The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

SWTOR Space Battles type game?

So, i used to play SWTOR, and the best bit by far IMO was the space battles, I was wondering if anyone knows of any online games like that? preferably free
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the obvious answer that you already know of is Eve Online. Its all space all the time.

I've heard really good things about FTL, but its not exactly like SWTOR's rail shooter. It is, however, an excellent space simulator.

Deleted
    Online? not so much, but you could check out Freelancer or Darkstar one. They're rather old, but golden

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Well, the obvious answer that you already know of is Eve Online. Its all space all the time.

I've heard really good things about FTL, but its not exactly like SWTOR's rail shooter. It is, however, an excellent space simulator.
    I never even thought of Eve online, never looked into it at all lol, But yeh i'm really wanting a Rail shooter like the swtor feature

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Online? not so much, but you could check out Freelancer or Darkstar one. They're rather old, but golden
    I'll check them out I don't really mind if it's online or not, Not even sure why i said Online lol

OP is specifically talking about the space mini game.

Space Harrier 2, for the Sega Mega Drive

RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    This so so much. Freelancer is the better game but is much older (though graphics are quite good). Eve online is most definately not the game your looking for if swtor space battles are your frame of reference.

Darkstar one is built on the same gameplay engine that freelancer was so plays very very similar but you are limited to 1 ship which you upgrade through gameplay as opposed to being able to purchase different ships to use in freelancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a look at that Darkstar One, actually looks quite good, I'll look for a demo somewhere for it

Take a look at black prophecy, it's quite pvp orientated at times but i found it to be fun for a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play space cowboy when it was launched (idk the name right now) it was quite fun, a guy that lived near my house was ranked as N°1 pvp'er for like 2 years on that game.

Either the rest of you are misunderstanding or I am misunderstanding but from what I read is that he meant space battle games that play the same way as SWTOR ones, on rails. (Unless they've changed them)

A lot of the games suggested here plays nothing like that even though those are based on space.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Either the rest of you are misunderstanding or I am misunderstanding but from what I read is that he meant space battle games that play the same way as SWTOR ones, on rails. (Unless they've changed them)

A lot of the games suggested here plays nothing like that even though those are based on space.
    I don't think he meant space battles on rails per se. Space battles in general are more like it, which is what people suggest.

Deleted
    Star wars battlefront 2 has some surprisingly good space action.

10+ Year Old Account
    eve online..

Star Fox for the SNES.

Not an online game... but what a game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 has some space battles. The entire game is just super fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    eve online..
    eve onlines space combat is NOTHING like the battles in starwars.