Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Being able to act, and not doing so is the definition of laziness.

Your ridiculous notion that there is some symbolic meaning to your act is just an excuse.
    Making a conscious decision not to act on something is actually acting....wow. Being asked to act on something that is not in your best interest means that since you didnt you cant say anything? So I guess in order to say something I should act and make what I deem to be a bad decision simply so you will take my conversation seriously. Holy crap that is deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    My opinion is not being represented.
    So write in yourself. I'm really not interested in rationalizations for laziness.

My opinion is not being represented.
    Might have something to do with not voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    These aren't actual sources. They're words with absolutely no evidence.

That's absolutely not true. Going to the doctor doesn't increase my risk of being killed. Deciding to not purchase a firearm doesn't increase my risk of being killed.

The point is this: if I'm deciding whether or not I want to make myself more safe, the obvious choice is to not purchase a firearm.
    Not true actually. You could be killed on the commute. Or, the doctor could find a minor issue that may require minor surgery. During that surgery you may die due to complications or malpractice, and you would have lived longer not having gotten that surgery. Every choice you make can both kill you or not. Its just how it all works out that determines which one it is.

Quote Originally Posted by titan308 View Post
    i don't like the third party choices either. Though you seemed to think i was pro tea-party for some reason.

Why would i vote someone into power if i feel they will not use their power in some way to strengthen my life?

Why is this concept so hard to you?
    because if you dont choose what is not good for you your argument is null and void!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So write in yourself.
    Why? What will this do?

Give entry into the "I can say our government is run by shitheads" club?

Making a conscious decision not to act on something is actually acting....wow. Being asked to act on something that is not in your best interest means that since you didnt you cant say anything? So I guess in order to say something I should act and make what I deem to be a bad decision simply so you will take my conversation seriously. Holy crap that is deluded.
    I don't take people to refuse to vote seriously. I've "not" voted in elections before by voting for myself for President (or Mickey Mouse, it doesn't matter) and voted on the other issues or measures.

Not voting because you won't win is selfish, impetuous and lazy.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

So write in yourself. I'm really not interested in rationalizations for laziness.
    Nice snip there! Top marks for trying to strengthen your point! Why write in myself when not writing in myself is the same thing?

Forcing me to vote or write in something frivolous sounds like slavery. Do I need to be subjected to your will or is my free choice bothering you because it goes against what you want?

- - - Updated - - -

Might have something to do with not voting.
    oh look another snip to try and subtract from my original statement. Weak. I expected better from you at least...

I don't take people to refuse to vote seriously. I've "not" voted in elections before by voting for myself for President (or Mickey Mouse, it doesn't matter) and voted on the other issues or measures.

What does voting for Mickey Mouse do exactly?

So let's review what the counterargument is: "I'm not voting because my opinions aren't represented."

Okay....? Think those two might be related?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Why? What will this do?

Give entry into the "I can say our government is run by shitheads" club?
    No, it says "I don't agree with the choices presented to me, but, I give a shit so I will vote based on my principles."

Going and writing myself in is different than making a conscious decision to not go is different how? Its not...

- - - Updated - - -

So let's review what the counterargument is: "I'm not voting because my opinions aren't represented."

Your suggestion to go vote for poop 1 or poop 2 or write myself in does nothing to get my opinion represented either. Having record low turn outs at polls on the other hand speaks volumes more. Do you disagree? Eagerly awaiting the answer to that question though I know you wont answer it.

What does voting for Mickey Mouse do exactly?
    Nothing. That's the point. I voiced my opinion: "These candidates are shit."

General elections aren't just a piece of construction paper you fill in with a crayon. They contain serious measures and legal changes. Not participating because you won't win is the epitome of laziness and selfishness.

No, it says "I don't agree with the choices presented to me, but, I give a shit so I will vote based on my principles."
    Choosing not to vote or write my name in accomplishes the same thing....

Whats your point? That you are willing to sell yourself out for the lesser of two evils and I won't?

- - - Updated - - -

Choosing not to vote or write my name in accomplishes the same thing....
    I don't think he is getting that, as simple as it is.

Nothing. That's the point. I voiced my opinion: "These candidates are shit."

General elections aren't just a piece of construction paper you fill in with a crayon. They contain serious measures and legal changes. Not participating because you won't win is the epitome of laziness and selfishness.
    Voting for Mickey Mouse is better than not voting how? That is the point? Is that not the same point choosing not to vote makes? Poll turn outs speak louder than Mickey Mouse votes but Im sure that doesnt agree with your principles and is therefore wrong....

Going and writing myself in is different than making a conscious decision to not go is different how? Its not...
    In one scenario, you voiced your opinion.

In the other, you bitched from your armchair and refused to participate because you weren't promised to get what you wanted.

I have a nephew who does that. He's like 6.

Not participating because you won't win is the epitome of laziness and selfishness.
    And I can go beat my head against a brick wall because I want to break it down, but that would be pretty damn stupid wouldn't it?

But apparently if I realize, "Hey, this brickwall is not going to budge and that might hurt" - based on your logic - is selfish and lazy.

Voting for Mickey Mouse is better than not voting how? That is the point? Is that not the same point choosing not to vote makes? Poll turn outs speak louder than Mickey Mouse votes but Im sure that doesnt agree with your principles and is therefore wrong....
    You do realize that there are other things on the ballot other than President? Local, county, state measures?

You're letting your conscious decision to not vote for President silence your voice on everything else on the ballot. That's just fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

And I can go beat my head against a brick wall because I want to break it down, but that would be pretty damn stupid wouldn't it?

But apparently if I realize, "Hey, this brickwall is not going to budge and that might hurt" - based on your logic - is selfish and lazy.
    False equivalency, hyperbole and strawmanning. It's the trifecta.

In one scenario, you voiced your opinion.

In the other, you bitched from your armchair and refused to participate because you weren't promised to get what you wanted.

I have a nephew who does that. He's like 6.
    Its impossible for me to voice my opinion by refusing to participate now? Isn't that like the boston tea party you know refusing to pay ridiculous taxes and all that? I guess they should have just voted....

I find it hilarious that you are not entitled to an opinion unless you go waste your time, by writing yourself in, or voting for two options that you believe are bad. I would venture that the people who feel obligated to go vote for two nasty sandwiches and then do are the ones who shouldn't have an opinion.