Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    If something were to entice me to play again it would be:
    Remove the ancient mob tagging system and use shared loot.
    Shared nodes.

Mine is simple-- Playable Naga.

Remove achievements. It's not a miracle cure that would fix the game, but I think removing achievements would be a step back towards the game style I most enjoyed.

One difficulty per raid tier. I have no preference whether things are tuned to today's normal or heroic difficulty. Just pick one and stick with it. No need to pander to those who can't clear content.

Raid Tier X should not be made obsolete by Raid Tier X+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wine View Post
    Try and get a more social aspect in to the game. Like above, I personally feel the social aspect that made wow great has been taken away from the game.

Be more honest and open with the player base.
    I think this is a pretty big fuckup on their part.

They knew how players treat one another in LFD and LFR. Why would they ever think that it'd be a great idea to bring that kind of player interaction to the entire world

There's no penalty for being an absolute dickwad to anyone you meet. you're never going to see them again, and as long as you don't break the already pretty lenient TOS, there's nothing the opposite parties can do to stop you from being a dickwad. Which, in turn make the victims act like total dickwads and then suddenly, you've got very few people willing to give you a hand because frankly, everyone expects everyone else to screw them over, so why not screw over anyone who gets in your way?

There isn't the social stigma of blacklisting the ninjalooter by denouncing them to your guild and your buddies guild, and because the community is drop in drop out, it is absolutely incapable of policing itself. Not because the community refuses to police itself, but because blizzard has put these invisible walls between communities, yet forces them to interact without being able to counteract the infectious douchebags.

It's a good and noble concept, taking some of the waiting time or breathing life into the world again. but there are so many systems that should've been in place before they did what they did.

Like MoP is an excellent expac. It's far from perfect, but it does lots of things right. The problem is that the community has decayed to the point where their biggest pain point, as far as sub-retention is concerned isn't the glaring flaws in the game that everyone blamed cataclysm for (which still wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.) but the fact that LFD had turned one of the major social aspects of the game into an absolute nightmare. No tools were put in place to help govern the experience, and if someone wasn't being a dick with a kick-timer because his last group kicked him, someone else arbitrarily leaves after boss X because their item didn't drop. or rage quits because it's a partial run. or keeps talking shit while performing terribly.

I can deal with bad players, as long as they're humble about it. It doesn't take a lot to get through a MoP heroic, which is fortunate.

Essentially, the system protects griefers and people with no respect to their fellow players, and makes it more difficult for the people who actually give a fuck.

I've ranted about the botting situation before. It's pretty transparent at this point that some systems are terrible to the point where people are actually able to risk their accounts by cheating to get to the good stuff. At this point, why even have non-rated BG's?

They should move the honor/pvp system into some starcraft-esque leagues. make it so losing drops your rating, winning boosts your rating. Better leagues means faster acquisition of gear and harder competition. Imagine taking a shit-geared alt into a bg, and *gasp* be facing a team of equally shit-geared players. that actually sounds like fun. for larger BG's like AV, it could be that you get a small amount of high-league'd players, a fist full of mid-league players, and a bunch of nubs for fun.

The whole honor grind, where you jump into BG's with balls gear, get roflstomped with the scales tipped heavily against you, get yelled at by your team for being in scrub gear, coming back with 300 honor rinse and repeat until you have a set of gear respectable enough to run rated content. like why? Who still thinks this is a good idea?

They need to put tools in place to let the community police itself. They need to re-evaluate the systems people are cheating to get around.

It seemed that the classes that dominated had the easiest rotations, and other that had the 15 button rotations even when you did it right netted you less dps than the others. To me, it should be the opposite. If you can get a complicated rotation down, you deserve the higher dps. But if you are in a 1 or 2 button spammer and pwning dps, just never made sense to me.
    While this makes sense, and was very true through cataclysm (read: arcane mages) It's much less apparent in mop. Some classes are overly complex, and don't perform as well as some of the classes who aren't nearly as complex as the complex classes (like MM hunters, MW monks post 5.1). A lot of classes lost a lot of bloat in MoP. A lot of rotations had a sizable amount of RNG removed while still having something less rotational (like ret) than a paladin's 969. (if you're from the wrath era and happened to know how prot worked)

I haven't leveled every class to 90, (I have 3 90's and that was a feat in and of itself) I can say of the three I've leveled, the size of the rotation still has a large variance.

