gives you an advantage.

If they took out the comms from space missions would that suit everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So pay to win...a mini-game?
    A minigame that can be used to obtain end game gear?

Edit: Okay. Imagine if WoW had a fishing daily that gave tokens for epic gear.
    But you needed an epic fishing rod to complete it.
    Now, you could grind 1,500 rare fish (and it would take you about 45 hours of fishing)
    Or you could pay 10 dollars for the rod in a cash shop.

People would be like "oh. So if I pay 10 dollars I get my epics faster?"
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-12-13 at 08:15 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Nothing silly about in m8. Just how it is. The Wow devs even openly admit it gives you an advantage.
    It's silly because they've expressed that it was a mistake and was never intended to be an advantage. It's silly because the race change feature wasn't implemented to take advantage of that situation. It's silly because it depends on what class you play, what spec you are, whether it's an arguable advantage at all. It's silly because it's not related to this situation in any form as it's not an item you spend cash on.

And lastly, it's silly because this is a SWTOR forum. I guess I wasn't clear enough when I tried to be nice and called the post 'silly'.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    If they took out the comms from space missions would that suit everybody?
    No, because that was the right step forward to make space a better feature.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    So because of your so called "pay 2 win" space parts, you're thinking nobody will run Operations anymore or do dailies, everyone will do space missions?

The only thing these level 7 parts will affect is the crafters getting hosed.

No, because that was the right step forward to make space a better feature.
    So you don't want them to remove comms from the space battle but you don't like that people can do space battles "easier" with stuff from the galactic cartel and get comms. I guess they can only sell pets and vanity stuff then?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    in regarded to p2w or "pay 2 win"

here ya go:
    http://youtu.be/YIP6EwqMEoE

So because of your so called "pay 2 win" space parts, you're thinking nobody will run Operations anymore or do dailies, everyone will do space missions?
    Yeah. That's totally what I wrote.
    I can't believe that you think that the queen of England has been dead for 50 years and is actually a dried corpse puppet. What a preposterous thing to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't want them to remove comms from the space battle but you don't like that people can do space battles "easier" with stuff from the galactic cartel and get comms. I guess they can only sell pets and vanity stuff then?
    1) You clearly don't play the game if you think that the items only make the battles 'easier'. No no, they are what make them possible at all. You cannot do them without this gear.

2) You said "I guess they can only sell pets and vanity stuff then" like it was a ridiculous statement. It makes me laugh, because that is exactly what a cash shop should be selling if it is a great F2P model.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 03:26 PM ----------

Yeah. That's totally what I wrote.
    I can't believe that you think that the queen of England has been dead for 50 years and is actually a dried corpse puppet. What a preposterous thing to say.
    I believe he actually wrote that Hostess is going out of business because dinosaurs still exist at the center of the earth and need to be fed congealed fat creme, lest they run rampant on humanity and send us into the dark ages. This is actually what the Mayans predicted will happen this month. You are all doomed.

1) You clearly don't play the game if you think that the items only make the battles 'easier'. No no, they are what make them possible at all. You cannot do them without this gear.

2) You said "I guess they can only sell pets and vanity stuff then" like it was a ridiculous statement. It makes me laugh, because that is exactly what a cash shop should be selling if it is a great F2P model.[COLOR="red"]
    I mean if they removed the comms from space battles wouldn't that be EXACTLY what space parts are? I haven't looked into the cash shop I admit but I haven't had that much time to get back into the game. No need to get hostile.

Ugh no. This guys disagree.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...-missions-with
    SNIP...

I mean if they removed the comms from space battles wouldn't that be EXACTLY what space parts are? I haven't looked into the cash shop I admit but I haven't had that much time to get back into the game. No need to get hostile.
    I would support removing the black hole commendations from these missions.

Edit: Okay. Imagine if WoW had a fishing daily that gave tokens for epic gear.
    But you needed an epic fishing rod to complete it.
    Now, you could grind 1,500 rare fish (and it would take you about 45 hours of fishing)
    Or you could pay 10 dollars for the rod in a cash shop.

People would be like "oh. So if I pay 10 dollars I get my epics faster?"
    Well I didn't realize that you could get end game gear from the space missions.

What I was really surprised about though, was that so many folks actually played the space missions.

As a personal opinion, I'd rather run raids 100 times in a row for one piece of gear than to play those space missions for a full set. And I hate raiding.