Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    We get it. We know that you either 1) ignore scientific studies and/or 2) don't understand an average.
    Ah. Trying to make fun of me. Very cute.

But we can all see you are deflecting and purposely not trying to counter my argument.

Have a great weekend! I'm on 17 days of vacation =D
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    But we can all see you are deflecting and purposely not trying to counter my argument.
    Your argument is that you don't believe in scientific studies. So no, I'm not trying to counter that.

Your argument is that you don't believe in scientific studies. So no, I'm not trying to counter that.
    What scientific studies? You just expect us to take your word for it?

"Lets ban assault rifles! Mass murders won't be able to kill as many people if they don't have automatic weapons!"

Since when do we negotiate with terrorists? Since when do we allow terrorists, and outlaws to change our laws?

Mass Murder: "Im going to go shoot up a theater, but oh shit! I better not go break that law against owning a firearm"

All you do when you outlaw firearms is open up an unregulated black market. Fuck the 61% of you. OH AND BY THE WAY. IM A LIBERAL. Yes a liberal. A fucking democrat. So don't accuse me of being a conservative.

Making irrational quips doesn't help your cause. Nor does pretending any average citizen faces anywhere near the danger the President does.
    That's because the average citizen isn't surrounded by armed guards whose guns could start killing at any moment. I fully support the president in disarming his guards in order to preserve he and families well being.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VRA View Post
    "Lets ban assault rifles! Mass murders won't be able to kill as many people if they don't have automatic weapons!"

Since when do we negotiate with terrorists? Since when do we allow terrorists, and outlaws to change our laws?

Mass Murder: "Im going to go shoot up a theater, but oh shit! I better not go break that law against owning a firearm"

All you do when you outlaw firearms is open up an unregulated black market. Fuck the 61% of you. OH AND BY THE WAY. IM A LIBERAL. Yes a liberal. A fucking democrat. So don't accuse me of being a conservative.
    911... I rest my case!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    are you that thick how does owning a gun make me more likely to kill someone just because i have the tool to do it does not mean i will its people like you who have their heads buried so far into the sand that are losing the whole gun control agenda
    Stop thinking about yourself only and instead think of the bigger picture. Here's another example that you might be able to understand. If you own a ferrari don't you think you will be more likely to be speeding than if you own a Fiat?
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2014-03-29 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    whats the point in this discussion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    911... I rest my case!

- - - Updated - - -

Stop thinking about yourself only and instead think of the bigger picture. Here's another example that you might be able to understand. If you own a ferrari don't you think you will be more likely to be speeding than if you own a Fiat?
    you your flawed logic states the fact that i own a gun makes me more likely to kill with it. do you get how moronic it sounds?
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Eat yo vegetables

These are the same nonsense studies that rucken linked. They are skewed to deliver the required results, I went over them pages back not doing it again. When your studies have to be manipulated in such ways to deliver the desired result they are worthless.

Pretty much reinforcing our perception of your ignorance of control variables there.

Pretty much reinforcing our perception of your ignorance of control variables there.
    Gee, taking murders committed by criminals with illegal guns and saying this is how all people with guns act is pretty scientific huh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Gee, taking murders committed by criminals with illegal guns and saying this is how all people with guns act is pretty scientific huh?
    you have to forgive them thats the only way they can think about us with thoes mean scary looking guns
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

See Pre 9/11, this is what I was talking about. You present your informative rational argument (with a plethora of sources nonetheless) and they just devolve it back into an ignorant circlejerk. Did you link that study in that wall that shows the demographics of gun ownership? It shows an interesting correlation with educational attainment and gun ownership.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-03-29 at 09:34 PM.

Those studies are as informative and rational as a study that says more crimes committed by black people: black people detriment to society.

See Pre 9/11, this is what I was talking about. You present your informative rational argument (with a plethora of sources nonetheless) and they just devolve it back into an ignorant circlejerk.
    Your "studies" are of criminals using illegally possesed guns in criminal activities yet you want people to believe that's how all people with guns act? Like criminals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Those studies are as informative and rational as a study that says more crimes committed by black people: black people detriment to society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VRA View Post

Where are the "unregulated black market" going to get guns if no one is able to sell them? Is S&W going to have a factory just for making illegal guns? Guns aren't like drugs. You can't just plant some handgun seeds in your garden or mix some chemicals to make a rifle.

And just about all of the Democrats are conservatives from up here. Your "left" might make it in the Liberal Party (who are centrist), but you pretty much all fit into ideological range of the Conservative Party.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Where are the "unregulated black market" going to get guns if no one is able to sell them? Is S&W going to have a factory just for making illegal guns? Guns aren't like drugs. You can't just plant some handgun seeds in your garden or mix some chemicals to make a rifle.

And just about all of the Democrats are conservatives from up here. Your "left" might make it in the Liberal Party (who are centrist), but you pretty much all fit into ideological range of the Conservative Party.
    No, but you can make firearms pretty damn easily in your garage with some piping and machinery. See: the four winds shotgun, or the Sten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    These are the same nonsense studies that rucken linked. They are skewed to deliver the required results, I went over them pages back not doing it again. When your studies have to be manipulated in such ways to deliver the desired result they are worthless.
    I'm not ruken. You asked for studies? I linked 10 seperate scientific studies with controlled variables. Your response? "I've already addressed them."

Bullshit. You have NOT gone through those 10 seperate studies. All you've done is handwave. Typical.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    No, but you can make firearms pretty damn easily in your garage with some piping and machinery. See: the four winds shotgun, or the Sten.
    Yes, but said firearms would be of decidedly inferior quality (and thus more likely to fail and result in the target not dying or even being injured) compared actual guns.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters