Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Let's be honest. If the gun makers thought there was a market the NRA would push for nuke rights.
    Yeah, if people wanted them they probably would
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Let's be honest. If the gun makers thought there was a market the NRA would push for nuke rights.
    You're silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    You're silly.
    In this case he's right. There's a vast number of yahoos out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    How could you possibly pass a bill that allows state officials to prosecute federal agencies for doing their job to execute the federal law?.
    I'd love to watch a state official attempt to prosecute a federal agent. Many laughs would be had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Of course not, that's not in the Constitution or anything.
    But...that's the part of the constitution I disagree with, and I have a quote for 1789 that says otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this case he's right. There's a vast number of yahoos out there.
    That's an extreme exaggeration, so he's not right. The NRA has supported gun control in the past for issues to do with firearms, they have no reason to start supporting private nuclear weapons. It's silly to even argue this. I don't dismiss that we have our wackjobs on this side of the fence, but so do you. You're not going to be able to convince me that the majority of people are so insane that they would support such a claim. It's absurd to nth degree.
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

That's an extreme exaggeration, so he's not right. The NRA has supported gun control in the past for issues to do with firearms, they have no reason to start supporting private nuclear weapons. It's silly to even argue this. I don't dismiss that we have our wackjobs on this side of the fence, but so do you. You're not going to be able to convince me that the majority of people are so insane that they would support such a claim. It's absurd to nth degree.
    He didn't claim a majority. He claimed a market would exist.

And the NRA is so fucking stupid they even support universal background checks until they're proposed. God only knows what goes through their heads.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2013-09-12 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't claim a majority. He claimed a market would exist.
    He claimed the NRA would support it. Since the NRA isn't a singular entity, they'd need support within their own camp.

And the NRA is so fucking stupid they even support universal background checks until they're proposed. God only knows what goes through their heads.
    The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries! And we've devolved into this kind of argument. The NRA supports, and funds, the NICS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good Guy Wayne Lapierre...

"We think it is reasonable to provide mandatory, instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show." -1999

He claimed the NRA would support it. Since the NRA isn't a singular entity, they'd need support within their own camp.
    Yeah, their camp. Which isn't exactly full of raving intellectuals. Anyone who can equate 'universal background checks' to 'gubmint comin' fer yer gunz' needs a reality check.
    The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries! And we've devolved into this kind of argument. The NRA supports, and funds, the NICS.
    They also support lobbying of hypocrisy and fear-based lunacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Good Guy Wayne Lapierre...

"We think it is reasonable to provide mandatory, instant criminal background checks for every sale at every gun show." -1999
    He said something similar after Newtown. Then once universal background checks might become an actual reality he reverted into the "gubmint coming fer yer gunz" bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, their camp. Which isn't exactly full of raving intellectuals. Anyone who can equate 'universal background checks' to 'gubmint comin' fer yer gunz' needs a reality check.
    The fallacies in your arguments are reaching critical mass. Do you have anything to back up what you're saying? Or is this just a rant?

They also support lobbying of hypocrisy and fear-based lunacy.
    More nothing. At least give me something to debate.

The fallacies in your arguments are reaching critical mass. Do you have anything to back up what you're saying? Or is this just a rant?

More nothing. At least give me something to debate.
    I'm aware reality might be a little shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware reality might be a little shocking.
    Reality according to Rukentuts. Logos need not apply.

Reality according to Rukentuts. Logos need not apply.
    Which is yet far more logical than the reality generating by cognitively deficient NRA members like Mr. Pierre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is yet far more logical than the reality generating by cognitively deficient NRA members like Mr. Pierre.
    The problem is Rukentuts is you're making a lot of claims, but with absolutely nothing to back them up. You're just handing out Ad Hominems left and right. There isn't anything to debate here. This is basically "I'm right because I said so."

The problem is Rukentuts is you're making a lot of claims, but with absolutely nothing to back them up. You're just handing out Ad Hominems left and right. There isn't anything to debate here. This is basically "I'm right because I said so."
    Probably because this is the upteenth time this cycle has gone around, and I'm not going to link the same shit over and over because as far as radical gun-clingers go, it's a waste of my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because this is the upteenth time this cycle has gone around, and I'm not going to link the same shit over and over because as far as radical gun-clingers go, it's a waste of my time.
    Yet you're still here. If you're not willing to present facts, examples, and statistics, then why bother staying around? You're just here to do personal attacks on people now? Neat.

Yet you're still here. If you're not willing to present facts, examples, and statistics, then why bother staying around? You're just here to do personal attacks on people now? Neat.
    I'm here to point out the bullshit that is the NRA and the idiocy of their statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm here to point out the bullshit that is the NRA.
    All you're doing is raving and ranting. You actually just refused to prove it.

All you're doing is raving and ranting. You actually just refused to prove it.
    Maybe you could search the few hundred pages back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you could search the few hundred pages back.
    Yeah. Search through over a thousand pages to prove your argument. If you can't even be bothered to support your own argument then you're doing nothing.

We're done here.