View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
Page 8 of 328 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    THIS... the USA needs to realise that the founding fathers didn't imagine automatic machine guns and assult rifles in the wording of the constitution.

The USA values the right to bear arms, because that fact saved them from the British in the War of Independence.

The point is - a hundred million people with 2 shot guns will scare the government, but a few people with automatic mega guns will just scare other people.
    I'm sure they didn't imagine the internet and the anonymity that goes along with it either. WE NEED STRICTER LAWS REGULATING FREE SPEECH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    A major, major fact missing from this... there isnt a country to the south than has a massive supply of arms being transported into your country every day. Thus disarming the citizen makes the country more vulnerable
    I bet the Mexicans say the same thing about the USA.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    people need to learn the difference between outright banning all guns and not allowing people to carry around assault rifles. THERE IS A MIDDLE FUCKING GROUND PEOPLE. and i love how people bring up the constitution, at the time when it was written it took you up to a minute to shoot ONE ROUND AND RELOAD ANOTHER. now we live in a world where you can fire off 100+ rounds under 30 seconds. to say the average everyday American should be able to tot around guns meant nor for self defense but out right slaughtering waves of people is horrifying to say the least. we need to rethink our position on firearms in this country, to ban them is like people have said akin to probation and would only open up a black market to it. but to say that i should by all accounts walk into a gun show and buy an AK47 with little or no hassle is about the same god damn thing.
    Precisely - and must add its sad there are so many people hiding behind the constitution, so the matter shouldn´t even be discussed.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    2nd amendment. Removing any of our constitutional freedoms means none of them are safe, including your freedom of speech, your right to religion, etc.
    So just because you have a right to own a gun, does not mean you have the right to take our unalienable Rights from us (meaning Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness) as what happens when one of these crazy idiots does when they go on these killing sprees.

Quote Originally Posted by Satheling View Post
    As has been mentioned already, banning guns, creating stricter laws, and more thorough background checks are all moot points. Time has shown making something illegal doesn't prevent anything from happening, except making normal law abiding citizens unlawful.
    And do you forget that these events always been done by the normal law abiding citizens, not the career criminal. Can you show me any school shooting or masscares done by career criminal? And how will criminals get their guns, if its illigal every where in the country. Average citizens can not make guns like alchohol or marijuana.

people need to learn the difference between outright banning all guns and not allowing people to carry around assault rifles. THERE IS A MIDDLE FUCKING GROUND PEOPLE. and i love how people bring up the constitution, at the time when it was written it took you up to a minute to shoot ONE ROUND AND RELOAD ANOTHER. now we live in a world where you can fire off 100+ rounds under 30 seconds. to say the average everyday American should be able to tot around guns meant nor for self defense but out right slaughtering waves of people is horrifying to say the least. we need to rethink our position on firearms in this country, to ban them is like people have said akin to probation and would only open up a black market to it. but to say that i should by all accounts walk into a gun show and buy an AK47 with little or no hassle is about the same god damn thing.
    First of all, an Assault Rifle is a rifle with a select fire option, semi/burst/full auto in most cases. Those are only available to Military and Police, and are a) extremely difficult to obtain as a civilian, and b) extremely expensive.

Most rifles owned by civilians are semi automatic with which you cannot empty 100 rounds in 30 seconds.

Lastly, the fucker who killed all those kids didn't have a rifle, he had handguns.

PS. Shame on you for using a tragedy to push your retarded agenda.

Very few citizens own assault rifles, and most gun crime that happens in the US is done with handguns not semi-automatic rifles(assault rifles as you put it).

What's so bad with owning a semi-automatic AK-47?

If you were actually serious about curbing gun crime you would be going after handguns, not them oh so scary rifles that look like what the army uses.

Guns don't kill people.

Bullets kill people. Increase the price of bullets (you can buy 50 rounds for $12 online), and people won't use them so readily.

Quote Originally Posted by shibbily View Post
    I'm glad all americans feel the same way about guns. Yep, we are all in lock-step with each other. We all think we should be able to go to a drive through liquor store and buy a gun at the same time. Yep. No generalizing there.
    I'm not gonna nitpick out all the nuances. As a guy who owns several firearms and is comfortable breaking them down and re-assembling them a half dozen times before you can finish brushing your teeth, I think I've some credibility and knowledge when I say that the gun culture in the US, overall, sucks a big dick. Most informed folks have drawn the exact same conclusion when comparing ourselves to other countries where firearms are prolific, and yet violence is not.