Deleted
    -Graphics changing. Doesnt have to be huge, player models are enough. No, seriously thats not the biggest job to do here. Only thing that makes it huge is people being overly attached to "WC3 quality models" so to speak.
    How likely is it that this will happen: 1/10 in next 2-4 years. (1 because it might happen in next xpack)

-My guildies come back. Doesnt have to be everyone. 4-5 at least.
    How likely is it that this will happen: 2/10 - might get 2 playing again if I'd go. But that would force me to be quite persuasive.

-My realm not being dead or blizzard offering free server transfers instead of paid ones to gtfo
    How likely is it that this will happen: 2/10 - me coming back wont revive realm nor it would give me free transfers. whole 2 points for free transfer with scroll tho!

-Warlocks get something awesome and cool and/or warriors feel awesome while tanking
    How likely is it that this will happen: 7/10 - I admit, I tried mop beta for while and I kinda liked warlock stuff (perm stance for demonology, nice) and warriors still feel pretty good as tanks (not because OP but the feel of em).
    However since above points wont happen - this is still minor.

-Patches, lfr and gear feels odd.
    When new patch comes along anyone can get last tiers gear pretty fast without much of effort. And you can just see content in LFR fast too. Why be subbed more than month on each patch? You see all content and never be worried about falling behind on gear.

Hmm...
    -better quests. They design them around being blasted through by alts, rather than remotely challenging or complicated. Would a puzzle here and there kill you? Some quests which are difficult and teach you class mechanics? Storytelling is gradually getting better though.

-innovate more, try something different. I just facepalmed when I realized they copied and pasted the Sons of Hodir rep to make the Therazane rep as far as rewards and core function of the story (both you start out hostile and earn their trust over a questline, unlocking dailies that reward you head enchantments). Slapping a new theme on all the old mechanics isn't worth the cost of a new game.

-stop wasting old content as fast as you create it. Every patch another tier of stuff becomes completely useless and easily acquirable by the masses. Every achievement you make in the game is either pointless or quickly made so within a few months. It's a glorified hamster wheel that's now built up 3 expansions of dead raid content (+ the level 60 raids, so effectively 4).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

make the world dangerous again. those zones in vanilla where you had gold elites wandering around? yup, they were actually good. you cant feel like a hero if you never feel threatened by the world around you. it just makes you feel like a bully.

make zones more open. the whole "on rails" philosophy is great for story-telling, but if i want story-telling i will read a book, or watch a film. games are supposed to be interactive.

get rid of brainless questing that requires no skill. it isnt the notion of dailies that is upsetting people, its dailies that are mind numbingly dull. its zynga gameplay that you are paying a subscription for. look at the mini-games in DMF. then work out that you need to do them about 1000 times to get all the pets and mounts. then unsubscribe and go and play mafia wars instead.

finally, and most importantly, Blizzard need to learn a lesson about gaming and gamers.....when it comes to games, having MORE options for how to do things is a good thing. taking rep grinds as an example, it should be possible to stick on a tabard to do it, but it should take AGES to do it this way. it should also be possible to do it grinding mobs or collecting items in the outside world. or doing dailies. or handing in crafted items, or farmed materials. or doing pvp. the only restriction should be that you get the rep for doing something in the game (rather than just buying the rep). so if you hand in herbs, you have to collect them while you are on a special quest, which makes them BoP so you cant just buy them on the AH.

more options in an RPG is a good thing. but for some reason the current philosophy appears to be "this is how we have decided you should play the game. no alternative will be possible". until that philosophy goes, there is no chance i will come back (apart from if they offer me a third 10 day free pass!)
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

oh gee.. they have fucked up too much. So much bullshit today. I don't even recognize wow anymore. Maybe if they could give me back that TBC feeling.. A burning legion expansion wouldn't be enough, there is ALOT of things that needs to be changed... they need to go back to the old model..

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame the whinners & lazy casuals, Blizzard alittle for giving in, but the accessiblity is great.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.F2P would be nice
    2. ..I dunno, Cataclysm just left me bitter, perhaps if there was a really-really good expac.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Please check previous posts for my answers.... THere's many, not gonna boter now/anymore.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I've been playing for 4 years straight and the reason I unsubbed is to take a break, since all of us take a break at some point from wow. But another thing that made me repelled from the game recently is the way theyre going with dailies (and dont tell me about the x2 thingy for alts) since right after I dinged 90, I've realized that the only way to "progress" in PvE was to do dailies to get better gear and I know you can still do dungeons but the community nowadays as someone stated before is too retarded I guess the most, and also the areas in MoP weren't all so nice like dread wastes was totally bad to quest in...

