Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Why would you be against that?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm against anything that erodes my right to privacy.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I'm against anything that erodes my right to privacy.
    How is keeping check of dangerous tools eroding your right to privacy?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is keeping check of dangerous tools eroding your right to privacy?
    Because no one, including the government, has a right to know what personal possessions I have.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Because no one, including the government, has a right to know what personal possessions I have.
    Define "right". You want to live in this country? You need to abide by the social contract.

Whether you like it or not, the government has every right to know what personal possessions you have, when the law gives them that authority.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Define "right". You want to live in this country? You need to abide by the social contract.

Whether you like it or not, the government has every right to know what personal possessions you have, when the law gives them that authority.
    No one has that right. If I've done nothing illegal, and what I possess is not illegal, then they have NO right whatsoever to know what I possess. And making what was once legal illegal does not give them that right either. I will fight that tooth and nail.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has that right. If I've done nothing illegal, and what I possess is not illegal, then they have NO right whatsoever to know what I possess. And making what was once legal illegal does not give them that right either. I will fight that tooth and nail.
    You're absolutely, 100% wrong. Just flat out wrong.

Whether you like it or not, the government has the right to know what personal possessions you own if dictated by the law.

If you decide to break the law, then I guess you're no longer a "law abiding gun-owner."
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking me from a law abiding citizen to criminal with a swoop of their pen is unconstitutional and I, and hopefully every American, will fight it.

You can think I'm wrong all you want, doesn't bother me any.

Deleted
    Taking me from a law abiding citizen to criminal with a swoop of their pen is unconstitutional and I, and hopefully every American, will fight it.

You can think I'm wrong all you want, doesn't bother me any.
    To whoever asked why bother with assault weapons, this is your answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't "think" you're wrong. I know it.

If you have any regard for the law or the Constitution, you will recognize the right of the government to know what personal possessions you own when dictated by the law.
    Eat yo vegetables

Smokers in restaurants used to be law abiding citizens, now they're criminals. Oh no! And I agree with Pre 9-11. Gun licenses and tracking do not harm you. It's just paranoia bullshit (although, owning any gun for purpose of 'defense' is in itself paranoid, so I shouldn't be shocked this stretches to other areas). Slippery slope isn't valid. Tracking isn't even remotely close to seizure; and the mental gymnastics to arrive at such conclusion are beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Smokers in restaurants used to be law abiding citizens, now they're criminals. Oh no! And I agree with Pre 9-11. Gun licenses and tracking do not harm you. It's just paranoia bullshit (although, owning any gun for purpose of 'defense' is in itself paranoid, so I shouldn't be shocked this stretches to other areas). Slippery slope isn't valid. Tracking isn't even remotely close to seizure; and the mental gymnastics to arrive at such conclusion are beyond me.
    It's really interesting to see the different types of mentalities in this thread.

Just the fact that you claim that people are paranoid for owning a gun for self defense just shows how you can't accept other mentalities/opinions.

So you have a guy that has a shotgun at home, he doesn't bother you, doesn't bother anyone. But you still go out of your way to claim that he's crazy and that he shouldn't own the shotgun for self defense.

This issue only exists because you made it an issue by trying to find problems where there are none. In my opinion everyone should know the consequences of their actions. If a gun owner kills someone against the law he should suffer all the consequences, until that day comes I think that you have no right to bully and blame people for what they might do.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetze View Post
    It's really interesting to see the different types of mentalities in this thread.

Just the fact that you claim that people are paranoid for owning a gun for self defense just shows how you can't accept other mentalities/opinions.

So you have a guy that has a shotgun at home, he doesn't bother you, doesn't bother anyone. But you still go out of your way to claim that he's crazy and that he shouldn't own the shotgun for self defense.

This issue only exists because you made it an issue by trying to find problems where there are none. In my opinion everyone should know the consequences of their actions. If a gun owner kills someone against the law he should suffer all the consequences, until that day comes I think that you have no right to bully and blame people for what they might do.
    Because they are paranoid. Why else would they keep something around that is more likely to hurt than help? It's not logical. It's fear. Fear overrides rationality. It's also prevalent when these people go "Obama's coming fer yer guns". Obama isn't coming for anyone's guns. He's expanded gun rights. But we can't even pass common sense legislation that almost 90% of the nation agrees on because these paranoid people and their NRA lobby. That's wrong. It's why this country is falling behind the world.

Because they are paranoid. Why else would they keep something around that is more likely to hurt than help? It's not logical. It's fear. Fear overrides rationality.
    I continue to find this position ironic, coming from a gun owner.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I continue to find this position ironic, coming from a gun owner.
    Am I now? I love how you continue to dwell on (false even) personal attacks since you're unable to dispute facts. It's very cute. Just like Zora, you can't dispute these facts rationally. Irony? Irony is how you act so smug and be oh so wrong; on multiple accounts.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-02-21 at 03:24 PM.

Look, 20 years ago te USA had a SHOCKING 9.8 x 100k murder rate. That's above current rates in Pakistan, just to give you an example. 7.6 I think need to look at the data.
    In 20 YEARS, you dropped to 4.7, which although being roughly 50%, it's simply still not acceptable given the amount of time invested in it. You went from "catastrophic" to "unacceptable".
    Maybe in 20 more years you'll get close to other developed countries.
    There is plausible evidence that shows the murder rate decline had more to do with socioeconomic and other factors unrelated to firearms.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I now? I love how you continue to dwell on (false even) personal attacks since you're unable to dispute facts. It's very cute. Just like Zora, you can't dispute these facts rationally. Irony? Irony is how you act so smug and be oh so wrong; on multiple accounts.
    So you got rid of them? If that's the case, you're no longer being hypocritical.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are paranoid. Why else would they keep something around that is more likely to hurt than help? It's not logical. It's fear. Fear overrides rationality. It's also prevalent when these people go "Obama's coming fer yer guns". Obama isn't coming for anyone's guns. He's expanded gun rights. But we can't even pass common sense legislation that almost 90% of the nation agrees on because these paranoid people and their NRA lobby. That's wrong. It's why this country is falling behind the world.
    This why I think that you are the same as the people that you hate so much. You are too eager to generalize and label millions of different individuals because of your biased beliefs.

This why I think that you are the same as the people that you hate so much. You are too eager to generalize and label millions of different individuals because of your biased beliefs.
    You mean label people that ignore facts and cling to weapons because their fear overrides rationality? Yeah, how dare I do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean label people that ignore facts and cling to weapons because their fear overrides rationality? Yeah, how dare I do that.
    Facts like what? Facts that only prove that gun crime and gun violence are tightly connected to socioeconomic problems and different types of society?

Sure, the US has some problems with guns, mostly due to poverty, education and ghetto mentality. Does this apply to every country in the world? Nope.

Facts like what? Facts that only prove that gun crime and gun violence are tightly connected to socioeconomic problems and different types of society?
    Facts that prove your gun is more likely to hurt you than help you. This is why you have to ignore these facts and therefore disregard any sort of rational thought because you're scared.
    Sure, the US has some problems with guns, mostly due to poverty, education and ghetto mentality. Does this apply to every country in the world? Nope.
    It also has problems with guns due to lax gun laws. I'm looking directly at the South. There will always be criminals. Now we can legislate ways to prevent criminals from obtaining arms, and track how they do, or we can just allow the paranoid uneducated NRA lobby spread fear. I hold no respect for cowards that buy into their propaganda.

Facts that prove your gun is more likely to hurt you than help you. This is why you have to ignore these facts and therefore disregard any sort of rational thought because you're scared.
    What are these facts?