Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    The percentage of people this encompasses is less than 3%. That's a great way to determine what is "expensive."
    Well in all fairness these people should be able to protect themselves just like anyone else. Making mandatory requirements such as a gun safe or classes etc would make it much harder for them to own a gun. Buying a used gun for a hundred bucks might already be very difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon-AN View Post
    Just passing through, but have to ask:

How much is said milling machine, materials needed for milling, and the PC to use said milling machine?

I'm pretty sure the whole point of making your own gun was to reduce cost. The above sounds fairly expensive if $100 for a gun isn't considered cheap (as per Pre-911's original post to hakujinbakasama which you seem to be trying to hijack?)...

Carry on chaps, nice to see the same circular arguments keep coming back in to fashion
    It's not cheap milling machine is 1200 but you can then crank out plenty of guns, might even make money.
    BTW pot meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well in all fairness these people should be able to protect themselves just like anyone else. Making mandatory requirements such as a gun safe or classes etc would make it much harder for them to own a gun. Buying a used gun for a hundred bucks might already be very difficult.
    That may very well be true, but using just a tiny fraction of the population to determine what is considered "expensive" is disingenuous at best.

$100 is not a lot of money to the vast majority of Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Link for study supporting Murder increases with SYG?
    Here. Here. And here.

Well, being that I work with Police Officers every day I go to work... I will.
    Fascinating. Any other anecdotal evidence you can supply us with?

Are you under the impression that the average CCW holder goes through a several month training regiment, where they learn about firearms in the classroom and on the range, where they learn about how to respond in specific situations, where they go through simulated combat situations, and where the reevaluate their skills yearly based on specific standards? There's no evidence for that, so believing it is silly. Meanwhile, we do have evidence that police officers go through that exact regiment, to varying degrees.

- - - Updated - - -

The percentage of people this encompasses is less than 3%. That's a great way to determine what is "expensive."
    We were specifically discussing poor individuals. To them, that's expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not cheap milling machine is 1200 but you can then crank out plenty of guns, might even make money.
    So poor people can buy $1,200 milling machines and illegally sell weapons. Nice advice lockedout.

- - - Updated - - -

$100 is not a lot of money to the vast majority of Americans.
    Then mandatory training shouldn't be a problem for the vast majority of Americans.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    We were specifically discussing poor individuals. To them, that's expensive.
    The number of people making minimum wage and collecting welfare is a tiny subset of the "economically disadvantaged" population.

You can get Medicaid in most states at 200% FPL which is almost $50,000 a year of income for a family of four. The income spread of "economically disadvantaged" people is huge, and you elected to choose the poorest, and tiniest, subset of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Then mandatory training shouldn't be a problem for the vast majority of Americans.
    I completely agree. I'm even willing to subsidize it along the same guidelines as SNAP or other programs.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The number of people making minimum wage and collecting welfare is a tiny subset of the "economically disadvantaged" population.
    If you're economically disadvantaged, $100 of discretionary spending on a single item is likely significant.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    BTW pot meet kettle.
    Apologies for jumping in, but as you have admitted in the very quote above that you were talking bullshit, I think me pointing it out when I did was reasonable.

15+ Year Old Account
    BTW pot meet kettle.
    if you can´t afford 100$, why not invest 1200$ and possibly make money in the process, if you don´t get caught and fined of course

that sounds very reasonable, yep
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

If you're economically disadvantaged, $100 of discretionary spending on a single item is likely significant.
    "Economically disadvantaged" is a huge range of incomes, all the way up to almost $50k. I'd say someone bringing home ~$3500 a month could spend $100 on a discretionary purchase easily.

So poor people can buy $1,200 milling machines and illegally sell weapons. Nice advice lockedout.

- - - Updated - - -

What's illegal about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    if you can´t afford 100$, why not invest 1200$ and possibly make money in the process, if you don´t get caught and fined of course

Caught and fined for what exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Never said the milling machine was for poor people, please show me where I said that.

What's illegal about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Caught and fined for what exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Never said the milling machine was for poor people, please show me where I said that.
    Creating guns for yourself is generally legal, to a point. Selling them is definitively illegal. It is against federal law to manufacture and DISTRIBUTE a firearm.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Economically disadvantaged" is a huge range of incomes, all the way up to almost $50k. I'd say someone bringing home ~$3500 a month could spend $100 on a discretionary purchase easily.
    $50,000 for a family of four. Plus, being able to make the purchase doesn't render it "inexpensive."
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Creating guns for yourself is generally legal, to a point. Selling them is definitively illegal. It is against federal law to manufacture and DISTRIBUTE a firearm.
    I can charge you to use my milling machine, you're now making the gun yourself.

I can charge you to use my milling machine, you're now making the gun yourself.
    Have fun when the ATF shows up.

$50,000 for a family of four. Plus, being able to make the purchase doesn't render it "inexpensive."
    Then the definition is completely arbitrary and this discussion is pointless.

Deleted
    The discussion was regarding $100 being too expensive for poor people to pay to own a firearm. I'll post it in order so hopefully you don't lose track:

Give me a break. Firearm ownership is expensive. Firearms are expensive. Ammunition is expensive.

Our government can subsidize firearm training for those that can't afford it. Take money from the military budget. Problem solved.
    You replied:

When things become mandatory they sometimes become infringements as well. Firearm ownership is not expensive and you can make your own ammo. Hell you can make your own gun.
    Pre 9-11 replied:

Arguing from a logical position as always, lockedout. If you're poor, just make your own guns and ammo. Surely that will cost you nothing, and what could go wrong!
    Which you replied to with another gem:

You can buy a milling machine that mills the metal from your PC and make a gun. People have been making ammo since it's induction. Sorry you only know what you read on google.
    When asked how much said milling machine was, you replied with 1200 (which I presume is $'s). You were then asked how poor people could afford that much to which you asked to be proven where you stated milling machines were for poor people. Bravo sir, bravo.

The discussion was regarding $100 being too expensive for poor people to pay to own a firearm. I'll post it in order so hopefully you don't lose track:

You replied:

Pre 9-11 replied:

Which you replied to with another gem:

When asked how much said milling machine was, you replied with 1200 (which I presume is $'s). You were then asked how poor people could afford that much to which you asked to be proven where you stated milling machines were for poor people. Bravo sir, bravo.
    I said firearm ownership is not expensive. I never said milling a gun was cheap.

Deleted
    I said firearm ownership is not expensive. I never said milling a gun was cheap.
    You stated that owning a firearm is not expensive, "Hell you can even make your own gun". If you cannot join the dots up from my timeline of quotes, I'm not sure what else to say. Did you honestly post the milling information mid conversation about how making a gun is an option if buying one for $100 is expensive (your words), for absolutely no fucking reason what so ever?

Only way out of that hole is to keep digging.

You stated that owning a firearm is not expensive, "Hell you can even make your own gun". If you cannot join the dots up from my timeline of quotes, I'm not sure what else to say. Did you honestly post the milling information mid conversation about how making a gun is an option if buying one for $100 is expensive (your words), for absolutely no fucking reason what so ever?

You are falling for it. Notice how you are no longer talking about the issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are falling for it. Notice how you are no longer talking about the issue?
    Meh, the last time I actually posted in this thread about the "issue" was over three hundred or more pages ago. I just have a bullshit sensor that won't turn off

Deleted

American equality problems:

..Poor people can't afford guns...