Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not gonna watch a youtube video and give some gun enthusiast more range about this, give us some links to official stuff.
    I'm not here to hold your hand for you. Watch the video or not. I don't care.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So, how outraged were you when your guy unilaterally banned bump stocks, and called for gun confiscation without due process? Man, you must have been so pissed, that you'd never keep supporting him... right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, a search term maybe? Something that leads me to the official stuff all of this is based on?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Alright, a search term maybe? Something that leads me to the official stuff all of this is based on?
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...house-bill/127

Here's the proposed bill. Nothing outrageous in it, but it goes to the stack of proposed bills (Like Greene's impeachment of Biden) that sits on a desk until the end of the session and is tossed into the trash as the session ends.

But it makes for good outrage-bait.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you didn’t care, you wouldn’t have posted it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Here's the proposed bill. Nothing outrageous in it, but it goes to the stack of proposed bills (Like Greene's impeachment of Biden) that sits on a desk until the end of the session and is tossed into the trash as the session ends.

um no thanks registration is the first step to confiscation or what does the left like to say oh right "buy backs" and the 2nd amendment is already a license
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I found it by looking at who the game referenced and gun control. She wants a national firearms registry. The horror!
    Oh god, no, the US might catch up to almost every other country in the world, you know, all the countries that are dictatorships.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    um no thanks registration is the first step to confiscation or what does the left like to say oh right "buy backs" and the 2nd amendment is already a license
    How so? Registration allows for the tracking of legal firearms, including those that have been stolen and used, and ensures that there is accoutability for gun owners. Multiple states already have registration systems (CA, HI, ML, NY, DC) yet there's been no taking peoples guns.

Seriously the threat of the state coming to take your guns has been whinged and moaned about for decades and it's never happened. Because it never will happen.

This is just hogwash slippery slope fallacies.

Man, you must have been outraged when Trump unilaterally banned bump stocks, and called for gun confiscation without due process...

15+ Year Old Account
    How so? Registration allows for the tracking of legal firearms, including those that have been stolen and used, and ensures that there is accoutability for gun owners. Multiple states already have registration systems (CA, HI, ML, NY, DC) yet there's been no taking peoples guns.

Seriously the threat of the state coming to take your guns has been whinged and moaned about for decades and it's never happened. Because it never will happen.

This is just hogwash slippery slope fallacies.
    yeah cause its not like bidens gun control plan already hasn't pushed mandatory buy backs if you dont register right?
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

The whole thing is bat shit insane, but let's highlight a couple particularly bizarre bits:
    “(3) It shall be unlawful for a person to loan a firearm or ammunition to another person unless the person has notified the Attorney General of the loan, including the identity of such other person and the period for which the loan is made.
    This effectively forbids handing someone at your local range a box of ammo.
    “(2) (A) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
    “(31) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’ means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition, but does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.”.
    This is an attempt to ban the vast majority of entirely ordinary handguns. What's being referred to here as a "large capacity ammunition feeding device" is what anyone who actually gives a shit about firearms simply refers to as a "normal magazine".

There's so much insanity in that bill that it's hard to pick just a couple examples, but this is the one that makes the whole thing blatantly unconstitutional. No, Sheila, you can't actually just ban everything other than bolt action rifles and .22s without running afoul of standard 2nd Amendment jurisprudence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Man, you must have been outraged when Trump unilaterally banned bump stocks, and called for gun confiscation without due process...
    i was trump wasnt a 2nd amendment supporter like he claimed thats why i didnt vote for him
    Get your shit together

No, that's different. Sure, he seriously proposed literally ignoring the Second, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments. Sure, he had his administration unilaterally ban bump-stocks, a move that not even the Democratic administration in office before him took as that administration was concerned about Second Amendment issues and whether or not the Executive branch had the authority to make such a move.

BUT IT'S THEM DARNED DEMS COMIN TO TAKE R GUNS, I TELLS YA! MAYBE NOT THIS DECADE. MAYBE NOT LAST DECADE. OR THE DECADE BEFORE THAT. OR BEFORE THAT. OR MAYBE NOT EVEN IN THE NEXT DECADE. OR THE DECADE AFTER THAT. BUT ONE DAY I'LL BE PROVEN RIGHT!

i was trump wasnt a 2nd amendment supporter like he claimed thats why i didnt vote for him
    Good for you. It's a shame so many fake 2A supporters around here decided to support Trump. their hypocrisy is a little too blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The whole thing is bat shit insane, but let's highlight a couple particularly bizarre bits:
    Some of the specifics are pretty bad yeah, but I agree with the overall thrust of the bill.

That being said, despite the outrage-bait YT channels and conservative media picking this up and having a hissy fit over it, it's not going anywhere. This is one of those proposed bills that people LOVE to freak the fuck out about despite the fact that it's just literally gonna sit on a "to do" pile for two years before being tossed into the trash.

No, that's different. Sure, he seriously proposed literally ignoring the Second, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments. Sure, he had his administration unilaterally ban bump-stocks, a move that not even the Democratic administration in office before him took as that administration was concerned about Second Amendment issues and whether or not the Executive branch had the authority to make such a move.

BUT IT'S THEM DARNED DEMS COMIN TO TAKE R GUNS, I TELLS YA! MAYBE NOT THIS DECADE. MAYBE NOT LAST DECADE. OR THE DECADE BEFORE THAT. OR BEFORE THAT. OR MAYBE NOT EVEN IN THE NEXT DECADE. OR THE DECADE AFTER THAT. BUT ONE DAY I'LL BE PROVEN RIGHT!
    I do rather enjoy the fact that Trump restricted firearms more than Obama ever did as president.

I'm a big fan of irony.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good for you. It's a shame so many fake 2A supporters around here decided to support Trump. their hypocrisy is a little too blatant.
    exactly i knew what trump was in 2016 he was still the same ny democrat he's always been just had that little R now so everything he did was a ok for the right
    Get your shit together

exactly i knew what trump was in 2016 he was still the same ny democrat he's always been just had that little R now so everything he did was a ok for the right
    Except, he's not a Democrat... the GOP was dead silent when he did it.

You don't get to blame the Democrats for something the Republicans did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except, he's not a Democrat... the GOP was dead silent when he did it.

You don't get to blame the Democrats for something the Republicans did.
    wasnt blaming them im calling him out for what he is and not all of us were silent plenty of gun owners were pissed on all of his anti second amendment bullshit
    Get your shit together

wasnt blaming them im calling him out for what he is and not all of us were silent plenty of gun owners were pissed on all of his anti second amendment bullshit
    That means all the GOP who supported him in two elections are also Democrats...
    Considering his support was over 90% from the GOP, that means that at least 90% of the GOP voters don't give a shit about gun rights, including almost every "conservative" in this very thread.