Whoo boy...where to begin. Sadly they would have to really revamp most everything. Too many other game developers have vastly improved on the 'system' and to go back now would be a huge step down in gameplay. It's not just one game either but small things from a lot of them. Blizzard has always done a pretty good job of borrowing this and that from other games and I think they would be doing themselves and their community a great service to look into things like

Dynamic events, less focus on quest hubs and more focus on exploration. A robust armor dye system, less crafting grind. More choices for pvp, including real bonuses to entire factions for attacking opposing cities. Less static combat system. Major refining of combat skills...simply way too many skills to keybind especially in pvp. Some kind of level balancing system in pvp. More emphasis on story during questing. Make questing rewards actually worthwhile and not something that will get vendored or disenchanted immediately. Would love to see a jobs system similar to FF 11. No one else has done this to my knowledge. Eliminate mob tagging, use a similar system as GW2 for resource nodes. These as well as bringing my Warchief back and I might think about coming back.

After playing SWTOR, GW2, Secret World, Firefall and others it's pretty evident that there's a lot of really good development teams out there with some nice ideas. Blizzard should pay attention because they're getting left in the dust. WoW looks like a beautiful new car, especially after MoP...but it FEELS like an old worn down clunker. I was so excited to play Pandaren but during beta my excitement very quickly turned to meh. After you get past the shiny new landscapes you quickly feel chained down by the very old gameplay. They have to free up the combat, make it more fluid. Make exploration a fun and rewarding experience. WoW has this huge amazing world but you are rarely given a reason to go exploring. Reward players for working together to do things. One HUGE difference between WoW and other games is community. Douchebaggery exists in all games but WoW feels like a mass of emo, bitter social rejects who would rather argue in chat for hours than do something fun together. They treat the game like a job and suck any enjoyment out of it.

Deleted
    I stopped playing 2 years ago unfortunatly. And I say unfortunatly because WoW the gameplay in WoW and the raids are the best I have experienced so far in a MMORPG.
    When did it went wrong for me? Too many times:

- Started with Vault of Archavon (or something like that) where if you didn't get him down in the first week you had to fak achievments to get in raids, and that became a standard to any raid. People stopped adding good players to their friends list based on skill and started apreciating Achievments only. So IF you take a 2 week of WoW you were either very lucky to find a group on some new content or you were screwed.

- Then it was the gearscore. I understand people dont want to play with guys with very low gearscore, but there was barely any fight that was a pure gear check. Gearing alts was almost inpossible at this point.

- PvP was not my thing and with PvE almost out of question I decided to make some gold and farm. Dailys were fun at the start, but started to feel like a chore very fast. And farming herbs... well I started to see more bots than actual players.

With such barriers to PvE content such as Gearscores (ItemLevel) and achievments requirments, My favourite expansion was actualy Cata because the leveling experience was actualy fun and variend once again, but they forgot to tune the dungeons and new players may get lost once they reach the level cap and think dungeons still dont need a tank or a healer.

With that said I think I became a casual player and I'm cool with that. I'd still love to play WoW again but today there are so many non-subscription options that are just as good, that I can not go back to paying 13 euro a month.

P.S.: Also paying 13 euro "for content" that takes 6 months to come and is not that great, and the undercover pet and mount cash shop.

Deleted
    By changing that horrible and boring rotation based combat. 1,1,1,1,2, ooh 3, 1,1,1,1,2 etc.
    I don't care to play glorified whack the mole anymore, 7 years was enough.

In short WoW has to become an RPG again.

I was a student during Classic and TBC and i played a lot. I know i couldnt play my former playstyle today with that setting but i wouldnt mind.
    I loved the community feeling, that big challenges required group/guild. I loved long quest chains, real (long) dungeons and tiered progression. Same with group quests or elites in the world.

I didnt mind all the things that took time, were harder or required some sort of grinding. The lobby game today isnt what i expect from an mmo-rpg.
    Last edited by Skulli; 2012-12-15 at 01:46 PM.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    do we really need one of these threads everyday O-O
    One ? its more like 10

Vanilla/TBC style game back.

Deleted
    I still remember many vanilla players on my realm (horde and alliance). But everything changed with cross realm battlegrounds/dungeons/raids.
    Now It feels like playing with bots. No tactic discussion at all... and no talking at all.

I lost all contacts after blizzard allowed character renames and transfers.

Well imo they've fucked up so much beyond repair at this point, so really the only option for me would be if they had previous expansion realms/clients.

Which is highly unlikely.