So excuse me if my broad brush offended your sensibilities, but there's a problem, and it needs to fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    Time to discuss gun regulation in the US?
    When we let wackos shoot everyone from our presidents to our children? I would say we are long passed due to discuss sufficient gun control.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Actually - there are countries with a high gun ownership of guns that do not have the shooting level of the USA, the issue here isn't how many guns - rather how easy guns.
    To be clear, gun ownership here runs about double the next highest country (Serbia!).

Deleted
    we have awesome gun laws. To bad they are not enforced correctly, or at all.
    Almost all the gun violence is not from your normal, registered gun owner. But I guess if you want to just say "herp derp ban all guns" that is your opinion.
    No it's from other people, relatives of friends or thiefs having or making access to them. Also if you ban all gun permits unless they have a "special status" to own one then it's easyer to focus on cracking down on the illegal ones. But to be fair the need to own a gun, legal, is only motivated because the illegal ones are not taking care off. So I get it's a plain defence, but the goal should be not to arm each and everyone but to make it in such a way they don't have any weapons. Case closed.

Afraid not, the issue in the US isn't safety (you are safer in the US than the UK as a whole), the issue is that in the UK you are more likely to survive the almost double assault rate.
    The outcomes for incidents are vastly less severe and drastic once you control or reduce the available arms given out to the general popluation. Now if you want to cure violence and increase saftey or at least curtail violence then you have to look at dealing with the socio economic causes of that. No one in the US is prepared to actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'm sorry. Is that was passes for education in america? Europe is all communist? The same EU that is run by the bankers? OMFG what a joke.

The ignorance of a small few ( and this is not directly aimed at the above poster although he has certainly showed a little bit of that) is the deadliest price we pay in this world and in the end the larger cost will be born by our children.
    I noticed Europeans have a hard time forming logical arguments. Full of dullard ad hominem attacks. Labor parties are everywhere in that cesspool. Where do they have their roots? Workers of the world unite, Comrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who couldn't have done it without a gun.

In Australia, we used the Port Philip massacre as a wake up call and took control of the situation dramatically, I'm not suggesting the USA go that far - but jeez, a gun licence should be as hard to get as a car licence shouldn't it ?
    That reminds me... without guns there in Aussie, didn't the home invasion rate, the murder rate, the robbery rate AND the rape rate all go up?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammahtime View Post
    So just because you have a right to own a gun, does not mean you have the right to take our unalienable Rights from us (meaning Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness) as what happens when one of these crazy idiots does when they go on these killing sprees.
    And guess what.... when people do that, they are subject to the.... wait for it....... law.....
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Deleted
    Have you ever looked? I doubt it. I'm sure if you looked you could find them

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 09:25 PM ----------

This exactly. Before they even get all the bodies found, there are politicians posting on there twitters about how all guns should be banned. Amazing.
    thats the problem in the US. There is never a good time to talk about it. *nooo we have to focus on the debt --> *gasp* people have just died how dare you mention the G word --> Who cares it was last week, we got more important things to talk about.*

See the vicous cycle?

The fact is America is getting more and more used to these kinds of horrible events, its like the 3rd major shooting this year alone, now call me crazy but having more then 0 is a bad thing. Making guns illegal does work, Making guns have insane control laws works - to extend on this, i unfortuantly cant remember the country, but you could only own a gun if you were a farmer or had a licence to shoot at a range, At the range your gun was kept there in its own locker and was like a valet service for your gun, you showed your id got your gun with ammo, shot it, handed it over and it was deposited in its own id secure locker. That would work and it does.

And would that gun have killed anyone if the person was not using it? Do you blame a hammer for smashing someones skull in?
    I will blame the gun for enabling a crazy man to kill people. Many more people then other tools would allow for. Which is why they must be far more regulated then they are.

And LOL at a hammer. Please. At a school they could just go to the janitors room and would have an equal fight on there hands. I highly doubt there were any guns in the vicinity of the school. And there should not be.

How in the world can anyone defend a pshyopaths right to own weapons that were designed to kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55325884,d.cGE
    No, because in a country with strict gun control this kind of thing happened ON THE SAME DAY!
    Highlighted for significance:

China stabbing spree hurts 22 schoolchildren
    USA shooting spree kills 20 schoolchildren