Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So you walk into a store and go "Give me all your cash or I run you over?"

Because air is technically associated to crimes too. Every criminal breathes.
    More than likely the car is outside (maybe with someone at the drivers side) and then is used to make the getaway. So the car can and is most certainly used in a lot of cases in association with a crime. Air is part of our natural environment. Cars are not. There are a lot of tools available for crooks to use in committing crimes. And there have been cases where cars have been used to ram open a store or whatever to rob.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Is it random because you don't like it, or because it proves the point the previous poster made that crimes committed in automobiles kill more people than crimes with guns?
    it is random because it has nothing todo with the case that firearms are used to kill people

it would be less random if cars are used more often to purposfully kill people than firearms were, hence the "run over" part in his answer
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Cars are stolen all the time and some of those are used in crimes. So you saying a car owner should be charged with a crime if his car is stolen?
    Don't be silly. People rob banks with cars? Criminals hold people at CARpoint?
    Come on now, there is only so much comparison you can do between the two without looking like an absolute plank.

More than likely the car is outside (maybe with someone at the drivers side) and then is used to make the getaway. So the car can and is most certainly used in a lot of cases in association with a crime. Air is part of our natural environment. Cars are not. There are a lot of tools available for crooks to use in committing crimes. And there have been cases where cars have been used to ram open a store or whatever to rob.
    Air is generally associated to. How can you run without breathing? Or state your demands for cash?

This whole "association" thing is absolutely ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    by that logic shoes are the worst!

- - - Updated - - -

sharks killed less people than firearms... random facts, awesome
    In the right hands, high heel shoes can be very deadly I can imagine.

Deleted
    Na. I bet cars are used in association with crimes a lot more often than guns are.
    Eh... Wat? What do you mean?
    Man, I think you're very confused.

False comparisons aside for a moment: you just said they were accidents, i.e. ruled accidental with no charges. Which is it?
    It's both.

Traffic accidents accounted for more deaths than all firearm deaths. Not-at fault party DUI deaths accounted for more than firearm homicides.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Come on now, there is only so much comparison you can do between the two without looking like an absolute plank.
    Because there's a difference of "association" and direct facilitation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cars are stolen all the time and some of those are used in crimes. So you saying a car owner should be charged with a crime if his car is stolen?
    though you are required to license your car, aren´t you?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Traffic accidents killed more people than firearms in 2010.
    Which means what exactly and is related how exact with this?
    But yeh thanks for parroting something you heard on the media without thinking about it before

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is cars can be used as a tool to successfully rob and escape capture from any crime. Guns are a tool too, but so is many other things. You only feel is it a plank because you do not agree.

Guns are a tool too, but so is many other things.
    Really? What do they make?

A "tool" to facilitate ease of robbery? We call that a weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    though you are required to license your car, aren´t you?
    Some don't. I know some are stolen and some people drive all the time without a license.

Which means what exactly and is related how exact with this?
    But yeh thanks for parroting something you heard on the media without thinking about it before
    It's a fact that backs up the previous poster's comment. There is no false equivalency here, just a statement of a fact to support another poster's comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? What do they make?

A "tool" to facilitate ease of robbery? We call that a weapon.
    Huh? A coat hanger can be used to open a locked car door very fast. And some crooks are very good at opening a lock on a house using tools which are not weapons.

Some don't. I know some are stolen and some people drive all the time without a license.
    Those people driving stolen cars better not drive in public. They are patching CC cameras into the DMV and scan all the license plates that go by.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? A coat hanger can be used to open a locked car door very fast. And some crooks are very good at opening a lock on house using tools which are not weapons.
    A gun is a coathanger now? Because a coathanger has mass intimidation?

Can't tell if being deliberately dishonest at this point or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Alright we need to decide right here and now. If cars are incomparable to guns, why do you bring them up when talking about registration and insurance? If they ARE comparable to guns, why are you saying crimes committed with the use of cars are not comparable?
    He brought up registration and insurance, in response to your post comparing cars to guns. You then call him out for comparing cars to guns:

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    What if I left my car parked in the open overnight (as MANY if not most cars are). What if someone steals the car and uses it to commit a crime? Maybe kills someone in the process?

What is functionally different about them stealing my car and killing someone with it vs stealing my gun and killing someone with it?

Technically I have a greater expectation that my gun will be safer in my house than my car will be on the street.

My opinions in the topic are pretty much no use due to being English, but this is funny...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... Wat? What do you mean?
    Man, I think you're very confused.
    Na, no at all. Cars with a driver who is drunk has killed far more people than guns have each year. Now, is that not a crime to drive while intoxicated?

15+ Year Old Account
    The point is cars can be used as a tool to successfully rob and escape capture from any crime. Guns are a tool too, but so is many other things. You only feel is it a plank because you do not agree.
    nope guns are always a weapon, now you probably are able to use them as a tool if you don´t care much for safety

a car is always a vehicle unless you use it as a weapon, like everything else tools especially, intent plays a big role here

10+ Year Old Account
    Those people driving stolen cars better not drive in public. They are patching CC cameras into the DMV and scan all the license plates that go by.

- - - Updated - - -

A gun is a coathanger now? Because a coathanger has mass intimidation?

Can't tell if being deliberately dishonest at this point or not.
    Lol! you must live in a place where all the streets have cameras trained at the street corners. So many other streets and roads have no such devices. I personally know someone who has been driving now for years without a driver's license. Sure it is a stupid risk. But crooks take stupid risks all the time. And a coat hanger is a tool is what I meant, which can be used to commit a crime. How is that being dishonest?
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-01-17 at 04:44 PM.