Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Sorry I don't keep tabs on your "challenges" which statement was it exactly?
    Right here bro. You can back up the fear mongering statement of yours.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You don't know anything. You're assuming at this point.
    It's a safe presumption.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Well of course I don't want my gun ownership in a database. I've made it very clear my thoughts about that. But I don't think that was the intent right there.

Either way, if it was or it wasn't, I answered no. So win win.
    So you aren't aware a doctor can't break privilege without: 1) your consent or 2) you being a threat to others or yourself.

I did it is why we are talking about it, it's a few pages back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't lie. You don't want her to know because you don't want your name in some database. Don't try to pretend like it's something else to appease these people. We both know it's none of their business and they aren't asking for health concerns. After you answer the question I bet nothing more is said. No talk about how you store them etc. just a check in your medical records or entry onto a database. You're starting to sound like a tree hugging liberal.
    Wow. The fear mongering and paranoia is strong with this one.
    Eat yo vegetables

So you aren't aware a doctor can't break privilege without: 1) your consent or 2) you being a threat to others or yourself.
    If your doctor knows you have firearms and you come in one day in a bad mood what happens if they think you're "dangerous" you go on some list?
    Last edited by lockedout; 2014-10-22 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I said I wasn't of the mindset that that is what she was doing. I felt that she was simply asking to inform me to lock up my weapons. Not to take meh guns. Lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Wow. The fear mongering and paranoia is strong with this one.
    I don't see why else a doctor would ask if you own firearms but not things like a pool any large dogs or other animals heavy machinery/farm equipment etc. Wait I forgot pre-911 said I have a shit doctor that's probably why.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why I said I wasn't of the mindset that that is what she was doing. I felt that she was simply asking to inform me to lock up my weapons. Not to take meh guns. Lol
    She would take note of the fact you own firearms. If she ever deemed you as "dangerous" then your fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why else a doctor would ask if you won firearms but not things like a pool any large dogs or other animals heavy machinery/farm equipment etc. Wait I forgot pre-911 said I have a shit doctor that's probably why.

- - - Updated - - -

She would take note of the fact you own firearms. If she ever deemed you as "dangerous" then your fucked.
    And she very well could. But either way I said no so hopefully it's not an issue lol
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it is why we are talking about it, it's a few pages back.
    Wow. Paranoid and incompetent.

You posted an article of individuals with known mental health issues being placed on a "no gun list."

You didn't post an article of physicians secretly collecting firearm info on their patients.

Nothing but fear and paranoia.
    Eat yo vegetables

And she very well could. But either way I said no so hopefully it's not an issue lol
    Do you have any stairs in your house?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why else a doctor would ask if you own firearms
    Why don't you do some reading then.

Oh, never mind, I forgot. The American Academy of Pediatrics is really just an Obama run organization hell-bent on obtaining firearm information for future seizures.
    Eat yo vegetables

You posted an article of individuals with known mental health issues being placed on a "no gun list."

You didn't post an article of physicians secretly collecting firearm info on their patients.

Pediatricians, psychologists...same thing. Right?

A previously undisclosed figure that has raised concerns among some mental health advocates that too many people have been categorized as dangerous.
    Mental health professionals and advocates point out, however, the vast majority of people with mental illnesses are not violent. Accurately predicting whether someone will be violent, they said, is also a highly fraught process.

Under federal and most state laws, people with serious mental illnesses lose their gun rights only if they have been involuntarily committed to a mental health center, or have been legally designated as mentally ill or incompetent; both relatively rare occurrences.

Under the 2013 law, the reports prepared by doctors, psychologists, nurses and social workers are first sent to county officials. If they agree with the assessments, the officials then input the names into the state database. The information is retained for five years. If the authorities find a person in the database has a gun permit — necessary to purchase a handgun in New York — they are required to revoke the license and seize any guns. The people in the database are barred from obtaining a permit until their names are purged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pediatricians, psychologists...same thing. Right?
    Fuck if I know, Ruk. It's really none of your business. AM I BEING DETAINED??

- - - Updated - - -

A previously undisclosed figure that has raised concerns among some mental health advocates that too many people have been categorized as dangerous.
    Mental health professionals and advocates point out, however, the vast majority of people with mental illnesses are not violent. Accurately predicting whether someone will be violent, they said, is also a highly fraught process.

Under federal and most state laws, people with serious mental illnesses lose their gun rights only if they have been involuntarily committed to a mental health center, or have been legally designated as mentally ill or incompetent; both relatively rare occurrences.

Under the 2013 law, the reports prepared by doctors, psychologists, nurses and social workers are first sent to county officials. If they agree with the assessments, the officials then input the names into the state database. The information is retained for five years. If the authorities find a person in the database has a gun permit — necessary to purchase a handgun in New York — they are required to revoke the license and seize any guns. The people in the database are barred from obtaining a permit until their names are purged.
    You didn't post an article of physicians secretly collecting firearm info on their patients. The article even states that of the 34,000 individuals that were placed on the list, only 300 were found to actually have a permit. That's less than 1 percent.

Eat yo vegetables

Some people like their privacy, I know you don't understand because you have nothing to hide.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't post an article of physicians secretly collecting firearm info on their patients. The article even states that of the 34,000 individuals that were placed on the list, only 300 were found to actually have a permit. That's less than 1 percent.

It doesnt change the fact 34000 people are banned from owning guns regardless if they already did or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any stairs in your house?
    I do not. Unless you count the step out onto my patio lol

A fraction of a % is banned, but that's a travesty! Even though I can't prove the system is abusive!

It's like straight out of info wars.

I do not. Unless you count the step out onto my patio lol
    You know how many children die from falling down stairs as opposed to firearms? I bet you doctor could give a fuck if you have stairs.

- - - Updated - - -

A fraction of a % is banned, but that's a travesty! Even though I can't prove the system is abusive!

It's like straight out of info wars.
    All 34k are banned not just the 300.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesnt change the fact 34000 people are banned from owning guns regardless if they already did or not.
    Wait. You mean that there's a law in which doctors, psychologists, nurses and social workers review the mental health status of committed individuals. Those health professionals make suggestions, which are reviewed by the state Office of Mental Health, and if they agree with the assessment, the individuals are placed on a "no gun list."

OH. THE HUMANITY. People with serious mental illness can no longer obtain firearms in NY. The founding fathers would be sick!

Lockedout. Remember when Aeluron Lightsong said "I'm not willing to risk those with mental health be able to have access to a gun," to which you responded with:

I think everyone can agree with this, I haven't seen someone say anything to the contrary.

What caused the change in character?
    Eat yo vegetables